• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
@zhenkai, youre way to aggressive. try to slow down your game a bit and pick up on what the shiek is doing. when you're not attacking you should be dash dancing way more. you need more grabs, more tech chasing. your shiek friend wasn't grabbing nearly enough, nor was she needle camping enough. it really looks like you could be pretty good, if you could get out and play some other people more.
This stuff was recorded back when we use to smash, maybe, once every other week. He moved outta town for a while and still is, but has a car and visits often, so we got back into Smash, playin' every day, if not, every other. His Shiek has needle camping down, he just doesn't want to use it in friendlies cuz he knows it pisses me off, but in the good way, if that makes sense. XD Sadly, for the grabs/tech chasing, my 'reading' skills aren't that great, so it's hard for me to actually get it right. I'm slowly improving on it. The grabbing part, I could just grab/dashdance/tech chase, or whatever, a full stock, but that kinda ****, outside of any sort of tourney play, is just weak to him. Tourney's, he plans to see it, in friendlies, not so much, if at all, so I shy from it. I've done it before a few stocks on him in older games and it just made him quit out, so don't wanna do it in friendlies. I never really did much planning on the dash dance thing when not attacking, cuz as you said, I'm rather aggressive. It's kinda how I play Falcon, not the greatest cuz it can be punished, but I have fun doing it, and try my best to adapt, but meh, I'll learn either before a tourney the easy way, or the hard way, at one and probably get knocked out. XD

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Yo so I was just driving home tonight and as I'm passing my neighbors house 3 doors down, I notice they have a crtv out in their trash, a nice one like cura has (the small one that has broken volume). So being the upstanding citizen that I am I pick it out of the trash (it wasn't in any sort of trash just sitting next to some folded up boxes next to their trash can), and take it home for a look see. . .

NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT! Haha free crtv ftw.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Yo so I was just driving home tonight and as I'm passing my neighbors house 3 doors down, I notice they have a crtv out in their trash, a nice one like cura has (the small one that has broken volume). So being the upstanding citizen that I am I pick it out of the trash (it wasn't in any sort of trash just sitting next to some folded up boxes next to their trash can), and take it home for a look see. . .

NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT! Haha free crtv ftw.
I need a crtv. My tv lags like ****.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Vibe and peachy - how dare u blatantly not wish me a happy birthday after nightro definitely notified you. Nightro thanks in return ill teach you everything I know about smash, and also bless you with nineteen virgins.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
XD Nice Jess, was a good chuckle, the virgins part anyways. x3 Also happy b-day and all that jazz dude, don't have too much fun today. =^,..,^=

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Side B crappy? naw don't listen to this guy he's a ROY main... side b combos wit marth is the way to go. it auto spaces for you.
side b has its uses, but its a very bad move to approach with. watch the video and you'll see what i'm talking about. I do use side B as marth fairly often (roy habits i know) but you can't use it as every other attack (I exaggerate but still, he uses it too much imo).

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Vibe and peachy - how dare u blatantly not wish me a happy birthday after nightro definitely notified you. Nightro thanks in return ill teach you everything I know about smash, and also bless you with nineteen virgins.
Lol I saw CRTV, and that's all I cared about. :p

Happy Late Birthday, or somethin'.

Foy

Smash Champion
Guys. Im the best in MvC2 period.

Cura i need to play you at the syracuse tournament to see whos better :D

Oh and paco can be part of this cause he is ridic.

Foy

Smash Champion
Can more people come to the apartment and play. Snowman is coming tomorrow and humps should come too. Might as well throw in rob and burak.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
We should play sometimes foy. Maybe we'll make a trip up to rochester sometime and see everyone again.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Can more people come to the apartment and play. Snowman is coming tomorrow and humps should come too. Might as well throw in rob and burak.
I'll try and make it up there tonight. But it depends on how much work I have for the weekend, so no promises.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
I was planning on it. I gotta get outta super casual brothers mode though. :O

Are you talking about the Kaepora Gaebora statue from ZELDA?
On the PR, I'm some crazy sniper zoidbird thing.

huMps

Smash Ace
I'll try to make it out there this weekend if that's cool. can't make it tonight though, gotta get up at ****ing 4 tomorrow. building basements in 100 degree weather makes me want to drown myself in a urinal.

Foy

Smash Champion
I'll try to make it out there this weekend if that's cool. can't make it tonight though, gotta get up at ****ing 4 tomorrow. building basements in 100 degree weather makes me want to drown myself in a urinal.
A urinal with a big fat turd.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Who's going to the torunie on the 24th in Syracuse?
Better question, whos NOT going to the tournament. Cus unless your name is SHETH, MOSS, Pyro, or jesiah and youre a part of this smash region and your not going to this tourney, You should be stabbed in the chest.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Who's going to the torunie on the 24th in Syracuse?
Cura
Sayan
Eevee
Sharky
Acton
Beta
Altairian
San
Vibe
ManaLord
Jeff (tao?)
X13Mako
RTF
Pie Disliker
Vicouz End
Leet-0
L-Don
Matt(dot)Zeb
KID Goggles
Juni
XXX
Hubble
Spamus
Nightro
PikaPika!
PJ
O.M.R
Foy
A.M
Espeon
Minic
SSBBFan1300
TommyGreenShirt
Frostbite
Killer Banjo
Sith
CMP
James G
& More

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Better question, whos NOT going to the tournament. Cus unless your name is SHETH, MOSS, Pyro, or jesiah and your not going to this tourney, You should stabbed in the chest.
What if your name is Ezekiel, Zebadiah, Raul, or Antoine? Do they all deserve chest-stabs too? Seems like you have some pretty strict standards Goggles.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Dear everyone,

I miss you guys. :c I'm almost looking forward to the academic year commencement just 'cause I'll be seeing all of you on a regular basis again.

Love,
Eeveee

ps., happy birthday Jesse. <3

huMps

Smash Ace
kid - couple 1$mm, my mario your ganondorf best of 5.
my link your dorf bo5???????? next time we play??????????? WNY over 24 hours with no post on the PR. . . everyone alright?

Top Bottom