• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I don't know anything about this site, or Brawl in general. I just throw out random attacks really fast and get lucky.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Foy said:
There will probably be another bootleg tournament at rit at some point with double entry teams pikapika or some dumb ****. Can we just run a normal tourney, brawl and melee. Sheth >_>
Why are you blaming Sheth? I'm the one with the weird tournaments!

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, long time no see. The new PR is pretty legit, by the way. I'd totally fix it up and make it so all the fonts match and whatnot but I don't have Paint Shop Pro on my laptop, and I made that PR on my desktop at home.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, since I kind of disappeared for the past once with school starting and all. My lifestyle changed much more than I could have ever imagined, really. I'm taking 17 credits (5 classes), and have been incredibly busy working/studying/reading and just keeping up in general. My RA commented on how much my floor has been working and he said he's never seen people come into college so work-oriented. I just don't want to fall behind, so I've had to cut back on a few things, one of which was Smash. Today I played for a bit while my friend used my computer so she could get internet, and that was the first time I picked up a controller in like two weeks. Compared to August before school started when I was playing at least once a day.

I haven't even made it out to Smash Club here at UB yet, in all honesty I haven't really even thought about it much and keep forgetting to go. I don't really have many people to practice with and my gaming area is pretty lackluster. I have a 9-inch tube TV from 2002 with built in VCR, and the picture quality is pretty poor, and considering how little I've been using it, my incentive to upgrade is marginal. Not to mention I don't really have a couch or anything, but I'm getting a futon soon, which should be pretty awesome. The single dorm is way too good.

As far as the November tournament goes, I can't make any promises. Some friends from back home said they'd come to visit sometime in November, and I don't know which weekend that entails. Traveling to Syracuse would not be too hard since I have a buddy on my floor who goes home every now and then so I could hitch a ride with him for a weekend or something if he goes.

But overall I'm enjoying college and once I get a better grip on things hopefully you'll be seeing me around the boards more and hearing about me tearing up the UB Smash Club. :D

a nub

Smash Ace
yo if anyone from the apartment is going to smash club tomorrow, you should bring setups. matt aka the nys eggm said he wont be here friday. I wont be here either btw jesse so you should bring the tv wednesday instead (thanks btw, I really needed that).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yo if anyone from the apartment is going to smash club tomorrow, you should bring setups. matt aka the nys eggm said he wont be here friday. I wont be here either btw jesse so you should bring the tv wednesday instead (thanks btw, I really needed that).
which matt are you talking about?

this is why we call people by their tags here.

if you mean pyro, than if hes not coming to smash club theres really not much point in having a smash club to begin with, since with out him we dont have NEARLY the amount of tvs, systems, or extention cablesthat we need to effectively have club.

Slashy

Smash Lord
The clone engine is coming out, and I was wondering if our region should have its own set of characters we use with it.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Wouldn't it be best just to add as many characters as possible?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Hey guys, im definitely an unknown, but i live right in greece, im DEFINITELY looking for someone to play against, i have like one friend who plays. Ill link my facebook so its easier to get a hold of me, im not half bad, but i havent been to any tournies, so its tough to give a estimate of my skill.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1320878767
for some reason theres no button to add you on your facebook page.

also, if you are down tonight, you can play with the bunch of us at RIT.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman

gravy

Smash Ace
Ehhh ive only played brawl, ill play melee but youd have to put up with my kindergardenish skill until i got a little better. hold on though i think i know whats wrong with facebook kid, try to add me again. and what time is the RiT thing?

Foy

Smash Champion
Can you tell me what you know about dreams?

And what about night terrors, cause im quite curious for a man of my stature.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold. I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good.

Top Bottom