• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Wasn't meaning anything by it, just saying you should know what it's like to get bills being one of the older (although we're not old) members of our lil community.

Kantō

Smash Champion
you i think SS3 we can have 5 payouts cuz we will have maddd players and im gunna hype the **** outta this.

also i do raffles so random kids get **** too. i feel all you bad players out there lol.

Kantō

Smash Champion
im startin to get suspicious, mabye ill have someone else call taht **** out hahahaha. na KID has raffle shouting rights.

altairian

Smash Lord
"standing room only" isn't the correct phrasing. It was "standing room in the middle of the area people are trying to walk through so you get shoved aside every 15 seconds only".

It sucked.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
SS3 will be melee ===)))

melee travellers willing to come to NY for SS series =) <3 brawl will now too. maybe even m2k am i right??? HOLY **** that's totally a possibility... bry... make SS3 HUGE.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Ooooh good one lmao that could mean many things xD

and yeah ss3 will be incredible. New England will def represent for it

Kantō

Smash Champion
im currently trying to get this venue up at wescott. its pretty big i just wish *******s would call me back or email me or sumthing. i wanted the palace theatre, but i CANT get ahold of who ever runs it. yea im being serious....

also Eevee is looking into a venue up at her skool, so that might possibly work out. who knows as of right now. i will have a confirmed venue by the time SoY2 is over.

Kantō

Smash Champion
they dont rent out anymore after 2009.

yea i know, gaaaaaaaaaaay.
and its not like they have anything going on there its so stupid.

basically there is 2 people that run the place. a woman and a man. the man is very mean and doesnt give a **** bout what you want to do and the woman is really nice and tried to work somthbing out with me but i guess we cant end up doing it there anymore cuz this guy is a doosh.

Sharky

Smash Master
im currently trying to get this venue up at wescott. its pretty big i just wish *******s would call me back or email me or sumthing. i wanted the palace theatre, but i CANT get ahold of who ever runs it. yea im being serious....

also Eevee is looking into a venue up at her skool, so that might possibly work out. who knows as of right now. i will have a confirmed venue by the time SoY2 is over.
do you want me to go over there and try to talk to someone? I live like a mile away from the place lol. Westcott Theater would be awesome. Mainly because dorians is right there XD

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Remember when MLG sponsored brawl online tournaments? Remember when Evo had melee? When they had brawl?

It's nothing :p Not a big deal, much won't change for a while.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
well, since brawl got picked up, you might see some more people coming into smash. and you might see more people getting into melee as well.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
brawl really is a let down. does MLG sponsor any older games or early series games like melee? If so, then WTF!
Or do they always just sponsor the newest?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
They got

Halo 3
Tekken 6
Brawl
Modern Warfare 2

...actually, this doesn't sound too bad for the current generation. Melee for MLG would be pretty sweet, tho.

Foy

Smash Champion
Erik. I wish i was up at oswego right now cause im bored as ****.
Halo Variety Party Games are the best when you are stoned. Sticky Matches only.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I mean MLG owns smashboards... so I dont see how this is a shock

also, tatsunoko vs capcom is EASILY more competitive than T6. tekken series is a joke at this point to me.

Top Bottom