• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
How to edgeguard Ness: Grab the edge.

Don't try going out there and stuff. It's safer to do that.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Throw a turnip at him from the stage. If it misses, get on the ledge.

Man Ness sucks.

Quaz

Smash Master
Armada you mean wavedash to dtilt right? lol I'll try that.

I like edgegaurding spacies with bair when I feel like I'm not gonna get out there in time. I also use it when I know They're gonna up B from below the stage, I can just drop a bair on them. Turnips seem do the trick otherwise though.

john!

Smash Hero
bair and dsmash alone can edgeguard almost the whole cast if you react correctly. nair, turnips, and fthrow can help too.

peaches need to grab the ledge more. force people to land on stage, then get up and dsmash. if you time your get-up right then they can't drop to the ledge because you're still "on it". this is great against falcon and ganon in particular.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
DI down on first hit --> DI up on second hit.

D-smash edgeguard fails.

That said, I find it can be useful to do this anyway just because you can dash past them and FC Nair, or D-tilt combo.

john!

Smash Hero
only really good players seem to be able to consistently time the cc for dsmash. it works on almost everyone i play except for like, m2k lol. either way, you just tacked on 30-40%, and you know to try a different edgeguard next time.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
It's really easy to CC the first hit of dsmash. I can't imagine how anybody could have trouble with it.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
@john

You do 25-35% but you also lose your edgeguard. If you'd Naired, you'd have done 12-14% AND kept your edgeguard going, which means you might have taken a stock, which is far more useful than raw damage for winning purposes.

Having said that, you have a point in that some people are awful at this game and don't know how to beat it. So because of their existence, I guess the D-smash edgeguard is sort of like trying D-throw Dair with ICs on Marth or w/e. It doesn't work, but it's something to consider doing just to see if they know how to beat it. Because if they don't, it's better than anything else she has, and enables all sorts of nonsense.

john!

Smash Hero
maybe it only works in the midwest XD i do try to nair but often i don't have time for it.

what i really have a problem with i think is peach players (not top pros but decent players) letting their opponents get back to the stage so easily. ground floating at the edge facing the stage lets you cover so many options with just bair, but i'll see peach players trying to throw turnips and miss, or mistime an fsmash, or whatever. we need to start being "armada aggressive" with our edgeguards... armada will bair a spacie, stay in float, go offstage, drop and bair again, then dj and up b to the edge before they reach it and gimp them. i do this a lot and it's amazing. i'll float outside of range and wait for marth to do a side b offstage, then drop down with a bair to wreck his trajectory. he almost never gets back. the *** is way too good. crazy gimps are the future of the peach metagame.

and yes i know this is all happening to crappy mw players but i think it's worth a shot against anyone. :p

Quaz

Smash Master
if characters like sheik up b a little too high over the ledge while you're getting up you can dsmash them before they touch the ground and they won't be able to CC it for the 2nd hit. a good sheik would just up b low enough though =(

Cia

das kwl
LOL teco @ that sig.

and I totally need that DS charger :mad:

BTW, I totally traded in my gamecube controller for a mouse.

and CRISMAS I totally need my melee disc. are you going to D1's tournament this friday?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Sorry >_>...yea I should be. Can you harass me again about on Thursday so I remember? I'm a spazz.

MacD

Banned via Administration
no, but like, you are totally a lame-o, cause like, you totally aren't cool like the rest of us, like, cool kids

cause like, we all know that all the cool kids totally live in like, cali, not like, some lame *** state on the EC

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
no, but like, you are totally a lame-o, cause like, you totally aren't cool like the rest of us, like, cool kids

cause like, we all know that all the cool kids totally live in like, cali, not like, some lame *** state on the EC
EEEEEAAAAASSSTTTT COOOOOOAAASSSTT!!!

is the beast coast

Get at us, son. :chuckle:

I hope this is post was informative to you all

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
There's a video of a crew battle between md and va and it was so amazing. I wish I still had a link to it. That's how I learned smash pretty much.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
We were gonna do another one last fall, like

Me/Chinesahh/Plank

vs

Azen/Chillin/Chu

also macd is dating pinkshinobi wtfff

MacD

Banned via Administration
Top Bottom