• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I really don't think neil can beat me, the characters he uses just can't do it anymore. If he mained pika like he used to then maybe but in the modern era steffon is proficient and experienced enough to be #2 and I'd be 3. for serious *****es there's no way it's anything other than dat neil is a little antiquated once you get to a certain age you CANNOT play fast twitch **** like melee. it's a physiological thing, it's not something that can be disputed.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Goggles- Please put the Melee PR back up. Otherwise, I'd have to PM everyone in this thread and let them know that MDZ will be adding Brawl to his thread that he made, so that we can stay connected as a community.

Although I'm not playing Brawl ATM, I don't want the Melee players to be posting in a separate thread than this one. We're all one community and that's just silly. Both games need a power ranking, and if they don't then the Melee players will post in MDZ's thread, which would separate the communities.

At that point, I would not let that happen, so I'd ask MDZ to post the Brawl power rankings in his thread, and then PM everyone that posts in this thread and ask them to begin posting in MDZ's thread, for the sake of keeping the community together. Then this thread would die which would be a shame cuz we've had some epic posts and good times in this thread.

The main reason I banned you from my apartment is because you're the biggest detriment to the WNY Smash scene that there is, and I believe you do nothing but hinder the scene. The only good thing I think you've ever done is make this thread, and you've somehow managed to flourish it into a sick WNY thread. Why would you ever **** that up?

Please don't try and hurt the community anymore, that's just silly man. Just put the Melee PR's back up so we don't have to post in a different thread. It's just going to save time and people from getting frustrated. Thanks.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
Do you really think this thread has any correlation to the cohesiveness of the melee community? Because most of them (jesse, foy, steffon, neil, rob, amber, minh) are rarely, if ever, on smashboards anyway. so I disagree with that. [/COLOR]
To answer your question, yes - especially for the summer season. Obvious:
It's helpful to have a joint thread like this because some smashers play both and/or are far away.

picture is unrelated

GLHFDS brawl thread!

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Yo, think he was just sayin, throw him a PR that's some kind of a consensus, and he'll smack it up there.

That said, it's probably prime time to discuss what that 1-10 should be. Basically, it's saying you can decide your PR without goggles.
So, start opinionatin'
I did make an accurate one, with the requested people removed, and no players left tied and up to opinion.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I really don't think neil can beat me, the characters he uses just can't do it anymore. If he mained pika like he used to then maybe but in the modern era steffon is proficient and experienced enough to be #2 and I'd be 3. for serious *****es there's no way it's anything other than dat neil is a little antiquated once you get to a certain age you CANNOT play fast twitch **** like melee. it's a physiological thing, it's not something that can be disputed.
???

Isnt 24 like the peak age for a man in like everything? Physical, Mental, Emotional and Psychological?

Goggles- Please put the Melee PR back up. Otherwise, I'd have to PM everyone in this thread and let them know that MDZ will be adding Brawl to his thread that he made, so that we can stay connected as a community.
Uh... Ill put it up when the panel (who I dont think is established yet) collectively comes to a conclusion on a stable PR.

tl;dr, Ill put the Melee PR back up when there IS one...

The main reason I banned you from my apartment is because you're the biggest detriment to the WNY Smash scene that there is, and I believe you do nothing but hinder the scene.

I would very very much appreciate some elaboration on this.

The only good thing I think you've ever done is make this thread, and you've somehow managed to flourish it into a sick WNY thread. Why would you ever **** that up?
So what about all the tournaments that Ive held, organised, planned, Co-Hosted, and transported people to and arranged transportation for? What about all the people Ive trained? What about all the people that come to me for advice? What about all the people Ive inspired to get better?

Its really hurts that you would say something like that and just disregard and basically take a dump on all the hard work I put in to this community... I fully believe that Ive done more for the advancement of the communities of both games than you have. Some may agree, some may disagree but that fact that you would speak so dismissively of everything Ive done stings more than you can possibly know.

Please don't try and hurt the community anymore, that's just silly man. Just put the Melee PR's back up so we don't have to post in a different thread. It's just going to save time and people from getting frustrated. Thanks.
I dont even know where somebody could get the Idea that im actively trying to hurt people... Everyone knows I can be a bit eccentric at times, but anybody that really knows me shouldnt ever think that.

and once again. Ill put the PR up when there is one concretely.

Okay, well then, we have two options:

1. Goggles outsources the Melee PR to the Melee players, and we spend some time hashing it out before we come up with a first version of the list. In the mean time, this thread goes back to being Melee+Brawl, and the first post will have an "under construction" message.

thats exactly what I said to you all first thing this morning minus the under construction bit.

I did make an accurate one, with the requested people removed, and no players left tied and up to opinion.
Funnily enough, I actually agreed with most of the list he made, but I didnt want to put it up until a couple other people cosigned to it.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Oh cool, topic title is green again so I can tell where it is now =)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Lol yeah I'm being harsh just felt like trash talking i take it back but you're still banned lol sorry

Edit- If he was going to put up the PR why did MDZ make a thread?

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
AMAZING SmashFest at my place:

Melee Doubles:

1. Team: Look At Out Peachy Melons ( BluePeachy :marth: :shiek: :fox: + Marthmellow :marth: ) $25
2. Dair Pissy! ( Blaze :jigglypuff: :falco: + TK :ness2: )
3. Keyo Missed ( Keyo :shiek: + Myst :dk2: )
5. K Poison ( J Poison :ganondorf: + Ky :falco:
5. Dave Academy ( Burns :marth: + X :younglinkmelee: )

Melee Singles:

1. BluePeacheh McButterMary :marth: :shiek: :fox: :falco: $45
2. Myst :yoshi2: $15
3. Marthmellow :marth:
4. Keyo :shiek: :falco:
5. Burns :marth:
5. X :younglinkmelee:
7. Ky :falco:
7. Vader :falco:
9. Spawn :falcon:
9. TK :ness2:
9. Jake :ganondorf:
9. PeanutBrandon ????

Brawl Doubles:

1. Team Meddy Knight ( BluePeachy :peach: :metaknight: + Blaze :metaknight: ) $30
2. NOT Keyo Missed ( Keyo :zelda: + Myst :ike: :ganondorf: ) $10
3. Burning Poison ( Burns :snake: :diddy: + J Poison :metaknight: )
4. X Marks the Spot ( X :lucario: + Ky :shiek: :zerosuitsamus: )
5. Femme Fatale...we have boobs ( Marthmellow :marth: + TK :olimar: )
5. Spawn; The Peanut (Spawn :falcon: + PeanutBrandon :sonic: )
7. Believe the Sith ( Vader :snake: + NH&C :pit:) <_<
7. Finn & Jake ( Jake :kirby2: + Metory :metaknight: )

Brawl Singlessss~

1. Blaze :SPLIT: :metaknight: :snake: $35
1. BluePeachy :SPLIT: :peach: :metaknight: :falco: $35
3. Myst :ike: :metaknight: :pit: :wario: $10
4. Keyo :zelda: :sonic:
5. J poison :metaknight: :wolf:
5. X :lucario:
7. Burns :diddy:
7. Ky :shiek: :zerosuitsamus:
9. Marthmellow :marth: :metaknight:
9. TK :olimar:
9. Metory :metaknight:
9. Vader :snake:
13. Spawn :falcon:
13. PeanutBrandon :sonic:
13. Nemo :mario2:
13. Austin :metaknight:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Maybe it was just an "in the moment" thing, with Goggles making the title only brawl, the initial shock of the lack of PR, as well as Goggles not fully explaining everything until a bit later.

Edit: Where was that BluePeachy? Still at the college?

Sharky

Smash Master
Eyo sharky. couple questions

Is Ian staying in rhode Island for the summer?

Me, Neil, and San are going to be going to MLG in my car so far. San will probably want a spot in the room. I dont know about Neil.

You know that armchair thats in the corner of every hotel room ever? yea, Im calling that now.

Who from syracuse is confirmed for the room so far?

EDIT: exactly what sheth said.
1. Yeah, he'll be back here in the fall.

2. Excluding Neil because I haven't a clue where he's actually going to stay yet, that makes me, you, san, alt, and acton. Bry isn't confirmed yet and I guess neither is BP? BRY GET YOUR **** MLG PASS ALREADY!!! So this makes a total of 5 people and $60 for the hotel. If you could figure out what Neil's doing that'd be nice. =D

3. As long as I'm guaranteed a pillow I can sleep where ever. A bed would be nice though =P

4. I'm not gonna bother saying anything about the acton deal, cura knows my thoughts already, but why does pikapika drop so far for one bad tourney? This is more of a curiousity than anything else. Forgot that there was another tourney that I didn't go to. I still don't like the acton thing though.

Foy

Smash Champion
Melee Singles:

1. BluePeacheh McButterMary :marth: :shiek: :fox: :falco: $45 (what? How did you make so much $, get these kids over to Rochester so i can steal all of it. And wtf at the yoshi dude in second)
2. Myst :yoshi2: $15
3. Marthmellow :marth:
4. Keyo :shiek: :falco:
5. Burns :marth:
5. X :younglinkmelee:
7. Ky :falco:
7. Vader :falco:
9. Spawn :falcon:
9. TK :ness2:
9. Jake :ganondorf:
9. PeanutBrandon ????
Peachy making bank.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Bluepeachy, making dat $$$ like m2k

Use some of those winnings and go to a real tournament, I'm honestly curious how you would place.

Seriously, you post here hyping yourself all the time, and show tournament results with people I've never heard of, but then every tournament you have crazy amounts of johns and never show up.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's true, I know, I suck, though. Melee was more for fun, but people were wildn and said "LET'S MAKE THE ENTRY FOR EVERYTHING $5" so yeah. ^^; Not gonna lie, for the most part, there were scrubs in the bracket. The point was more that I had fun hosting a smashfest, but people would've probably asked to see the results anyway.

I hype myself? Not in jest? I'm surprised. Aw well, I guess I have to deliver next time I'm seen. Although I know I'll place really crappy, specially Melee, I hadn't touched it in like a month and a half before today. ._.

But you have to realize this was at my house. BTW, I have some Brawl stuff if anyone's interested... *meeps* I was planning on attending MLG with the money, but my mom probably won't let me. *moves out* I wish I could do that so badly. ;_;

@ Foy, that wasn't all he used, but I forgot everyone else, looooool.

Quite frankly, I will say this, I have gotten a lot better. (mostly Brawl sadly) but I know I still suck, stealing scrub money and posting it on the boards is only more proof of that. lol, I hope no one took it the wrong way.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
No animosity towards you at all. I realize that came out a bit harsh. Just saying how much I want to actually see you someday :)

It's so sad knowing someone only on the internet like this. When we meet, let's play a ton!

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was rather interested in playing you as well. But, it's not really your fault. If I know I can't show up, I shouldn't be even talking in the threads. No harm done, really. I understand how much the region wants to be able to see me. But as long as I'm under my mother's captive control I won't be able to do that freely. The last time I went to Rochester, my mom knew nothing about it. But, I'll be 18 next year, and even before then, if I hopefully have a car, I'll be able to go to Rochester every week. Or at least, I'll try. It's better than relyign on others, and I'll actually be able to do this when I want to.

MARCH 26TH 2011, I SWEAR!

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess now would be a good time to make a few shoutouts and just go over a few things.

First is I haven't done any shoutouts for any of the tourneys lately so I'll do that now.

Sheth: Good **** at the past couple of tournies, I feel like your focusing on to many characters, try to stick to 1-2. I'm not good at the marth MU but I feel like your marth has potential

Altairian: Always a good sport dude, your probably the most dedicated brawl smasher in the community imo. Don't get discouraged.

Chris: Your goggles friend right? You come to every tourney in Rochester and I think I saw you at SS2 so you prob like the game. Just step it up

San: Thanks for playing all those friendlies with me, and thanks for the support. It really means a lot to me. I feel like I learn a lot after every smash fest I went to with you there at Jesses place

Dr G: Good **** dude. I was really impressed with how you did at rising from the ashes pt 2. Thanks for playing all those friendlies against me this season. It really helped me improve my game.

Moss: GGs with that MM. Your a pretty chill dude and I look forward to MM you more next season. >)

JamesG: I never play you much but being the next person over me in the PR expect to see me asking for a lot of MMs. I can tell I need to step my **** up some before I can give you a run for your money though.

Goggles: Yo I'm not going to lie, your the kind of guy where people either like you or hate you. I think if people give you a chance your not a bad guy though. You do **** that pisses people off a lot, and some times you do **** where I'm like, ". . . WTF?" But whatever, I'm a live and let live sort of guy.

It was really nice to see you come out of nowhere and make it into the top five. You really stepped your **** up, and its nice to see someone else playing falco in this region. I got a lot of respect for you.

Pika: You haven't been doing good lately but I feel like most of our good players in this region have been in a rut at one point or another, now its just your turn. I didn't see the livestream but good **** at nikefest. Mad hype for mlg. I'm supporting you as the #1 pika!

Kanto: I remember three or four months ago having a conversation with you on the way back from rochester about how everyone has their limit and what it takes to get to the next level. I remember you telling me how, "I did the same **** over and over." Or something along those lines.

I don't know it kind of struck a cord with me, probably the best advice I've ever gotten up to date lol. I know you've been busy lately but as long as you have a love for the game and the will to keep playing I'm sure you'll get better

AK: You have a lot of potential dude. I was **** when I first started playing before I got into the competitive brawl, but for not playing competitively at all your really good. I think you have a lot of potential, hopefully we'll see you in syracuse.

Snakeee: I look forward to seeing you at mlg. I think you've got your edge back now.

13370: Sucks that I haven't seen much of you lately, but you where always another person that always supported me and I really appreciate it.

BP100: I havent seen you since SOY1 but I remember I was really grateful for the advice at that event. Sorry we couldn't play games on lolfail wifi.

XXX: Your mad chill and if you where active in the scene more I prob wouldn't even be on the PR. Hopefully you'll be more active next season

Eevee: I'm sorry for mispelling your name all the time. Frannie right? ><;

Cura: Stop ****** me so hard. >< Thanks for hosting all those smashfest for our area. It really helped me step up my game. You probably coach me the most out of all the players in the region and its really helped me a lot. I wish I could say I enjoyed getting ***** by you in all the matches we play but I promise one day I'll give you a match worth remembering. xD I've still got a ways to go though.

About me getting the tenth spot on the Power Rankings:

It feels really nice to finally be on the PR, especially when I said I wanted to get on by June and its still the middle of may.

At the same time it feels bittersweet. I always imagined getting on the PR because I beat someone worth talking about.

The way it is now I've never lost to anyone bad, but I really haven't beaten anyone good either. I feel like I really haven't done anything.

Honestly I would rather win a few upsets and lose to someone bad once in a while rather then getting on the PR like this.

Which brings me to the last person I'm giving a shoutout too, Sharky.

I feel like you and I have been pretty close in skill level since around RITs got hype. We had a lot of close matches, including that MM at rising fromt he ashes pt 2.

The only difference between you and I up until this point was your PR seat and the lack of mine. You where seeded higher thus you faced lower seeds then I did earlier in brackets. My wins against higher seeded players looked better then yours, and your loss against AK was someone who I would have lost to at that point as well. IMO the only real difference is your loss to Phil. That one bad match put you in last place in the tourney too. It kind of sucks for the both of us dude. At this point I feel like I didn't get the definitive conclusion that I wanted, as far as I'm concerned your as good of a player as I am, even a little better perhaps.

I feel like I made the PR only on a technicality, and not based on the extent of my ability. I couldn't care less about stats, all I care about is the extent of my ability, and the PR was a way for me to measure myself against some sort of standard.

Let it be known that I object to the way our stats where weighed against each other.

At this point it would be meaningless to give up my seat. Instead I'll use it to challange myself to aspire to a higher standard in the future.

-Way to serious

Foy

Smash Champion
Back when i wanted to go to pound 3, i asked my mom. She said yes, i was 16.

You guys need to step up to your parents or something.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Okay. No one post in MDZ's thread anymore (if they have been), and we'll see about getting a new PR set up.

I will cosign to Steffon's PR for now. Could you repost that?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
K, I'll have my thread /r/ a close.
Holy ****, that's exactly what I said when I was talking to goggles and nightro, no joke.
hahahahha Awesome.

Get @ me going to MLG NY at 15, and going to Rochester last year (17) without more than 2 minutes of thought put into it.

I agree with Foy. Step up your parents.

Foy

Smash Champion
WNY/CNY Power Rankings

1. JesiahTEG (Marth/Fox)
2. Vicious (Fox/Falco)
3. PikaPika! (Sheik/Marth)
4. Minh (Link)
5. TheGeneral (Peach)
6. Spamus (Samus)
7. Rtf (Fox/Peach/Sheik/Jiggs/Metaknight)
8. BetaBahamut/BetaFish (Fox)
9. Foy (Falcon/Marth)
10. Cura (Ice Climbers/Jiggs)

Honorable Mention:

Burak (Fox/Falcon)
Pyro (Roy/Marth)

Snowmanthatknows

Smash Journeyman
I have about $0.50, I usually can't even make it to local tournies. (:

The last one I made it to, I didn't have enough money for an entry. xD

Annnd, did someone buy a dime bag with that $10? hehe, good boy.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I just avoid entering tournaments for the most part. I don't like using my money for them.
I have money in check form, but I'm not planning on cashing that until I get to Rochester, cuz I know I'm going to be tempted to spend it if I cash it now.

:3 Big dimes are always a great treat to yourself.

What is the Price:Amount ratio in Rochester?
In Quincy, for mids/schwag, it's usually $10:1.4-1.8, though I know some guy who gives me 2grams for $10. But he recently stopped selling in order to lay low.

Snowmanthatknows

Smash Journeyman
I don't exactly know, I stopped smoking for almost half a year now, nor did I keep too much track of that information even though I smoked everyday. :x

I used to get about a gram or more of exotic for only $10, that's all I would smoke, the rest I just smoked my friend's **** that they would share, which I never asked who or where they got it from. haha

ThisKidJuni

Smash Apprentice
WNY/CNY Power Rankings

1. JesiahTEG (Marth/Fox)
2. Vicious (Fox/Falco)
3. PikaPika! (Sheik/Marth)
4. Minh (Link)
5. TheGeneral (Peach)
6. Spamus (Samus)
7. Rtf (Fox/Peach/Sheik/Jiggs/Metaknight)
8. BetaBahamut/BetaFish (Fox)
9. Foy (Falcon/Marth)
10. Cura (Ice Climbers/Jiggs)

Honorable Mention:

Burak (Fox/Falcon)
Pyro (Roy/Marth)
**** that **** son.

Top Bottom