• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I'd have made it out of first pools at APEX last time, my pool was like all randoms.

I'd still make it out. I'm confident I'd make it out in any of the pools you guys are in.

edit: lol terminology fail.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You can read between the lines all you want and you can assign whatever implied meaning you want to my words, but the fact that decide to be this defensive about it says that you do have some kind of beef with me.

You can cross reference with Tyrant if you want. I told him the exact same thing. As a matter of fact, i was actually more direct with him. I told him on facebook straight up that he was going to get pissed on in pools. He didnt have any ill will about it and took it for what it was.

If you read the actual words on the screen, what I ACTUALLY SAID was this region has a long track record of not getting out of pools, IN THE PAST. Including me since I got pool ***** at Apex 1 and SNES and it wasnt until i got up to top five in the area that I finally started doing well out of state.

Also, if I wanted to put the emphasis on me, I would have named myself first, and in all caps just to make sure you saw, since you clearly seem to have issues with reading comprehension

And if thats how youre going to respond to a neutral statement from me despite not having an issue with me, WHY IN THE HELL should I even lift a pinky toe to cheer you on? The idea that im supposed to like people by default just for living here is full of crap. As a matter of fact, I know more about Sky then I do you. And currently, I like him more than you, so theres no reason for me not to root for him when he drops a giant steaming deuce on you.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Looking back I suppose that is fairly neutral for you. You just have this abrasive edge to everything you say that rubs me the wrong way.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
One thing I've noticed is with people who don't like goggles, is they seem to give a lot of credibility to what he says, despite thinking what he says is usually stupid.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thats a great idea. espeically since your in a good friend of mines pool.

dat boy jpeg is mah dude. I dotn know which one of you Im gonna root for for second seed. From what I remember of him, you two will be evenly matched.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Jesse is lame.

Im going to have to rep WNY at this. Since Im the best one from here going. =P

for all those wondering, this is an example of me being stupid and egotistical. <3

huMps

Smash Ace
Goggles get's to play captain Jack! that's ****ing awesome. Flaw, work on that captain falcon match up. Good luck against JPeg , and I'll pray for you against Korn and S2J lol.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
lol my pool is rigged, th0rn and s2j will be 4-stocking the rest of us.

Goggles get's to play captain Jack! that's ****ing awesome. Flaw, work on that captain falcon match up. Good luck against JPeg , and I'll pray for you against Korn and S2J lol.
korn would at least be winnable, but it's thorn

MetalPat

Smash Ace
hey good luck everyone. been mad busy and havent been on the boards so ill just leave this here now.

inb4 san is only one out of brackets

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
ive played thorn every summer you have no chance sry man!!!

hahaha. but really if u wanna win you gotta suprise him!!! the only way, cant go in with standard business he has much exp

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
good luck for however few have the ability and spirit to travel and compete, gl at apex!! will possibly attend a cura fest one of the next few days if he gets back to me on when... wait is anyone from cuse even going still?

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm going! and I'm hosting a small fest at my place tomorrow, though it's really just brawl since no melee people will be around to play it seems =/ sorry mana

edit:
INFO FOR THURSDAY:

My address: 5320 jillian lane, brewerton NY. Rochester people can take I-90 to the 481 exit, go north, take exit 9-N for I-81, and then get off at exit 31 for Brewerton. Take a right off the exit onto Bartel Road, follow to the end of the road (not very far, you'll see a McDonalds at the intersection), and take a left onto NYS Route 11. Make the next right turn onto Orangeport Road. You'll drive a little under a mile before turning left onto LeBeau Rd, then make a quick right onto Heidi, a left onto Jacob, and a left onto Jillian. My mom's house is the second one on the right, it'll have a tan chevy cavalier in the driveway.

I actually don't work thursday at all it seems, so people can come over anytime.I'm picking up tyrant at 6:30, so people can come over anytime 7:30 or later!

Some ground rules/tidbits:

There are two dogs, a dalmatian and a black lab. They don't get along well, so only one is out at a time. They might bark a bit but they're harmless. There is also a scarlet macaw, keep your fingers away from his beak lol.

My brother is mentally handicapped, please be respectul of this.

Don't trash the place obviously lol.

There is one spare bed upstairs and comfy couches downstairs with more pillows than you could ever want.

We will probably head out sometime between 4-5am.

HYPE!

EDIT: if any other cuse people wanna come up to smash thursday night they're welcome to come =D

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I agree Flaw. We can have rit smash club on Friday. :)

Well, as long as Flaw can get me from the station tomorrow, looks like I'll be going. Trying to not get myself too excited until I'm actually there. This is going to be amazing... :D

I'm only not entering because of money johns, but to be honest, I'm not at the level where entering a national would... well, I'm just horribly bad. =D Hopefully, Apex will improve me.

Good luck to everyone in their respective games!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. Neils not entering melee, only people that are are me C. Snips, and Flaw.

2. I just beat Neil this past weekend in Marvel, and Coles going to be there too.

3. I swear to god, if I get outplaced by neil at one more Brawl tournament, i might just commit seppuku.

Top Bottom