• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I don't get all the flak thrown MK Wii's way. You can't snake, boo-hoo. Bikes are inherently better than karts, whatever. Still plays like any modern Mario Kart game.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I like the physics of Mario Kart DS the best. Snaking was fun, but it wore out my shoulder buttons after a while.

huMps

Smash Ace
64 is a really good game but I didn't get to play it as much.
I was asking because my brother is like the best ever at double dash. I mean, like . . . da bes. And was wondering if I should bring him to any smash gathering to crush some souls in MK.
It's funny because he literally does not play any other video games.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I used to play MKDD a lot. I wasn't THE best, like snaking all over the course. But I'm considered the best amongst my friends. Same for MKDS (where I kick MAJOR ***) and MKWii (which I'm considered the best in amongst friends)

Also, I officially can NOT go to AXS 3. But there's a very good chance of me going to Apex. Teaming with Metalpat for some double Ganon doubles. And doing some MMs. I just need to find a fwend to room with. >_>

Xubble

Smash Ace
^ What I do in free for alls.

"I'd like to point out that Ike has one more stock than everybody."

*everybody ***** the Ike and puts me in the lead* :troll:

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
This is starting to seem like a Melee/Brawl thing except no one but me likes MK Wii. *****es don't know about my Dry Bowser. He's soooooooo goddamn dry

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I respect 64, and I love Double Dash, and DS is obviously good...SNES was pretty nice, too...

But...Mario Kart Wii? Uh...I don't think so.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I'm busting MK Wii out (if I can find it) at AXS when my setup doesn't need to be used anymore and I will force you all to enjoy it.
or I'll eat your flesh

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It depends, but I usually end up with Peach. Maybe Dry Bones (though I think he's overrated). Bowser is pretty OP sometimes, ESP. if you're in something like the Poltergust.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
So guys, I guess this might be it. I know I barely made it too any events and I'm sorry. I had a lot of fun playing this game competitively. I met a lot of great people (thats you guys!) and I'd like to give individual shoutouts, but, that might take me a while, and since I don't know most of you by name I'll have to keep myself from doing that. I'm going to try to drop by AXS 3 for one last hurrah. I'm gonna try to come back to smash, but not until I finish high school.

:phone:

MetalPat

Smash Ace
So guys, I guess this might be it. I know I barely made it too any events and I'm sorry. I had a lot of fun playing this game competitively. I met a lot of great people (thats you guys!) and I'd like to give individual shoutouts, but, that might take me a while, and since I don't know most of you by name I'll have to keep myself from doing that. I'm going to try to drop by AXS 3 for one last hurrah. I'm gonna try to come back to smash, but not until I finish high school.

if you show up, you should ganon ditto mm me :)
and maybe we could get a game or two of ganon team versus someone for fun!

Xubble

Smash Ace
The only reason I can go to Apex is because it's in between semesters.

Also, I'm officially going. Hype can ensue now.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
goggles, you just ran circles around me with your logic.

You state that you're quitting smash until after high school (presumably because playing smash takes too much time away from focusing on school). Goggles notes that making time for smash is actually harder after high school, and yet still manageable. He concludes, therefore, that you are working too hard at school.

Seems like pretty clear logic to me.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Yes, I understood his logic, I was saying that his logic made my excuse for quitting look terrible and stupid. Sorry for being unclear.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If it quacks like a duck...

and just in case you dont quite get the above.

theres a saying that goes, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and smells like a duck... then its a duck.

which is to say i dont really need to try hard to make something terrible and stupid if its already terrible and stupid. no offence. but Im 22 years old, ive been through all those phases already. So trust me. if you cant play smash when your just getting into (how old are you? 15?) high school theres no way your going to be able to do it after.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Well, at the college level, you have a bit more freedom generally in regards to money and doing whatever you want (i.e. Going to a tourney).

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Colleges also have longer breaks because of the semester differences. Instead of 2 weeks for winter break you get a month off.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yes. think about it this way.

high school is essentially you go to school, you get out at 2-4 (while possibly playing games at school) have an hour of homework. and since you cant do anything during the day since you have school the next day, you go from 4-5 pm, to whenever bedtime is, (9-11) playing smash.

Saturdays and Sundays, hard to get out of the house due to personally not being able to transport yourself, you possibly play smash all day those days too.

College, You have classes probably more spread out across the day so more of your day is eaten up. You have the ability to take advantage of either the car your parents got you for graduating, the car your friend's parents got for them, or the public transport system, for going to either non smash parties or smash fests, but if you have a job or work study that takes youre time too. and the projects/papers that you have to do in college are way more in depth and time consuming then the ones in high school, especially if its a group project.

So in total, you have more time to play games in high school but less chances to actually go to events. But you have far more opportunities to go to events in college, even if you have a bit less free time on your hands.

Top Bottom