• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Jfox i would also try up-b when foxes try to retreat to top plats...i mean you probally already know that but just figured i would share some knowledge i do at least

but idk

also Jfox you going to pound 4 correct?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Yeah one time I was doing a peach ditto and pinned my opponent on the top platform of yoshis with up b then drop down, tech chase with up b

It's so dumb

Now he does it whenever someone's on the top platform

And I find it so dumb when marths spam counter. All you have to do is grab a turnip, and fc fair right in front of them. They go counter then you do whatever you want. also you can throw the turnip over their head to freak them out and either have them jump into it or counter

I played against a lot of marth, it's not that bad of a matchup.

Cia

das kwl
Turnip throw feinting again counter happy marths anyone? =)
YES! i love this because i basically get a free combo starter. I've done the Turnip Feint > Dtilt plenty of times. god it's soo ****.

Kel - read the first post, that might help. Also, I played Hax the other day and I found Dash attack and Nairs to be really effective. so try those. He also admitted to being afraid of high speed FC aerials so use that to your advantage. maybe alot of Falcon's feel that way.

The Irish Mafia

One of my favorite things to do v falcon is float right over his sh height, so he trys to sh knee you and then you dair and I go LOL

People need to get more comfortable with the falcon matchup, if done correctly it's really easy for peach.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry that still didn't help me much, falcon is just soooooooooo dum, and random he does **** and it works but really fox does really good so i guess i'll just go fox or my puff >_<

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
YES! i love this because i basically get a free combo starter. I've done the Turnip Feint > Dtilt plenty of times. god it's soo ****.

Kel - read the first post, that might help. Also, I played Hax the other day and I found Dash attack and Nairs to be really effective. so try those. He also admitted to being afraid of high speed FC aerials so use that to your advantage. maybe alot of Falcon's feel that way.
ohh okay i will thanks vanz

MacD

puff is stupid, how am i supposed to get around bair >bair > bair

i feel there is soemthing i could do but idk what so bleh!!!!

but one fun thing i did to jiggs was up smash out of shield, it hit with the fist and killed at 100ish on FD, i was happy

i remember you posted vids earlier, are there any good matches to watch so i can learn

Cia

das kwl

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
how do u avoid getting hit by fox up-air? sry if its been explained somewhere too lazy to look and just came to my head (vwins reminded me cuz he NEVER gets hit by it)

The Irish Mafia

It's stupid, I do it on every floatie, and I'm pretty much guarenteed one free kill move on jiggs per match.

@blast: you can learn to SDI it, which is tricky, but pays off because you can use that on everything.

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
why isnt this thread stickied?

and on smash DI like i remember jfox talking about the different ways to do it, (dash dance wit cstick) or DI the throw one way then smash DI the attack the other way. is that correct?

JFox

Smash Hero
DI one way and smash the other, or smash DI one way as fast as possible are my best two suggestions. The first one is harder since u have to hit the DI, but its a bit more successful. However, you'd be surprised how effective the smash DI'ing one way repeatedly (no timing) actually can be.

Cia

das kwl
I was talking about SDI'ing away from the Tilts.. this way Sheik will have to go really hard for the Fair (and could end up missing) or at high enough percentages, you can avoid the Fair altogether.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I beat Chu's kirby, and then he went pika one match and I had no idea what to besides generic stuff. My first thought would be shield pressure since his sucks, but other than that, treat him like a bad fox/sheik?

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
What do I do if I'm grabbing the ledge and my opponent is on the stage?

Peach's ledge get-up attack is kinda weak and low ranged.
She can't exactly ledge-hop attacks quickly.

I usually just regular stand up off the ledge and Ftilt or roll, but I'm hoping there's something else out there.

Cia

das kwl
treat him like a bad fox/sheik?
Pretty Much. You also want to approaches ground based or really low. Pikachu's will often go for Uair > Usmash if you float too high. Keep a turnip in hand and go for low aerials (mainly bairs) . Pikachu's range is a joke and Bairs eat his projectile. Don't really go for tricky stuff because Pikachu's speed can be surprising. And he's a pretty easy to combo. Keep roll dodge to a minimum to avoid tech chase Usmash, and recovery above the ledge when possibly. His little thundershocks will knock you away from the ledge and build damage

What do I do if I'm grabbing the ledge and my opponent is on the stage?

Peach's ledge get-up attack is kinda weak and low ranged.
She can't exactly ledge-hop attacks quickly.

I usually just regular stand up off the ledge and Ftilt or roll, but I'm hoping there's something else out there.
I've been told that peach's get up animations are a dead giveaway as to watch tech option she's chosen, so i prefer to just use the double jump recovery and If i have my float, I just use tricks to make it back. You'd be surprised how far waiting will get you. most opponents get antsy and throw out an attack that's doomed to fail, so you take that opportunity to come back to the stage (with an aerial, empty landing, or an airdodge)

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
You'd be surprised how far waiting will get you. most opponents get antsy and throw out an attack that's doomed to fail, so you take that opportunity to come back to the stage (with an aerial, empty landing, or an airdodge)
If your opponent is any good at the game, they'll know Peach has trouble getting up and wait for you. Also, be a little more specific than "aerial, empty landing, or and airdodge"

Cia

das kwl
bottom line, Peach does have trouble coming back to the stage. So you have to choose which method is best to come back with based on what you know about your opponent.

For example:

If your opponent is more prone to waiting for the air dodge, recovering with a Nair or waveland > Dsmash might be a good i did.

If yout opponent is more prone to Attacking you out of the jump, then air dodge might be the safest method.

Peach's recovery is completely dependent on how well you recognize your opponent's patterns. She doesn't have many options, but you can come back if you can read your opponent

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I used to be good against marios...and now I've forgotten everything.

Which of Doc/Mario's aerials can be cc'd? Best way to get around pills is nair/slap? How do you beat bair?

Cia

das kwl
Do'H - You can CC all of Mario's aerials and Doc's Dair and weak Nair. As for pills, just float over or Bair through them. Don't FC your Bairs. If leave it out for the entire duration of the attack, Doc will just run into it and you can link another Bair.

Just put on the pressure with these characters. Their terrible range makes them terrible against Fair and Bair. Low approaches are best because Dair > Uair is annoying and will knock Peach out of float. Pull turnips when you can but hold it just a bit longer than usual to bait the cape, and just **** the **** out of his lag.

Top Bottom