• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

hubble

Smash Ace
This region is finally getting active!

Host and they will come :)

Lets get **** status guys, I dont care if your brawl or melee, push hard and play your best all the time and we will improve as a region.

Also: Try to talk **** and challange people to money matches, and get hype about 'em. Its a sure fire way to get tons better, as long as you challange people that will give you good matches.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
ENY needs to step up and host, lets get something in Albany, talk to Kwan !!! STEP UP ENY

CNY have more melee fests

ME AND JEFF ARE PLAYING MELEE ALL WEEKEND IF ANYONE WANTS TO COME TO OSWEGO.

syracuse ppl, its not that far, its straight up 481 so easy to get here. roch, come on, foy, come on! =) food and housing and weed and beers and whatever just come up we'll play alot this weekend :D we are also going to start recording

Foy

Smash Champion
Dude ive been going to jesses more often ever since i found out an easy backroad way to get to his place. it only takes like 30 mins.

Ill try to see if i can get to Oswego at someone this month/next month.

hubble

Smash Ace
YO, Those binghampton kids need to come up to events more. Those kids were mad good for only playing like 1 week or some random ****.

DUDU WHERE YOUR CREW AT SON, FOX: "COME AWWWWN"

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
ENY needs to step up and host, lets get something in Albany, talk to Kwan !!! STEP UP ENY

CNY have more melee fests

ME AND JEFF ARE PLAYING MELEE ALL WEEKEND IF ANYONE WANTS TO COME TO OSWEGO.

syracuse ppl, its not that far, its straight up 481 so easy to get here. roch, come on, foy, come on! =) food and housing and weed and beers and whatever just come up we'll play alot this weekend :D we are also going to start recording
I agree with this. Unfortunately I have no space to host or anything.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Wait... if there was a regional tournament like about a month earlier than the date I set, why would you want my tournament to be sooner? O.o

I suppose the week before is reasonable, but still, I want to know why you said earlier, wouldn't people be short on cash after a regional if they didn't place in the money?

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Regarding my tournament, I have a couple venues being looked at right now, the date will be set between the span of April 16-26-ish.

There's gonna be catering and crap too. Get HYPE! *runs away scared*
There's gonna be a regional in MA 23-25th, so I would recommend having it earlier.
I'm assuming you're talking to me?

Earlier rather than later, so between the 16-26th, at least not 21-26th. You want have as little conflict as possible right? The regional I'm talking about is GROAT, which is in April...

Foy

Smash Champion

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
from allied's thread
...I didn't even know that this happened.

I always thought the smash community was relatively welcoming. It's strange that newcomers would get bashed in anyway shape or form. I've never seen a newcomer trash-talked in person, I've seen it online, but never in person. The community seemed really friendly when I started going to tourneys. Of course, my particular region may be an exception. Even if you've got no money, you can always offer them some practice and tips to help them do better. Every little bit helps.

awwwwwww...

makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
SS1 = 11 Melee Singles Entrants & 18 Brawl Singles Entrants
SS2 = 50 Melee Singles Entrants & 34 Brawl Singles Entrants

This region is movin' up.

altairian

Smash Lord
I agree with this. Unfortunately I have no space to host or anything.
Duuuude. Haven't heard from you in forever. Let me know if you want to get together to play, I've been practicing up and I'll be more of a challenge for ya now ;)

Also, there's a melee player at RPI that was looking in to venues at RPI for a tourney. I dunno if anything will come of that, but beyond that I'm going to be looking for venues in our region, I've just not had much opportunity the past few weeks.

edit: TML give me Kwan's aim or something and I'll talk to him

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
RPI venue seems like a bust. There's basically no parking here, it's all permit-only. I might be able to swing something, but it might not be for a while. I'll keep looking, though.

I have Kwan's AIM if you want it Alt.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
give him Kwan's AIM I don't have it. if all of you can get together ENY's scene will grow ^.^

srsly contact majin also alt :3 helikes melee and plays mad fighters 2d fighters especially

Kantō

Smash Champion
Yep, it's gunna be april 10th, got the confirmation today. I'm really **** tired and don't feel like putting up a thread for it, maybe tomorrow once my finals are done? ~.~ ZzZz
but u will make a thread right? post a link in here when its up.

san, pikapika, bry, cura, and Dr. G should be in attendance, last I heard.
oh yea also Eevee, acton+ friend and sharky

Sharky

Smash Master
Neil's only taking two people and he couldn't respond to my offer to pay his entry fee + my share of gas for a ride? bull >_____>

edit: yeah, I'm getting a ride from acton as far as poughkeepsie where he's staying, and taking a bus/train or something to NYC and another bus to NJ. Kinda sucks, but it's getting me there.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Dedication.

Comfirmed Upstate List for VC7.
PikaPika!, San, Myself, Dr. Grandpa, Snakeee, Altarian, Sharky, Kanto, Eevee, And Acton.

altairian

Smash Lord
there's going to be a LOT of pikachus at this tournament lol

side note **** the snow. normally I'm cool with snow but this storm is ****ing stupid

altairian

Smash Lord
Wow good list. Show them who we are in game and out :)

I wish I was home the storm sounds awesome alt!
lol it'd be awesome if I didn't have to work today. Not only is getting out of my driveway going to be a *****, but it's going to be the most boring day ever cause nobody's gonna be out shopping. ><

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I'm assuming you're talking to me?

Earlier rather than later, so between the 16-26th, at least not 21-26th. You want have as little conflict as possible right? The regional I'm talking about is GROAT, which is in April...
Oh, my bad, I'm so stupid, you said 'MA' not 'mar.' I thought you meant March. Oh, I see, that makes sense then. Well, I'm not sure what the date should be then...

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
okay for anyone who was interested in coming up this weekend there is a HUGE gaming fest this weekend in Oswego. there will be brawl and melee (i think jeff may be setting up the melee tourny) and there will be mad peebles to own

so whoever wanna come up get at me via pm foy / erk and beta what are you guys up to???

Top Bottom