• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So to all the brawl people (SHETH and Cura especially) Im currently in Georgia, and Im about to get picked up by Biglou to chill at a smashfest.

Ill let you know how hard I stomp people.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Georgia, huh? If I wasn't either getting a job or taking a course this summer (it will be one or the other,) I'd be liable to see if there was a tourney down there during a potential week-long stay.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice, have fun. I'd be interesting to see how your sonic fares there.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
unfortunately, youll just have to settle for me telling you how it was and maybe reading their PR thread, since there arent any tourneys happening with in the duration of my stay.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Lawl. Everyone is getting around for smash.

I still got my Wifi though ;D. Lawl.

Edit: Also, I won't be going to anything smash-wise for a while.
Imma be a disney world.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Brief update: place in syracuse locked their positions for the summer. Maybe the hiring effort was something pre-emptive lower down in the chain, but the big boss said forget about it till fall, as I was told by the hiring person.

Oh well, fall, perhaps. We'll see, eh?

Minic

Smash Apprentice
SSF4? That's my game, ill throw in some MVC2 lesson cuz the game is so hype.

Juni quit playing ur super turbo crap. Super 4 is where its at right now

Im going to get so rusty over the summer. Practically no smashers where i live. Have a good summer every1 in case i dont see u guys before apex

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords

Im going to get so rusty over the summer. Practically no smashers where i live. Have a good summer every1 in case i dont see u guys before apez
ManaLord it and play by yourself - or take up an apprentice or two. No better time to work on that techskill :D

Visit us when you can!

ThisKidJuni

Smash Apprentice

Im going to get so rusty over the summer. Practically no smashers where i live. Have a good summer every1 in case i dont see u guys before apez
Dude no ST is so good. SSF4 Maybe, but you gotta teach me a some new tricks.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: SS is okay, it's much better than vanilla.

ST, however, is definitely on that next sh*t.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs drugs
:urg::confused::ohwell::):laugh::chuckle::psycho: :rotfl::):colorful:<---What drugs do to you

Hey guys, what are you up to?
9 more days until I come and beat you all up in smash bros melee. :p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
every game is slow and campy when you play with minh. lol

and vibe, nobody will deny that blazblue is madd fun but its not worth attempting to get really good at it since youll never find more than 5 people at a time in one place willing to play with you.

matt, do you play anything else besides melee?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: CS is gonna suck @$$ for everyone who doesn't play Ragna.

Just sayin.

Belial Edge or go home.

And SS isn't that campy; it's gone to footsies in general again, but they did more things right this time with the mechanics.

I MEAN, IT'S NO ALPHA3 BUT WHATEVS

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero

matt, do you play anything else besides melee?
I'm not interested in anything else on a competitive level minus Brawl (slightly) and it's various enhancements (also slightly). Videogames don't interest me much unless I'm actually playing them. Otherwise I don't care at all :laugh:

hubble

Smash Ace

Nitro: I highly suggest life coaching of some sort for you, send me a private message, I know a few good therapists that will be able to help you.

huMps

Smash Ace
goggles, final fantasy 7 and melee are the only games you need to know. Honestly I don't know how you could find the time to get good enough to play at a competitive level in more than one game. But then again I don't even try cuz (reread first sentence)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
soma, i never played 7, but 10 and 13 are really really good... also, you forgot brawl in that post.

the fact that you main link also reminds me that Ive never played more than 1 hour into an LoZ game.

but id say that if you gave me about 20-30 min to practice, I could get myself up to an (near) tourney level again in a few games that ive played.
SC 1-4 (1 and 3 are my favs)
DBZ:B3
CvS
MvC1/2
TvC
Tekken
SF
Rival Schools
and a few others.

I have the time to get good at multiple video games because I dont have a family to support. (no offence)

huMps

Smash Ace
how could i take offense to that lol. I dont know, I guess I'm just not crazy into video games. (generally speaking) just the really good ones :)

metroid and LoZ games are pretty kick *** too

Acton

Smash Journeyman
soma, i never played 7, but 10 and 13 are really really good... also, you forgot brawl in that post.

the fact that you main link also reminds me that Ive never played more than 1 hour into an LoZ game.

but id say that if you gave me about 20-30 min to practice, I could get myself up to an (near) tourney level again in a few games that ive played.
SC 1-4 (1 and 3 are my favs)
DBZ:B3
CvS
MvC1/2
TvC
Tekken
SF
Rival Schools
and a few others.

I have the time to get good at multiple video games because I dont have a family to support. (no offence)
DBZ:B3 is mad legit. I never played it in tourney but I played it with all my friends from hs and I took it pretty seriously. xD If there was a competitive scene in this area for that game I'd def join it lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
DBZ:B3 is mad legit. I never played it in tourney but I played it with all my friends from hs and I took it pretty seriously. xD If there was a competitive scene in this area for that game I'd def join it lol.

this. Ive gotten this from like 15 people and I agree with it wholeheartedly.

It is such a good game, and the way they set it up, it plays like a legitamate fighting game.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice

this. Ive gotten this from like 15 people and I agree with it wholeheartedly.

It is such a good game, and the way they set it up, it plays like a legitamate fighting game.
Although I'm home for the summer, definitely would be up for getting into this game. DBZB3 was probably my favorite fighter aside from smash

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dang. I still have my copy too. Im about to go back and reunlock everything in that game for you guys as soon as I get home lol

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Lol, I'll play Blazblue regardless if I find enough people to do a tourney with. 5 people is good enough for me.

Also, Lol, I've never considered any DBZ game to be taken srsly. I always thought it was for all the people that think Shonen Jump Animes are the best Animes in the face of the planet, to gather round, and occupy them from F**kin' up the internet.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
as a dbz fanboy, i would normally immediate jump on anything with dbz on it. As a sonic fanboy, I do the same with that franchise. But as a realist I can admit when said games of either series are bad.

But quite honestly, Budokai 3 was a quality fighting game, no joke.

Top Bottom