• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Sharky

Smash Master
INFO FOR THURSDAY:

My address: 5320 jillian lane, brewerton NY. Rochester people can take I-90 to the 481 exit, go north, take exit 9-N for I-81, and then get off at exit 31 for Brewerton. Take a right off the exit onto Bartel Road, follow to the end of the road (not very far, you'll see a McDonalds at the intersection), and take a left onto NYS Route 11. Make the next right turn onto Orangeport Road. You'll drive a little under a mile before turning left onto LeBeau Rd, then make a quick right onto Heidi, a left onto Jacob, and a left onto Jillian. My mom's house is the second one on the right, it'll have a tan chevy cavalier in the driveway.

I actually don't work thursday at all it seems, so people can come over anytime.

Some ground rules/tidbits:

There are two dogs, a dalmatian and a black lab. They don't get along well, so only one is out at a time. They might bark a bit but they're harmless. There is also a scarlet macaw, keep your fingers away from his beak lol.

My brother is mentally handicapped, please be respectul of this.

Don't trash the place obviously lol.

There is one spare bed upstairs and comfy couches downstairs with more pillows than you could ever want.

We will probably head out sometime between 4-5am.

HYPE!

EDIT: if any other cuse people wanna come up to smash thursday night they're welcome to come =D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you didnt enter any melee events did you?

EDIT just checked.
Good that means you and neil and maybe tyrant are driving. I need to sleep since im the only on with tourney matches on friday

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I got my tickets reserved.

I'll arrive in Syracuse on Thursday at 6:48 pm, at the Regional Transportation Center, on 131 Alliance Bank Parkway.

And I'll have to be back there before 4 pm on Monday to get on the train back to Schenectady.

Sharky

Smash Master
sweet, that works =)

In that case, Rochester can arrive at my place anytime after 7:30, to allow for any small delays.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice, good to know.

@Rob
Thanks for the advice. Every vid I saw had that stupid weapon. I hate to go pew pew, but megashark is obviously OP. Easily dispatched the Twins, only skeletron prime is left.

Sharky

Smash Master
INFO FOR THURSDAY:

My address: 5320 jillian lane, brewerton NY. Rochester people can take I-90 to the 481 exit, go north, take exit 9-N for I-81, and then get off at exit 31 for Brewerton. Take a right off the exit onto Bartel Road, follow to the end of the road (not very far, you'll see a McDonalds at the intersection), and take a left onto NYS Route 11. Make the next right turn onto Orangeport Road. You'll drive a little under a mile before turning left onto LeBeau Rd, then make a quick right onto Heidi, a left onto Jacob, and a left onto Jillian. My mom's house is the second one on the right, it'll have a tan chevy cavalier in the driveway.

I actually don't work thursday at all it seems, so people can come over anytime.

Some ground rules/tidbits:

There are two dogs, a dalmatian and a black lab. They don't get along well, so only one is out at a time. They might bark a bit but they're harmless. There is also a scarlet macaw, keep your fingers away from his beak lol.

My brother is mentally handicapped, please be respectul of this.

Don't trash the place obviously lol.

There is one spare bed upstairs and comfy couches downstairs with more pillows than you could ever want.

We will probably head out sometime between 4-5am.

HYPE!

EDIT: if any other cuse people wanna come up to smash thursday night they're welcome to come =D
Edited the directions to account for a mistake on a couple streets that I made. These directions are accurate now.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I still have my religious meeting on thur night.

So knowing neil, ill say well leave roc around 10 30.

Well try to be at ur place by midnight. I suggest you try to get some sleep

:phone:

Sharky

Smash Master
calm, you're all set for housing, we're gonna figure out gas/rides for that part of the trip when we get there. also I might hit you up on aib later

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Pool 76

Orion
Sky`.
Zelz
Firo
Calm

Pool 55

San
Grimace
Pitzer
FGCU SSGuy
Juxtapoz Mako

Mako in sans bracket lol

Pool 51

ZEX
Hylian
z0mfg
Omega Tyrant
Deathbysuarez

Pool 38

Stroumbert
PikaPika!
RizMF
PEACE
LegendAssassin

Pool 32

Shugo
Da1AndOnlySonic
KirinBlaze
SMM1
Inferno

Pool 26

Brood
TeeVee
That Random Apostle
Sharky
2link121

Pool 20

Leon
Deltacod
K.I.D.Goggles
Bing
Melon

Good luck guys!

Edit: Kid Goggles, Leon gonna serve you that ****.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol vibe.

I wonder how many people are going to die when they find out that the second best marth in europe doesnt get out of first round pools.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
lol vibe.

I wonder how many people are going to die when they find out that the second best marth in europe doesnt get out of first round pools.
Not that this scenario will play out, but with two man out pools, it is very possible that some solid player will get snuffed first round. Especially given the unpredictability of regions that aren't well-known.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Neil is a pikachu with a fox and falco in his pool lol.

Vibe you're not going?

I think a couple of you guys can get out if you pull some upsets. We'll definitely have to go over some strategies in the car or at Sharky's when the time comes.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Neil is a pikachu with a fox and falco in his pool lol.

Vibe you're not going?

I think a couple of you guys can get out if you pull some upsets. We'll definitely have to go over some strategies in the car or at Sharky's when the time comes.
There's no way I could take a bus anywhere so no.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lemme teach you how to button mash like a champ real quick =D
speaking of this, I actually mastered the k prime mash and have switched controls over. Its not THAT much faster than normal mashing but thats only because I didnt change my down taunt. If I did that it would be excruciatingly fast.

tyrant space your bairs better.

just think to yourself, what would Kain do?

The answer is spam more spaced bairs.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
speaking of this, I actually mastered the k prime mash and have switched controls over. Its not THAT much faster than normal mashing but thats only because I didnt change my down taunt. If I did that it would be excruciatingly fast.

Yes, I'll bair bair bair :D

Orion*

Smash Researcher
So I've already accepted beating orion isn't likely so I need lots of falco practice friday
LOOOOL worst mindset
i dont know you but i figured id say,
sky also plays wario. lucky for you i play both. if you want to play some games let me know friday outside of melee bracket time and i would definitely be down.

-> /responds to name searches

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I really like the Wario ditto and Olimar v Wario for the most part, so I wouldn't mind that at all. I'm just being realistic. You have a much better track record than I. Like you've beaten Leon, and I lose consistently to this moron over here named Vibe.

But yeah, I'll definitely hit you up for some friendlies.

Sharky

Smash Master

what's the scheme again? I wanna try it out just to see if it's much of an improvement over my mashing

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I honestly think the way you beat me in the ditto Calm, that you can take on Sky. He's much better than me, though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
what's the scheme again? I wanna try it out just to see if it's much of an improvement over my mashing
all three dpad options set to either jump or attack.

hold control stick down with left index.
mash d pad with left thumb.
slam up repeatedly on c stick
mash shoulders with remaining fingers.

I've played CAC a lot, so at least I'm improving on the Falco matchup. And Wario dittos are just really fun.
im just going to let you know now. im pretty sure upstate has a LONG running track record of people outside the top 5 not getting out of pools at nationals.

San, Xiivi, Ownasaurus, Pikapika, Jesiah, Dr. Grandpa, and myself are the only ones that have gotten out of pools at a national from this region

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
im just going to let you know now. im pretty sure upstate has a LONG running track record of people outside the top 5 not getting out of pools at nationals.

San, Xiivi, Ownasaurus, Pikapika, Jesiah, Dr. Grandpa, and myself are the only ones that have gotten out of pools at a national from this region
The ego in this post is just astounding.

Sharky

Smash Master
nah he's just stating facts, we've got the odds against us, that's all. I know I'm not gonna make it into bracket here, but I think I could have a shot at making round 2, and I'll be damn happy with myself if I do.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
The thing is I was already being very realistic about my chances to make it to round 2 of pools. It comes down to how i do against Sky, really, and I suppose if the people I don't know are any good or not. I didn't so much as mention making bracket.

Then he comes in and is like only top 5 pr could possibly make it to bracket and does that thing where he reminds everyone he made it to bracket at a national.

As a region we should be cheering each other on at an event like this, not saying, "nah man, you'll never do it". Especially considering I have no beef with you at all Goggles.

Top Bottom