• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Sharky

Smash Master
yeah definitely less free time after high school, trust us. The free time you get is just much better spent.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
College give your the opportunity to play more people (variety of different people) which is better for a competitive aspect because you get different match ups and stuff unlike in highschool your more likely to play your friends over and over again due to certain constraints

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yes. They are. Well, not everyone (me). But yeah, everyone's gotten a good deal better. And that's good.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I suck balls at Melee. I never got into the metagame soon enough. And I have pretty ****ty tech skills in it. I'm happy I can even wavedash. >_>

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
i'm pretty sure (at least from my perspective) people are getting better. it feels like the skill gap with people at RIT has closed a lot. particularly people that i was stomping last year (jaiye, alex, george) i'm going fairly even with. i feel like i've gotten better, so that must mean you guys have improved tremendously.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Tourny tomorrow!! :d hyyyype!!

See you there!

EDIT: MY CAPS LOCK WAS DISENGAGED. **** SWF. YEAH TOURNY.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Would you use ganon? I just got 4-stocked by brits ganon at best 4. Probably wouldnt do that again lol.

Xubble

Smash Ace
So my bud at college stated he was the best Brawl Smasher there, so I challenged him to a 5 match set. And I clearly stated like three times you had to win 3/5 to win the set.

I won the first match with my D3 easily. And since I felt really confident in myself, I played the next two matches with my not-so-strong ICs and GW. I lost those two matches.

Then as I get ready to go back to D3, he shouts out, "Well, I'm the best! I won two of three!" I pointed out that said 5 match set like three times, and all he did was laugh and walk away.

I'm INCREDIBLY salty about it. The ***** made me out to be a scrub begging for matches. And I KNOW I could beat him with D3 if he used ANY character. ****ing coward...

Xubble

Smash Ace
I think I'm the Idra of Brawl. I'm really good (at the level I play), but I rage quit when I lose to something ******** like that.

/starcraftreference

Xubble

Smash Ace
I was just trying to have fun with those characters. He left me there cause he knew I'd go back to D3 and ****. Regardless, at least I know who the best Brawl Smasher REALLY is.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
I was just trying to have fun with those characters. He left me there cause he knew I'd go back to D3 and ****. Regardless, at least I know who the best Brawl Smasher REALLY is.
call that scrub out.
1)challenge him to a 5 dollar mm.
2)like just walk up to him, call him a scrub.
3)say youll put down ten if he puts down five.
4)royally kick his *** with your best character.
5)????
6)profit

Xubble

Smash Ace
I don't think he'll take the bait. He has witnesses to him "beating me," so I don't think he'd give up his title just for a couple bucks.

Top Bottom