• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Alright, I'm basically 99% confirmed for Apex. And I will be driving myself.

I'll be leaving on the night of the 5th or the eeeearly morning 6th from Corning.

I'd be happy to pick up anybody between Steuben county and NYC. (Sorry, Tyrant. >_>)
I already set up my ride with KID and Sharky, so no worries.

And KID, how much would I have to pay for the room?

Xubble

Smash Ace
I guess I'm taking the bus instead of driving. Evidently, my car "is old and isn't made for driving such long distances."

Also, I need a doubles partner for Brawl. Anybody interested in playing for the lulz and fun?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Hey guys, did you knew that Falco is broken, Pikachu's near 0-death chain throw on him doesn't matter, and the people who play him in competitive play are playing him wrong?!

On a serious note, I've been doing some Brawl research to objectively measure the power of each character. I should have the results up before Apex.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Merry Christmas everyone. (Happy holidays/ family get-together to those who don't celebrate)

Kind of sucks to have my laptop broken, only have an old desktop. Going to try to get a decent PC build after New Years.

Btw has anyone played Terraria before? It's one of the few games my computer can play at the moment.. The beginning was awful (creating the house and acquiring equipment) but now that I have decent gear it's getting a lot more enjoyable.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
Merry Christmas everyone. (Happy holidays/ family get-together to those who don't celebrate)

Kind of sucks to have my laptop broken, only have an old desktop. Going to try to get a decent PC build after New Years.

Btw has anyone played Terraria before? It's one of the few games my computer can play at the moment.. The beginning was awful (creating the house and acquiring equipment) but now that I have decent gear it's getting a lot more enjoyable.

I have over 270 hours in Terraria. Soooo good. Every patch is like a whole new game.

I didn't get around to making a house until after I had some
gold
equipment.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
i am certainly down to smash sharkums. brawl or melee. We just needs a place to play. Mabye ill host something if i can get you mako and david to come.

on the subject of Terraria. That game is awesome me and my friends bought it on release. Thing is though we played for like 3 days straight all got molten and pheonix handguns/muramasa. It was little dissappointing after we could just roflstomp stuff. I def wanna have my friend host the server again now that I hear there is hardmode. It was certainly worth the 10 bucks then.

Xubble

Smash Ace
There's like double the content since 1.0.6. The "hardmode" that they added is wonderful, and the random weapon stats adds a lot more variety to the game.

Seriously, I had to stop playing Terraria cause my computer stopped working for 3 months. Now it's fixed. :D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

I have over 270 hours in Terraria. Soooo good. Every patch is like a whole new game.

I didn't get around to making a house until after I had some
gold
equipment.
1. What exactly is this game?
2. It looks like a 2d version of minecraft.

RTF

Smash Lord
1. What exactly is this game?
2. It looks like a 2d version of minecraft.
It's 2d minecraft except it's actually fun. It's not the best spectator game... playing it is much more fun than watching. You can run around, dig, build stuff, fight stuff... The items now have diablo 2-esque stats. Skip around this Let's Play or the trailer to check it out.

RTF

Smash Lord
i am certainly down to smash sharkums. brawl or melee. We just needs a place to play. Mabye ill host something if i can get you mako and david to come.

on the subject of Terraria. That game is awesome me and my friends bought it on release. Thing is though we played for like 3 days straight all got molten and pheonix handguns/muramasa. It was little dissappointing after we could just roflstomp stuff. I def wanna have my friend host the server again now that I hear there is hardmode. It was certainly worth the 10 bucks then.
Try a bows only character? Or maybe a caster. I feel like I'm "done" playing when I get all of the endgame stuff, too.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Created a temporary spawn point near the jungle to get some better equipment. Had gold before.

Once I found the jungle and got some jungle spores, I immediately got the OP blade of grass (28 damage, large range, etc.). Just recently I explored the corrupted zone and killed the eater of worlds 3x.

Just these past few hours, a lot of crap happened in my world: 3 meteorite crashes, killing skeletron and exploring dungeon, and a whole lot of other gear I acquired. Now that I have a legendary muramasa, I will use that over the blade of grass. It does less damage than the blade of grass but it's much faster.

I think I'm about ready to beat the rest of the current game and get into hardmode.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Hey, what day should I come to Syracuse, and what day will be getting back from Apex?
monday
I accidentally signed up for melee forgetting that it was during school hours :p.
email them and get your money back.
come sometime thursday, I get out work at 1pm

I don't think we've decided whether we're staying sunday night or not yet.
I booked our hotel for sunday night. remember mlg? driving home day of tournament = no.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
o u guys and your terraria.

Tried playing Oblivion and it didn't work. Bought Sonic Generations for $10 and I'll be playing that after I finish terraria most likely (if it can on lowest settings).

I'm nearly done with Terraria. I'm about to tackle the endgame bosses. I'll call it quits once I acquire the best armor and weapon set.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Generations is pretty awesome. I'm playing Zelda Skyward Sword right now. I'm liking it so far but I still have a long way to go it seems.

huMps

Smash Ace
Apt. melee was going strong last night. Good **** guys.

Flaw - I'm sorry I didn't get back to you. When I got there I thought no one was going to be playing melee, and by the time we started I forgot to tell you. My bad.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Oblivion?

I think you meant Skyrim maybe?
Not buying that until it's under $20, which it probably will be by March or April anyways, and I have Oblivion so why not play it (along with my other 100+ Steam backlog).

Thanks for the heads up Jamez

In Terraria there are 3 bosses: The Destroyer, the twins, and skeletron.

I beat the destroyer, but the twins straight up bodied me (since my character is melee and they just shoot at you while avoiding you). Going to see if I can stack up on a little better ranged gear.

Kind of worried I'm not really practicing for Apex but w/e I'll do fine.

RTF

Smash Lord
Not buying that until it's under $20, which it probably will be by March or April anyways, and I have Oblivion so why not play it (along with my other 100+ Steam backlog).

Thanks for the heads up Jamez

In Terraria there are 3 bosses: The Destroyer, the twins, and skeletron.

I beat the destroyer, but the twins straight up bodied me (since my character is melee and they just shoot at you while avoiding you). Going to see if I can stack up on a little better ranged gear.

Kind of worried I'm not really practicing for Apex but w/e I'll do fine.
Crystal bullets
are OP. Combine them with a
ranger emblem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AIAtAsfYZE nice combo vid

Top Bottom