• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Sharky

Smash Master
I think at most doubles would count for tiebreakers. Also cura beat pikapika in winners but then pikapika beat him in losers, very close overall.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
MK wins everything.

This is the first time Cura placed higher than me IIRC

Snakeee

Smash Master
it's kinda weird. In tourney so far,

cura usually beat snakeee

snakeee beat pikapika afaik

snakeee usually beat me (not sure to count number of sets or just whole tourney)

I beat cura

pikapika beat me nowadays

I think cura and pikapika win/lose

But pikapika has been getting the best results consistently.
Then me and cura really close behind. I've been getting 5th last couple tourneys -_-) Snakeee may be higher or lower no clue really, but when everyone in top 5 in PR is at the same tourney, it's up or down for him atm.

No clue if doubles counts.
I think we're all at a very close skill level here. I feel like it's anyone's game among top 5 or 6 at least, which is both good and bad (but large scale, good). Good because it's more exciting, more fun, and it makes us more competitive as a region which will be great for when we go out of state. And obviously the bad part is that the top players don't win as much here. :urg:

I also think it'll be really hard to rank us correctly as of now because of this. I don't mind whatever it ends up as too much because I think we're just so close in skill. Maybe a tier list of players would actually be a more accurate choice.

Doubles was ranked in a separate tier list in NJ, but ....well NJ rankings is kind of a mess and always debated like buffoons :laugh:
I do like that idea though to have it separate.

Oh and me and pika are 1 and 1 in sets, me and Cura is 2-1 him, and me against you (San) is 3-1.

Also, Dr. Grandpa is a big potential winner too. Rising fast and definitely should be ranked pretty high.

Sharky's list is definitely noteworthy.

Sharky

Smash Master
I could put him at fifth place possibly, but no higher. Jesse needs to step his game up lol, I just realized dr g beat him.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i guess well see what the PR board says. it better be different than what it is as of now, and if teams are going into this i think it should be a seperate PR cuz my teamate is unrealable and didnt even come to SoY2.

oh yea im bout to play soul silver too i had to wait cuz my local gamestop close at 5 yesterday... WTF is that about?!?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I've been thinking of Dr. G as 4/5... but I gotta give Snakeee credit for his placings in previous tournies too. 5th sounds about right.

And now I wanna MM XXX so badly. As much as I hate Wario dittos, I wanna face off his Wario, at least to see how I compare to him.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
stop complaining about the PR, look at the last up dated date pls....

I havent even talked to cura about it yet, but spoilers

neil is number one
im not on the list
jesses not on the list.

im just going to stick to showing up at tourneys and playing (and mostly winning) impossible matchups.
next up, fox vs snakeees shiek.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
i outplaced snakeee in my last 2 tournaments in upstate (idk if they count or not: ss2 and this) kthnxbye ._.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Yo general i didnt know you were SoVa man, Me and Eevee are SoVa too :]
Yeah, man. That's what's up. You know what they say, "Virginia is for smashers" or something like that. Where exactly in Sova? I'm from Roanoke, right by Virginia Tech.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
He's been placing low the past two tournaments, so it's only fair. That way people won't complain as much about him too.

Kantō

Smash Champion
yea jesse is def. on the list. unlike what goggles said , but i dont think he deserves to be off of the PR by any means.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I don't think he should be off either.

Just that spoilers should be 100% certain... may have been a second thought afterwards, but the post could've at least been edited. xD
---

Edit: My buddy andyisjudo's looking for a new tag. It's too similar to that sheik player.

He liked an idea of mine of using a japanese pokemon name. As of now, it's L1zard0n. If anyone has some ideas for another japanese pokemon name, it would be much appreciated. (Then he can get on the map too.)

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Let's rag on Goggles for small things. But seriously... when will people stop hating on Goggles? I think he's a really respectable smasher, and I usually highly regard his opinions.

altairian

Smash Lord
I know we have tourneys infrequently, but why do we update the PR after every single one? It seems a little unfair to people to have one bad tourney and drop on the PR, or someone has one really good tourney and leapfrogs over people.

I think the list is pretty well established with results now, we should probably chill out a bit and use multiple results to make more informed decisions on changes in the future. Just a suggestion.

Sharky

Smash Master

Just that spoilers should be 100% certain... may have been a second thought afterwards, but the post could've at least been edited. xD
---

Edit: My buddy andyisjudo's looking for a new tag. It's too similar to that sheik player.

He liked an idea of mine of using a japanese pokemon name. As of now, it's L1zard0n. If anyone has some ideas for another japanese pokemon name, it would be much appreciated. (Then he can get on the map too.)
fushigisu. do it.

****it Bry, I'm totally going to pass you next time >.>

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

---

my bad on the spoilers, I was under the impression that jesse placed a lot lower than he actually did (I thought he placed around the same as I did.) but it doesnt matter too much, the biggest factor in his placement is that he consisntently quits brawl tourneys halfway through the brackets. and if you gimme some more info about andy i can come up with a slammin famer tag for him.

Let's rag on Goggles for small things. But seriously... when will people stop hating on Goggles? I think he's a really respectable smasher, and I usually highly regard his opinions.
thanks dude, that means a lot.

I know we have tourneys infrequently, but why do we update the PR after every single one? It seems a little unfair to people to have one bad tourney and drop on the PR, or someone has one really good tourney and leapfrogs over people.

I think the list is pretty well established with results now, we should probably chill out a bit and use multiple results to make more informed decisions on changes in the future. Just a suggestion.
People that dont fully understand how the process works shouldnt speak as if they do.

Heres what I read there.

Dispite my lack of smash knowledge and experience, I feel that i know exactly what the process is for making this list, and even though I have no way to show this, I not only fully understand this process, but i feel that it is wrong and that my opinion should hold more weight than the combined ideas of the 2 most knowledgable/dedicated people in the community.

Also, you may have gotten the list right this time (and every other time for that matter) but the way you are going about it is still wrong since nobody can change their skill level to become better than anybody else within a 1-2 month timespan.
madd presumptuous...

also another important aspect to note about both lists,

the people that play both games are really good. even if you rarely play one. and more easily Identifiable, people that have played for a long time are also really good at smash.

as evidence of the first statement, I realise that Pinpoint and foy both all of a sudden jumped like 2/3 skill levels almost immediately after starting to practice brawl. even if they arent on the list

dudutsai

Smash Lord
imo PR should be updated after each tournament. The point of a power ranking is to show outsiders who is good, so they know who to watch out for. At the same time, it motivates players to get on the list, or to get their names higher on the list.

Changing it after each tournament both shows outsiders who was the best at the most recent tournament (averaged with the general placements), and it gives people a lot more incentive to improve.

Just finished making the Massachusetts PR, and that's just my opinion on the matter....

altairian

Smash Lord
People that dont fully understand how the process works shouldnt speak as if they do.

Heres what I read there.
What process? You took the results from SoY2, and made those the current rankings. There's no process evident. I love being talked down to for making a suggestion, too. It's cool.

Top Bottom