• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I know tyrant is going to get to this, but let me make it easy for you because you insist on being stupid, ignorant and hard-headed... (this is the insult)

There is absolutely NO reason that you can give to feasibly justify banning ps2 that dont also apply to ps1 as well. (the legitamate arguement)

If you think ps1 is a bannable stage please say so, and this discussion will be over. If so that will show that you are consistent in your beliefs and the only thing left to do is agree to disagree. If you refuse, that means that you are cherry picking which stages you want to drop and keep based on personal biased preference only and not any kind of consistent standards of viability that you may hold. (the facts)

Just for the record if you are going to insult someone in the middle of a debate than you should still be presenting facts and legitamate arguements during your statement. So if you go back and highlight this post you can see an example of how I do this.

and tyrant. when debating on this forum its easier and better for ones eyes and attention span to reply to individual topic this way as opposed to the way you are doing.

Oh noes!
I guess that Smashville is a poorly designed stage as well since its platform is so much higher than the base that every character cant hit somebody through it with an up tilt...

I colored this post so it can accurately represent the contradiction present with in it.
So... let me get this right... the wind stage makes it hard to zone AND approach? How exactly is it possible to be difficult to get close to somebody AND be difficult to keep them away at the same time? And assuming you intended to say that its hard to get in on sombody, you then go on to say that the tranformation that forces you into close quarters is also a bad thing?
forcing someone to approach and forcing them to defend cant BOTH be bad.

this is the kind of statement that gives the impression that you dont want the stage legal just because you dont like the stage due to your personal inability to do either of those two things rather than any limitations posed on the characters or mechanics in the game.

^^^ thats how you want to do it tyrant, quoting the post and than putting sections of the same post down again in italics is, unnecessary.
Actually, I do think PS1 is a bannable stage. I would prefer a JP ruleset., but can tolerate Halberd, Delfino, etc.

Zoning does not mean keeping out. Zoning means controlling space, thank you very much. A stage forcing a character to do anything is bad. The character should have the option to do both at any given time.

Goggles, I thought Tyrant put up a better argument than you, tbh, but you're right, he does kind of go off into different directions when debating, which is why I was getting frustrated at him, because he'd go on to say something completely random to back up his point, even if my original argument had nothing to do with it.

Tyrant, in all honesty, when I said "Don't be an idiot" it wasn't with hostile intention, I was just trying to say "Of course I didn't mean I can't play on that stage." So hopefully after this debate, no hard feelings. c:

Edit: And at the platform thing, it's not that big of a deal on it's own, but all of the small things add up.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
^^^ thats how you want to do it tyrant, quoting the post and than putting sections of the same post down again in italics is, unnecessary.
Yeah, I noticed previously before coming on here that I could quote individual statements, rather than the whole block, resulting in it looking much nicer. Italics are universal, so that's why I used them here.

Vibe Slyph said:
Tyrant, in all honesty, when I said "Don't be an idiot" it wasn't with hostile intention, I was just trying to say "Of course I didn't mean I can't play on that stage." So hopefully after this debate, no hard feelings. c:
Being an admin on the SmashWiki for a year and a half now, I'm used to arguments, and I don't hold them against people.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
is it just me, or do other people (most likely the sharky/san/ people not arguing) find it counter productive to insult someone else and someone elses views while they are trying to convince the other person they are their point is wrong...

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Apparently from what I heard from No_Skillz, the other guy in Schenectady, he's getting a free ride to Apex from someone. I asked him if he could see if I can get involved in that too, but I have yet to hear back from him about it.

If that doesn't go through, I think I may have to take the train there, and get picked up by one of you guys when I get off the train.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Alright, so that makes four, you, me, neil, and san.

Im probably going to put like 6 people in the room. and give the other two spots to whatever random smasher wants it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Jaiye hasnt informed us what hes doing.

Also tyrant, if you can get there on your own, would it be easier to bring you back to syracuse with us and have you get a bus/train from there?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Jaiye hasnt informed us what hes doing.

Also tyrant, if you can get there on your own, would it be easier to bring you back to syracuse with us and have you get a bus/train from there?
I was looking at Amtrak, and a train to Syracuse costs $27 for me, as opposed to a minimum of $40 to get to New York (the closet it'll take me to News Brunswick).

If I was to take this train to and from Syracuse, I would be able to join your carpool from there.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Right now, it doesn't look likely that I will be going...I'll let you know if things change within this week, though.

Sharky

Smash Master
aight so, in this case, I need:

1. confirmation from san that he's riding with me.

2. info on tyrant. I'd really rather not pick you up from nyc, if you can take a bus from the station out to somewhere closer to the venue (in nj lol), then I'll definitely get you. But driving in to port authority...lemme introduce you to my friend Tripe T: Tolls, Traffic, Time. It just might consume more gas idling in traffic than actual driving lmao. It's MUCH easier to bus out somewhere more convenient.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

2. info on tyrant. I'd really rather not pick you up from nyc, if you can take a bus from the station out to somewhere closer to the venue (in nj lol), then I'll definitely get you. But driving in to port authority...lemme introduce you to my friend Tripe T: Tolls, Traffic, Time. It just might consume more gas idling in traffic than actual driving lmao. It's MUCH easier to bus out somewhere more convenient.
I said how I can take a train to Syracuse, which would be both cheaper on me and easier on you guys.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
^^^^^^

If that happens that means we will have a full car, and jaiye, that means youll have to call flaw and see if he can hop a ride with him or something.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

1. Sure, I'd be fine with that. That would mean busing to Syracuse or something? Either way, not much of a problem.

@Rob

remember, you can also check your steam inventory for a free gift. I got a 25% off certificate, but others received free games.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
San. Me and neil are driving to syracuse and then taking sharkys car to jersey. We can take you with us since you'll be in roc at the time right?

Do we need to drop you off at school or take u all the way home afterwards?

:phone:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yep, I'm in Rochester until near January 20 something.

Okay, I think I understand. Let's try to make sure we are all well prepared ahead of time this time so we can get in as much practice as we can before the event.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Tomorrow im going to be on the phone making business calls all day. But you can come over on wednesday if you want

I need some one on one time with you anyway. With all this new technology that the lab guys came out with, Im going to need some one on one testing with you anyway.

Sharky

Smash Master
JAMES G!!!!!

You're done with student teaching now, right? =D

also I suppose I'd be up for wifi with the rochester folk.

edit: I still have two spots available for housing at Delta-Cod's over the weekend, the only cost will be $5 for gas.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting unluckier and unluckier by the week. I just found out that the only date available for my fourth and final teacher certification exam is on Saturday, January 7th. I can take the exam at a later time, but I have to get everything done by February or else I have to wait all the way until September to be officially certified (meaning I'm not qualified to apply for a job until then). Between that and being low on cash right now, I'm not really sure what the deal is.

Like I said, if I'm going, I'll get myself there, so no pressure on anyone. Besides, I think you can still register, it just costs more if you register late. Regardless, I'm more than willing to help anyone in the Syracuse area practice for Apex.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Okay, KID. Got it. Trying to get a ride from up here, anyways, cause that is my best option right now. Thanks. :)

Also, x13mako...you have my eternal gratitude for that.

Sharky

Smash Master
OK so my car is myself, neil, kyle, san, and tyrant. Gas will be $20 each, plus whatever I end up deciding on for hotel ferry, probably somewhere around $3-5. Goggles I'd like to know how many other people I'm taking to/from the place at some point.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Well, I emailed disney about my status and they told me they haven't made a decision yet, so I think its safe to say I'll be around for apex. I'm going to register later. I can get myself there, but that delta cod housing sounds nice sharky. ;).

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So KID, even if I were to get there on the day that you guys were leaving, you wouldn't be able to take me to at least Syracuse, for someone else to drive me from there, now that the car is full?

Xubble

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm basically 99% confirmed for Apex. And I will be driving myself.

I'll be leaving on the night of the 5th or the eeeearly morning 6th from Corning.

I'd be happy to pick up anybody between Steuben county and NYC. (Sorry, Tyrant. >_>)

Top Bottom