• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
The really sad part is that I have the best Chun and Cammy in the south on my list, and I don't play them. It could also be the fact that up until two weeks ago (I also didn't have a HD until like a month ago) I never really gave SF4 a proper chance. I truly disliked the game with every fiber of my being. I play Rose now...and I'll still keep her, but I might pick up Juri in SSF4. I'm just really pissed at Capcom for not putting in Yun. That was my main in 3S. I dropped Ken for that guy. And I had mained Ken for YEARS.

Cia

das kwl
I used to main Viper in SF4.. until one day I just completely forgot how to play her. (like completely) So now I main Rose and Rufus. I love this game.

VA

Smash Hero
Vanz those are the characters I would have said you played, I don't know why but they seem very suited to you. Especially Viper.

MacD

Banned via Administration
ummm, so it looks like me vs zhu didn't get recorded for some reason :(

vanz, my super dads combo was like dsmash, dsmash, tech chase with dash attack, tech chase with dash attack like 2 more times, then hit him off the stage with one more dash attack

it was pretty funny

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I used to main Viper in SF4.. until one day I just completely forgot how to play her. (like completely) So now I main Rose and Rufus. I love this game.
O_O That's gotta suck. 'Cuz Viper is real technical and really fun to watch. I'm a bit disturbed we're both playing Rose, though. (I never played Viper...thought about it when the game came out, but I went with Sakura...Chun...then...I HATE THIS GAME) I just hope we don't have the same mindset for SSF4. DON'T tell me, though....we'll just see, xD.

Cia

das kwl
At first, I had absolutely no interest in playing Rose, but I was really inspired by Luffy beating Daigo in a tournament set with Rose. I'm really happy with the character now and she challenges me to be both smart and precise. and Low mid punch is the best move in any fighting game EVER!

MacD

hahhaha, i remember doing 1 peach ditto with m2k

first stock i combo'd him like 0-60
2nd stock he is like halfway off FD, airdoges, quits out and says he meant to roll up from the ledge :confused:

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I witnessed a couple of those dittos, VaNz. M2K's Peach is very....boring, xD. Still in all, informative on how undeniably uninteresting Peach dittos CAN be.

M2K vs. Tec0 was hilarious. M2K pulls out a stitch...hits Tec with it, then pauses the game, and does his stitchface impersonation. There was something else that happened with Slikvik vs. M2K....but it slips my mind at the moment, xD.

Oh, and yeah...I love Rose. She has an amazing back dash, too. (I didn't have any interest in Rose, either...don't know why I picked her up.)

Cia

das kwl
Hey Vanz what is the perfect way to play a teams match?

Shakugan, im a lion

The perfect way to play teams is to just stick to your role. When I use Peach in teams, my role is usually to get ******** amounts of damage and pass to my partner for team combos. (basically, GET THOSE DOWN SMASHES)

I also tend to play the role of the Closer (the one who aggressively edgeguards) So it all depends on the role you play.

VA

Smash Hero
Peach role is teams is so fun.

And Vanz is right, know your role and just do it. You do have to be focus on quite a lot to play doubles effectively imo...

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
I do, but I'm so rusty, it's pathetic. I haven't played in months. Plus, because of me actually sitting down and learning SF4...my execution is boo-boo. SF4 ruined my life, xD. (It didn't even take long for the game to do it, xD.) Um...what's your tag? I've got a couple people on my list that are actually pretty good. We can get a session going on. I really do suck now, xD.

Edit: 360, xD.
Ugh, I main Noel and Rachell...I love rachell Peach 2.0 much?... yeah and i think shes like the best in the game, yeah yah yeah, i know that facking ***** V13, i hate her shes gay like Fox >_>,... Oh i Play on Ps3 o__O... i don't think i will play much Noel anymore u__u,I got SF4, But I'm waiting for SSF4!!! :laugh:

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Dear VaNz:

I hate Luigi...but I LOVE Stitchfaces. Could I have used them any better? I'm serious about this question. I screwed up a lot at pound for, and got my nerves way too late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTzRYQSUtVs yay stitchface!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnwrgRRi_sU

I already know I'm going to be picked apart. It's whatever, though, xD. I did a lot of dumb stuff.
Lately I been playing "WiGe" Luigi like I'm playing against a Jiggs... try that i think that tip can help you, cuz UpB ****'s Tehe!!

MacD

How do you deal with camping foxes...without switching characters.
cry? it works for me

i have a match against lucky from this weekend where he camped me on dreamland, i did pretty well after i got a hang of it, i'll post the vid when it gets uploaded

one thing is don't let the camping get to you, i think one reason people lose to campers is because they get super frustrated and start making mistakes

turnips are your friend, you have to use them to get a hit in if they are camping the platforms, try and learn their escape patern for when you start to close in on them, then you can punish them

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Ugh, I main Noel and Rachell...I love rachell Peach 2.0 much?... yeah and i think shes like the best in the game, yeah yah yeah, i know that facking ***** V13, i hate her shes gay like Fox >_>,... Oh i Play on Ps3 o__O... i don't think i will play much Noel anymore u__u,I got SF4, But I'm waiting for SSF4!!! :laugh:
lol, I'm gonna continue playing Noel in CS. I saw a combo vid that was truly amazing for her. Um...I'm waiting for SSFIV, myself. Going Rose/Juri it seems like for me.

Ugh...Puff and Luigi are so awkwardly floaty. -_-

thefiction

Smash Rookie
this is pretty sad but what do you do vs zelda? a really good one lives in my area and ive managed to beat him in tourney recently but its too close. that kick is too scary and turnip camping fails

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Most of your game vs. Zelda should be grounded and you should be lower your turnip offense game, if you're floating you're going to be bait for bair or fair and even usmash. If you plan on using a turnip, you need to wait/bait until they use b and then throw to follow up. IMO, I do a lot OOS vs. her, I find it best to get a hit inside her defense.

Vanz can follow up with some more experienced advice. But a really good Zelda can be a ***** at times lol.

Cia

das kwl
cry? it works for me

i have a match against lucky from this weekend where he camped me on dreamland, i did pretty well after i got a hang of it, i'll post the vid when it gets uploaded

one thing is don't let the camping get to you, i think one reason people lose to campers is because they get super frustrated and start making mistakes

turnips are your friend, you have to use them to get a hit in if they are camping the platforms, try and learn their escape patern for when you start to close in on them, then you can punish them
perfect.

And yeah, OoS **** is the way to go vs Zelda. What is she going to do, grab you? LOOOOOOOOL. I wouldn't recommend floating to much, you'll just get kicked. I THINK i put some Zelda info on the OP, I have to check. If not, I'll probably add her next.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
HAH, I remember Mccain losing to a Zelda at genesis.

Not as bad as Jfox losing to Sethlon (Roy) on mute city. That was unfortunate.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL he's just really smart.

I wasn't expecting him to adapt so quickly and I thought I could get away with it because he's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo aggressive in doubles.

DAFJDFJLKJ

His control is just STUPID :urg:

EDIT: Oh snap 7000th post =3

MacD

Top Bottom