• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dont worry, he'll be moving back down soon enough. *smirk*

also, zao, do you have any tourneys coming up in rhode island this month?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If you're coming from NYC, I believe there is a $40 bus to Cornell Campus in Ithaca from there, but Andarel knows more than me since he actually uses that bus. Bus from Ithaca to Syracuse is $15, too.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Zao, I'm doing my best to show Lucario's true potential as a character.

Don't let that one set get in your head too much Goggles. I'll make sure I stay this high or climb even higher with my next tourney performance. I'll be ready!

As far as I know, not until next month, though there is a tournament this weekend in CT called Hall of Gaming that RI and the rest of NE is going to. As well, during DC we'll be having a Mass Madness for the people who can't make it to MLG. And of course, another DNA the 30th.

Hall of Gaming 1: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286032

Mass Madness 23: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287878

DNA 10: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287942

Shameless Advertising Of New England Tournaments Hype

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
I just finished watching The King of Kong. I highly recommend it for those who haven't seen it yet.

It's a documentary on competitive gaming.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
James G, come to RIT sometime if you're that close. I'd team with you if our teamwork is good imm get 1st at axs

huMps

Smash Ace
Marth is getting serious. Can't wait to play everyone again. Maybe I'll be able to make up to RIT tommorow and put him to the test.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Pfft....Level 9 Computers all day son.

Jk....yeah I don't really have any true way of practicing. I don't have a Wii here, or even a controller for that matter.

Sometimes I actually perform better by taking long breaks from the game, and then just playing at tournaments, believe it or not. I don't think this approach will help me get to higher levels, but it's my only real option for now due to the heavy workload I have in college this semester.

But who knows, hopefully I'll be able to stop by RIT a couple of times before AXS.

So has anybody been to the House of Pain in Rochester? My friends and I are looking for good haunted houses to go to and shiz.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
***** you go to smash club and play with people like 2 times a week, dont lie to me.

im subscribed to the RPI thread son. no pity parties for you.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I need to have Twinkle Queen as a side event at my next tournament, probably just to say that I held Twinkle Queen as a side event.

gravy

Smash Ace
Can anyone give me a ride to smash club? if we stop by chase i can get some money to pay for gas

huMps

Smash Ace
lvl 1 cpus... only. forever.
.5 damage ratio and put your handicap at 1 and theres at 9. Practice L cancles forever. It's probably best if your practicing with falco. short hop airial to shine to airial loop for days. Dbl nairs with link. . . can you tell I usually play alone. lol Training mode - put a motion sensor bomb on the edge for ledge tech practice. You gotta get creative and really appreciate this game to keep playing it when there's never anyone else to play with. Mana sounds like he knows what's up.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I might be home in Rochester for the weekend. Any smash going on Saturday to Monday?

Top Bottom