• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Let me address of few of the "great things" Obama has done according to you.
Holy balls. I never said they were "great" things. I said they were things. I'm not 100% happy with Obama either. He's not Jesus, he's not perfect, and he's done many, many things that I disagree with. But at least he's trying to yank the country forward after it's falling behind so badly.

Aside from the flippant overreacting (holy balls), there's a couple points I'd like to bring up:
-Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize is generally agreed to be ****-tarded. Even he didn't want it.
-This is what I meant by state's children's insurance. Bush vetoed funding for it, Obama reauthorized it.
-Obama's policies on NASA was something I was initially angry about. He cancelled the Constellation program (which would people on the Moon again) but made up for it by giving another $6 billion to NASA. Source, even if it is just CNN. Basically Obama expanded the total budget to NASA but made unpopular changes. The media just didn't cover the expansion very well because it wasn't nearly so controversy-inducing.

That said, nothing I say is going to convince you otherwise. Obama is a centrist, and was elected as a centrist. To debate otherwise is pointless. Nothing is accomplished by going ARRGGGBBLBE I HATE OBAMA HE'S A COMMIE or OMG I LOVE OBAMA FOREVER CUZ HE'S BLACK because that misses the point entirely.

To talk politics, you need to have a level head and approach policy with a neutral mindset, or else your own opinions will cloud what you see as reality. The American media is a mess because it does nothing to clarify what's going on in the world, it's just there to make the viewer's opinion's flattered.

If you want to talk politics, please, do so, but do so with a mindset that you're going to learn something. Otherwise, it just makes more of a mess.

No one wants to see dramatic arguments on a message board. They watch cable news for that. So yeah. Obama's B-tier, I'm putting him there. He's the Olimar of presidents. Put him on a stage and he's fine, but good god is his recovery gimped.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
One way from syracuse to rochester is 28$! AND FREE WIFI! I looked up the schedule and they have 3 departures a day from the regional transportation center from syracuse, and its like only 4 hrs and 45mins!

With this we can also potentially hype of SS3 and possibly use this to travel part way to apex!
Um, what? 5 hours for a trip that takes two by normal car? Transportation was never really an issue for our region...

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Um, what? 5 hours for a trip that takes two by normal car? Transportation was never really an issue for our region...
LOLOL It takes 4 hours and 23 minutes by car. PLUS the fact someone has to put their car on the line to get there, PLUS the fact to make the that five kids have to pack into a car to make the trip profitable when tolls are included. PLUS the fact that driving through nyc/nj is a *****.

You get FREE WIFI on this bus.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Syr...s=NY&2y=US&2l=40.720409&2g=-73.994637&2v=CITY

I know for a fact that a lot of players in the nj region don't come up here more because of the distance, and we don't go down there pretty much for the same reason. With a bus like this I'd be much more inclined to go down more often.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
LOLOL It takes 4 hours and 23 minutes by car. PLUS the fact someone has to put their car on the line to get there, PLUS the fact to make the that five kids have to pack into a car to make the trip profitable when tolls are included. PLUS the fact that driving through nyc/nj is a *****.

You get FREE WIFI on this bus.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Syr...s=NY&2y=US&2l=40.720409&2g=-73.994637&2v=CITY

I know for a fact that a lot of players in the nj region don't come up here more because of the distance, and we don't go down there pretty much for the same reason. With a bus like this I'd be much more inclined to go down more often.
Fine, um, it takes two hours. That's still half the time. I'll pay a little extra to get there in two hours. Also, the Syracuse-->Rochester journey doesn't... really affect the New Jersey kids?

EDIT:
OH. You mean from Syracuse to New York. You didn't make that very clear in your first post.

EDIT TWO:
Free Wifi on the bus doesn't really make me want to jump at it. Car rides are just fine without the Internet. I sort of like talking to people.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
It takes 4 hours and 23mins to get to New York city! Look at mapquest! I posted the link.

AAAND I don't know why you brought up the Syracuse -> Rochester Journey. This is about going from Syracuse -> NYC.

Are you thinking about the trip from Syracuse -> Rochester? I was never talking about that. I was talking about Syracuse -> NYC. NYC/NJ is one of the best areas in the country brawl wise.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I have a car and if everyone chipped in a fair amount it would probably be slightly cheaper to drive still. But driving through the nyc/nj area is pretty stressful. Plus the fact I get to be comfortable on a bus and I don't have to drive and I can go on wifi.

Most places in NYC charge for parking too, if I was to stay in a hotel that is. With a bus like this I'd def save money. If I wanted to go to nj I'd have to pay a little extra but I've looked into that it isn't to expensive.

Edited the first post. I did mention that it was a shame we couldn't travel to ny/nj/tristate area first in the post though.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah that was the most confusing part lol. but this does seem to be a great opening and opportunity. it is 56 roundtrip, but for the experience that NY/NJ brawl could provide, it could be worth it to you all.

*returns to NC threads where he belongs*

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
One way from syracuse to nyc is 28$! AND FREE WIFI! I looked up the schedule and they have 3 departures a day from the regional transportation center from syracuse, and its like only 4 hrs and 45mins!
I'm pretty sure this originally said Syracuse to Rochester, which is why I was confused.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it did, my bad. I meant syracuse to nyc, and I did say in my post

Well everyone knows that the tristate area is one of the best areas in the country as far as brawl is concerned. It's a shame that our region isn't able to travel more often to the nyc/nj area due to travel cost and lack of funds.
So it shouldn't be to hard to guess I made a mistake. My bad though

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Acton you do know, In a good car like frannies. If we filled a car with 5 people, it only cost us 15$ a person to get to newyork. And it'd be faster. You save 10$ and maybe and hour, and you dont have to worry about checking the clock every 5 mins to make sure you dont miss your bus. Free wifi is nice but it shouldnt be a determining factor. Get an iphone

Sharky

Smash Master
reduced to getting into my house through a window/getting my brother to unlock a door for me oh yes I love my life!

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
cuse and roch are easy to get to from oswego. so ****ing easy actually LOL and no tolls. both are under an hour, cuse in a good day 30 and roch 1hr

i'm so sad still, bry had plans on moving to oswego and it makes me =( thinking about how cool it would've been...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Acton, I dont think most of us mind stuffing into a car and going somewhere together.

If you want to pay a little bit extra to have the comfort associated with the bus and going down to the tristate area for tourneys more often Im absolutely positive that nobody is going to stop you. although all of us have different circumstances and preferences so you cant be surprised if everyone doesnt come to the same epiphany that you did upon discovering this.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well its definitely a great option if your the only 1 going. Or if you dont drive.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
just putting this up here so I remember and dont let people skip out on their debts.

People that owe me money.
Vicious: $2 from a MvC2 money match.
Pikapika: $5 from a him/Amber vs me/Rob Melee money match.
Mattdotzeb: $10 from 2 Melee singles money matches.
$15 worth of gas that he was supposed to put in my car from when he went to Boston.
$15 for me taking him to the bus station at 2 am, taking him to taco bell for food at 3 am, and waking me up at 6 am to bring him back his bus ticket that he left in my car because he was super inebriated.

I would have ignored the last one, but I was highly peeved that I had to wake up at 6 am, and I absolutely despise stuff negatively affecting me because of people doing ******** stuff due to being drunk or high.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
My advice is don't do anything for people unless they pay you upfront. I would be so pissed if I put money on the line in a money match, won, and didn't get anything for it then & there.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
People have been fairly trustable sense iv lived here so I'm sure they will all pay there debt!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yea, they will, but if I forget about it, they wont bring it up again... lol

but I see them like every other day so ill get it eventually

Minic

Smash Apprentice
Drunk smash? A sounds like fun. Still not as fun as drunk street fighter tho.

Is it still alright to come down to rochester after july 4? Like immediately after? I havent played smash in a while

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Yea, they will, but if I forget about it, they wont bring it up again... lol

but I see them like every other day so ill get it eventually
I would like to remind Manalord and Amber that I am owed money. I'm sure you guys didn't forget though, I haven't seen you since.

Sharky

Smash Master
just putting this up here so I remember and dont let people skip out on their debts.

People that owe me money.
Vicious: $2 from a MvC2 money match.
Pikapika: $5 from a him/Amber vs me/Rob Melee money match.
Mattdotzeb: $10 from 2 Melee singles money matches.
$15 worth of gas that he was supposed to put in my car from when he went to Boston.
$15 for me taking him to the bus station at 2 am, taking him to taco bell for food at 3 am, and waking me up at 6 am to bring him back his bus ticket that he left in my car because he was super inebriated.

I would have ignored the last one, but I was highly peeved that I had to wake up at 6 am, and I absolutely despise stuff negatively affecting me because of people doing ******** stuff due to being drunk or high.
goggles: $15 from Lie paying for Sin
pikapika: $15 for his share
both for hotel

I doubt you guys will skip out on it, I just figured I'd post since you did lol.

also drunk smash is insanely fun

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i think every region should have their own "payback" thread. then it could be easy to see who has a long history of borrowing so ppl know who to lend to and who to say "nah bruh"

just a thought.

huMps

Smash Ace
ya I've been on youtube watching link samus videos cuz that was just embarrassing lol. Someone hit me up next time your playing, PM me ,or goggles has my number.

Top Bottom