• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Prawn

Smash Master
Lol, I'm uneducated about politics . Excellent rebuttal, sir. Please carry on.
Yeah you are, one of the only thing that makes the government money anymore(cigarettes). Surely we should regulate that and not let people make their own choices as to what people put in their bodies.

and Goggles, 10 dollar mm whenever we're at the same tournament.

edit: @ goggles, in good competitive spirit of course, i hope theres no actual bad blood between us

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sharky, I totally forgot that I used that money to pay for the parking garage dude, thanks for reminding me.

@ small shrimp.
For sure, just dont bother talking about such controversial stuff in here.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Ha thanks man. Don't get too excited. My friends aren't necessarily the best Smashers in the world haha.

The guy who finished 2nd & I are about even. He beat me in the finals the last tournament we had. I got lucky that he wanted to try out Pokemon Trainer against me, which was pretty sick, since his ZSS generally beats me as does his Dedede. My friends generally call these tournaments 'How long can we prolong Dan vs. Kevin in the finals?' lol.

But it was a pretty rewarding win. 55 dollars is always nice. I treated them all to pizza afterward with like half of the money, so it was all in good fun.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Ha thanks man. Don't get too excited. My friends aren't necessarily the best Smashers in the world haha.

The guy who finished 2nd & I are about even. He beat me in the finals the last tournament we had. I got lucky that he wanted to try out Pokemon Trainer against me, which was pretty sick, since his ZSS generally beats me as does his Dedede. My friends generally call these tournaments 'How long can we prolong Dan vs. Kevin in the finals?' lol.

But it was a pretty rewarding win. 55 dollars is always nice. I treated them all to pizza afterward with like half of the money, so it was all in good fun.
What's with all these Ness mains?
Makes me happy I main Marth, Lol.

Also, a note, I'm beasting at smash today.
Gonna be training hard for SS3, and Cura's Smashfests. Even harder for Apex.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Don't be a hater. Although my guess is that a recent resurgence in Ness is predominantly because of how well Shaky did with him at MLG. He's the closest non-pro to being considered pro, which is pretty cool in itself.

I've been playing Ness since 64, so he's nothing new to me.

EDIT: Yeah, I hated Marth/Roy in Melee back in the day. Annoying as hell. Haven't played against much Marth in Brawl, however.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
What's with all these Ness mains?
Makes me happy I main Marth, Lol.

Also, a note, I'm beasting at smash today.
Gonna be training hard for SS3, and Cura's Smashfests. Even harder for Apex.
I don't know man, I was beasting on you pretty hard just now with my mk AND my falco on wifi. =0 I got that **** recorded to! =0

Imma be DA BESS at SS3! =0

(<3 Vibe)

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I don't know man, I was beasting on you pretty hard just now with my mk AND my falco on wifi. =0 I got that **** recorded to! =0

Imma be DA BESS at SS3! =0

(<3 Vibe)
Lol wifi.
I didn't even want to brawl because I heard that you were seconding MK, and I hate him on wifi. Like that MU couldn't get ****tier. You won though, so grats.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I dunno you took it pretty well when I gave it to you a few minutes ago! LOL
Don't get too full of yourself. I took it from wifi more than I took it from you.
You seemed to take it at the last smashfest I went to pretty hard too.

I love trolling.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
LOL I always knew VibeSylph was a scrub. These kids talking big with their bull**** loli avatars these days...

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
LOL I always knew VibeSylph was a scrub. These kids talking big with their bull**** loli avatars these days...
Lol when have I ever talked big before this?
If I knew I was going to get trolled this hard over sandbagging in a wifi match, I would have never played him. Lol.

Edit:
>Implying Flonne is Loli.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Lol when have I ever talked big before this?
If I knew I was going to get trolled this hard over sandbagging in a wifi match, I would have never played him. Lol.

Edit:
>Implying Flonne is Loli.
John Mccain! John Jacob Hicklehiemershmit.

. . . JOHN STEWART! =0 =0

Minic

Smash Apprentice
snowman u should come play street fighter at jesse's once i get there. It's been ages since i've played against real ppl. Online just makes me angry cuza lag.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
Upstate blows.

What's up folks? How is jesse's place without jesse?

PS. If you guys like mash ups you should download 2manyDJ's "As Heard on Radio Soulwax" (I like part 0 best).

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
**** I owe so much money..

WNY Money OWING power rankings:

1) Spam
2) Manalord
3) ???

oh god...

ps: Training Honda today...AT's...videos and training all day the rest of the day Smash and Street Fighter

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i smoke ppl up mad times. if sai smoked we'd be so even right now >=|

plus i got into that sketchy car with the mexican couple at burger king all for him. that was insane!!!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Mattdotzeb: $10 from 2 Melee singles money matches.
Still the worst I've ever played and you wont accept a $15 MM... Wiiiiiimp.

I'll pay when I'm back to pick up my ****, I just got a beastly job in Boston

edit:
$15 worth of gas that he was supposed to put in my car from when he went to Boston.
$15 for me taking him to the bus station at 2 am, taking him to taco bell for food at 3 am, and waking me up at 6 am to bring him back his bus ticket that he left in my car because he was super inebriated.
WTF I'm not paying you $40.

Your car didn't need another $15 of gas. I filled it up to half and I know you asked for full but I'm kind of broke as **** so I could only do half. I'll give you $10 for that.

The second one, however, you never mentioned any cash. If I knew you'd be a prick and charge me for it I would have asked another person.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Snowman, you need to go to the tourney later this month in Syracuse

Matt, I wasnt planning to charge for that, except for the part afterwards where that you didnt quote. The part where I had to wake up at 6 am, because you were super inebriated and left the bus tickets in my car. You couldnt really call anybody else for that. thats what im really askign for money for because everything was an honest favor that I didnt need anything for.

I didnt say anything about that at the time, because I was dead tired and almost fell asleep at the wheel getting back home.

I also didnt really say anything because I know you didnt have it at the time and asking you for money you dont have is 1. dumb, 2. pointless, 3. kind of rude.

I dont mind waiting till apex.
10 for the MMs, 10 for gas, and 5-10 for a pissing-me-off-due-to-drugs tax

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
leaving soon. won't get there till sunday night (family stuff).

still hope to play somebdy during the week, since i'm leaving on friday. i'm bringin my cube and controller to that end.

get at me buffalo. 910-524-0397. text me

Top Bottom