• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
hey guys im looking to make my peach faster i want her to have a appearance like she is a cf laugh

but yea does anyone have any advice to make a peach faster?
it is more of the appearance that I want for to look faster almost like a mind game i suppose....?
and i already wd and dd if anyone was gonna suggest that

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Depends on how much you're WD and DD though, but that's one way I make my Peach "appear" faster, also just generally loosens my fingers up, I use both very intensely. I guess another way would to throw out some fast fc'd nairs.

There's only so much you can do as far as appearing faster, your whole gameplay would have to flow fast in order to appear fast.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Play like XiF, he's pretty fast.

I don't think Peach was MEANT to be fast, but that's the closest you'll get.

JFox

Smash Hero
being fast wont get you far with peach. work on spacing, and just get enough tech skill that you can punish with whatever you want. control and movement are two of the most important things in this game, focus on the important stuff and the speed will come later

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
being fast wont get you far with peach. work on spacing, and just get enough tech skill that you can punish with whatever you want. control and movement are two of the most important things in this game, focus on the important stuff and the speed will come later
I mean...I wanted to write something like that but I'm not sure that's what he was asking XD

But yea I agree.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Spacing is definitely more important to peach than speed. However, vans said that peach should look lagless, and though peach isn't fast, you need to look fast in order to play to your full potential.

TLDR What jfox said but don't let your opponents think peach is a slow *****, even though she is.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
peach is hella fast, what are ya'll talkin about! :) She just runs slow. Fights like a shinobi, lagless!
LOL if this was like youtube I'd give you a +1 for clever post :lick:

I like playing peach semi-defensively in most matches so... I dunno what to say about the lagless stuff.

Then again my peach blows, all I try to do is get my opponent to shield my fair so I can punish them with grab or get in their face.

Cia

das kwl
I always tell people to work on making their Peach lagless. It's so amazing when people when people can't find an opening against you :laugh:

everyone should look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nY9MJ8YmTU

the edge guard on Marth's 3rd stock was amazing and i'm probably just going to post this video the next time some one asks "how to edge guard Marth."

Also.. 3:21 is hilarious

JFox

Smash Hero
its called shield DI. Its actually amazing that he even thought of doing that. it makes me wonder if thats how IVP always starts his matches, cuz he did it pretty much immediately.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
thanks Vanz haha.

another question:

what do I do against overly aggressive falcos? I know the timing for nair out of shield but its still frustrating to fight against them.

Cia

das kwl
Well Nair and Bair out of sheild is really the way to go for the ones that like to cross your shield with aerials. But try to remain in float ALOT during his approaches. Lasers go right under you and Fair leads to ****.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
SoCal Falcos are really good at lasering and I'm usually shot out of the air =/

would platform camping be good?

Cia

das kwl
uhh.. i wouldn't recommend it since Falco can move a lot faster on platforms than Peach. And if you float at the right height, Falco can't hit you with SH anything. and if he ever attempts full hop laser, you can drop immediately and meet his landing with Dash attack (or even grab) Either way, Float *****.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
ah okay, so I can basically bait him into full hop lasering and then punish that by landing quickly and catching him out of his land.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Does Jfox still post as if he knows what he's talking about?

Cia

das kwl
Connor - YES! So much of my game play is baiting people into doing something really stupid. Peach has a sick punish game so I abuse it at every chance ^_^

and Jfox is really smart. You could learn from him Kouryuu

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
approach with float > fake approach with falling missed aerial > dash > shield > nair

lol

sounds complicated but it's really simple

Falco try backing up to lazer, punish the aerial, he'll have to grab or get naird (or run :\)

Cia

das kwl
^ LOL, so many factors would have to be met for this work. Like.. you're opponent would have to have a killer sidestep / roll dodge habit.

but it sounds cool. i'm going to use it on someone haha.

Cia

das kwl
Wow.. that was sick timing on the Up Smash haha.

The Guy - Maybe it will be easier if you practice wave dashing on an incline. Go to Yoshi's Island (The stage with the yellow blocks and the pipes) and just practice going up the hills. Then start practicing on a flat level (Final Destination) and you should be good after that =]

The-Guy

Smash Cadet
Thank you very much. Now, besides mute city and brinstar, what maps are particularly good for peach?

Cia

das kwl
Do'h - I hope you'll be at shell shocked tmr and if so, do you need a teammate? If so, let me know on AIM (CxOxSxMxO) I'm heading to Cactus' place now.

JFox

Smash Hero
vanz- <3 you brah...sorry i missed ur post, i havent been on swf much. Im working today so i couldnt go to the tourney, as fun as it would be :)

I feel like sharing something with u guys. Its a little technique ive been working on.

Did u know that if you fc bair in the spot that someone lands, you can cover 3 options?

If they fall, they get bair'd. If they tech in place they get bair'd. And if they tech roll and u fc'd properly, you can grab their roll.

****, peach is so fast.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
doh
You could be a little clearer to the person asking that stage question.

Go DK64 against Fox or Falco and you could be chasing their camp ALLLLL match.
Battlefield can get you trouble against Marths and Dreamland can you get camped by Fox

Isn't FD possibly her best stage vs everyone but a few? She gets her CGs all over, no platform problems. Lots of recovery room.

I'm I right or no on that?

The-Guy

Smash Cadet
****, this thread is great. It's like asking the apostles how to play jesus

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
doh
You could be a little clearer to the person asking that stage question.

Go DK64 against Fox or Falco and you could be chasing their camp ALLLLL match.
Battlefield can get you trouble against Marths and Dreamland can you get camped by Fox

Isn't FD possibly her best stage vs everyone but a few? She gets her CGs all over, no platform problems. Lots of recovery room.

I'm I right or no on that?
I agree with you James. Personally, I find that I'm most comfortable on final destination as peach regardless of matchup.

Top Bottom