• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If goggles isnt comming with me i have 2 spots in my car and will be giving them to the first 2 that ask
yea i cant, ill be at the next one tho.

didnt bry/cura/san ask you already?

also if you take dr.g with you he told me he wont be comign back to Roc. since thats the week of break from school so hell just be going right back to nyc from the tourney.

Sharky

Smash Master
ok I'm confirmed going with Neil. I still need to find out when he's leaving, though, and set up a time/place for him to pick me up. =/

Sharky

Smash Master
agreed.

10RIP's

edit: in case neil doesn't check his fb, cura's having a mini fest tonight (friday), you should bring dr g and san over, reduce the travel time on saturday if we're leaving then.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm not sure if there are any buses to syracuse anymore today, sharky.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
i think he meant neil should drive us to cura's tonight so we could reduce the time by gettin to vc when we leave

altairian

Smash Lord
agreed.

10RIP's

edit: in case neil doesn't check his fb, cura's having a mini fest tonight (friday), you should bring dr g and san over, reduce the travel time on saturday if we're leaving then.
Well, we're kinda leaving late tonight and have housing in the city so unless you can house them that might not work out...lol

but it'd be cool to have you guys come if you can work it out! I haven't played neil since uh...ATOB2 I think, lol. Oh wait except on wifi one time, but wifi doesn't count

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Daaaamn snow

me and jeff are going to **** up this oswego tournament

expect to see manalord as 1st in BARWL

metaknight **** em up

Kantō

Smash Champion
what do u mean sharky?

you there is a lot of snow guys are we changing plans or no? i mean should we leave a lil early? idk or care just wondering whats going on.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I just did, and there's a lot of things I don't like, lol.

Well, bias to individual characters aside, I think it's dumb they're putting MK in his own space again. There may be a fair step from him to say, falco or diddy, but there's also a fair bunch of characters that make MK's life less than easy too....

And lol ICs, you climb that mountain.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Advice for people going to their first large scale tourney.

DO:
Money Match people
Play as many different people as possible.
Watch and Root for your regions matches. (note that rooting for your region frequently includes smack talking the people playing against your region.)
Introduce yourself to people.
Give people tips on how to get better, because that will encourage them to do the same for you.
Ask questions, people have different styles and might do things you dont understand, ask them about it.

DONT:
Be a **** (this rule does not apply to me)
Fall asleep if you are in the car with pikapika while he is driving.
sit at the same set up for 4 hours playing random char doubles with the same 3 people.
just play with people you know.
John.
Be afraid to talk to, challenge, or smack talk people that you know or think are better than you.

dudutsai

Smash Lord

DONT:
sit at the same set up for 4 hours playing random char doubles with the same 3 people.
just play with people you know.
John.
Be afraid to talk to, challenge, or smack talk people that you know or think are better than you.
This. Everyone should read this.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
i blow a fkin lead against this really good falco on my first match of the bracket i cant believe i lost that set no john though and i fkin blow up another lead against yoshi for some reason i let people read me so clearly and i keep doin the **** over bein so predictable san couldve beat ally if he didnt sd but it was getting late and hewas probably tired as fk goes the same to pikapika i cant believe both of em lost to minty. good tournament

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Blew a lead against a falco sounds like you didn't SDI a spike. Ouch.

Yoshi and falco though, those aren't characters we have to practice against a whole lot here either. Sharky's the best yoshi I know in the reigon (one of two, three?) and besides acton I dunno if anyone mains falco as a primary. Though IIRC someone else was playin him at goggles' the other day, just didn't catch who.

But if you all did great, that's awesome stuff.

Unrelated:
Someone's gonna have to help me grind out one day extra besides EGS and smash club friday since I'm without smash this week. (and last week, too...)

Top Bottom