• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie guys this year is the ****. I finally feel that I have made enough progress to choose a new tag.

FrameTrap

Anyone who wants to play on the weekends and just chat about what we are doing in game and why and get some work done let me know.

I am also drawing up some silly comics about all my friends so i'll be posting them on here eventually.

:3

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
A story of how terrible Buffalo kids are at Smash.

Friday afternoon, we were doing friendly doubles. Myself, Keyo, and a few of the locals who play and still claim they're better than me. ;_; in the midst of doubles they accused us of CHEATING!!! D: So, we just started going bad teams, like Jigglypuff + Falcon, vs Snakes and MKs and we were still winning. So we decided to make thing as completely fair as we could. Keyo went Peach using ONLY turnips, and I went MK using ONLY jab, and we still won.

. . . we need people to play...

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You have not done teams until you've wielded the combined might of Sonic/Ganondorf.

P.S. - Apartment v. RIT crews in both Brawl and Melee needs to happen at some point.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
A story of how terrible Buffalo kids are at Smash.

Friday afternoon, we were doing friendly doubles. Myself, Keyo, and a few of the locals who play and still claim they're better than me. ;_; in the midst of doubles they accused us of CHEATING!!! D: So, we just started going bad teams, like Jigglypuff + Falcon, vs Snakes and MKs and we were still winning. So we decided to make thing as completely fair as we could. Keyo went Peach using ONLY turnips, and I went MK using ONLY jab, and we still won.

. . . we need people to play...
Wow. It seems like high level players are a rarity in Buffalo. I bet if I came there, the mayor would give me the key to the city.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~

P.S. - Mike, I wanna do crews, but both sides should have time to prepare. I don't think calling either side out for this Wednesday is fair to either side.

Eaode

Smash Champion
so snowman has some potential car trouble

Potentially, my friend and I will need someone else to drive to the concert

We still have the ticket, so whoever drives gets to go to the Gorillaz concert for free.

So either someone could lend him their car and be awesome
or someone else could drive us instead

anyone interested?

PS) concert = friday oct 8 @ 8pm, in Madison Square Garden, NYC

gravy

Smash Ace
alright cool, i was thinking of bringing a friend if you dont mind? hes a snake player, but hell play ganon for fun

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
Smash Crews:

Toss ups: Steffon, Neil and Burak.

Where do we put them?

Apartment: Jesse, Juni, Foy, Yannick, Angel, Snowman, Paco?, Sam?

RIT: Minh, Steve, Rob, Amber, Eaode, Eaode's buddeh, Piro, Goggles

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
Angel and Paco?

I love both of them, but this is seeming like a Melee crew battle. Burak, you're on our side. (:<

Sharky

Smash Master
melee 5: mana cura beta jeff, and someone else

brawl 5: cura jamesg sharky vibe/frannie/beta

also are we still doing a bigass fest somewhere this month?

edit: I guess we get spamus and nitro to work with too then =)

Foy

Smash Champion
Well since Steffon lives at he apartment we get him. Sam can beat like half the rit kids, so we get him too.

And we will fly TML out for the weekend cause we are g's like that and have him in our crew.

So, basically we are stacked.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
San is central as well. so is dudu shiv jtam. And does goggles get a crew since hes regionless now?

T0MMY

Smash Master
So I looked into the rumored $1 bus to upstate NY and it's really difficult to get. Pretty much you have to advance purchase way ahead of time and there's only like one or two seats available. All other tickets cost about $100.
I am thinking about putting down $100 just to go up and see everyone in the area, but I really don't think I can afford it (I can barely afford to pay for food during my travel).
As much as I'd like to visit I don't know if I can, unless someone is randomly driving through NY up there and I can hitch a ride.

Sharky

Smash Master
I don't know if there are any other costs you're associating with the trip such as another bus to get to penn station or something (you would be coming from NYC, yes?), but I'm only finding tickets from like 66 to 75ish dollars. That's sitll a lot of money though, so if you can't make it it's totally understandable. =/ As a fellow rob player I'd love to meet you at some point though.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Could you link me to the $75 tickets? I'm trying to find my way to Ithaca, and the tickets for that price go to Syracuse, and I have no idea how I'd get from there to Ithaca.

However.... I think I will come up and visit even if it costs me $101 (as I found on Greyhound).
I just need housing for a couple nights and then I have to head back down to NYC for VC8 and a tourney I'm hosting on sunday.
Can anyone house me thursday/friday after MLG?

Top Bottom