• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Awesome video i loved the part with the trampoline I couldn't stop laughing at it

MetalPat

Smash Ace
update to anyone who cares
I am about 95% sure i am running a tournament in Albany on Dec. 3rd.
The venue owner just has to get ahold of some people and number crunch to see how much tables and stuff will be sooooo

keep the date open, i should have something up by this weekend.
most likely 5 singles 10 teams, and MAYBE a melee event as well. if i do melee, how many more people would come?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
they would go in the fest thread if that were the case. I'll do what i can to make sure that the thread gets updated. I'll probably put a link to the Syracuse Smash Fest Thread in the OP.

WNY: if you guys have a thread for fests, I can also put that in the OP.

also everyone sig axs 3 :D

Code:
[URL="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310276"][IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/29wuzro.gif[/IMG][/URL]
Testing it here, wanna see if Dyno's quote gets cut off. Edit: Yeah, it's pretty huge. Not even all of it shows in the sig, let alone the quote showing. S:

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Testing it here, wanna see if Dyno's quote gets cut off. Edit: Yeah, it's pretty huge. Not even all of it shows in the sig, let alone the quote showing. S:
thanks for the feedback. i'll shrink it by this weekend for sure. :]

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm thinking about holding a smashfest for people in Rochester/near Rochester the weekend before AXS 3, kind of as a precursor, at RIT. Anyone in that area interested?

huMps

Smash Ace
RIT tonight? Will I get to play as much on a Wednesday as on Fridays?

I mean is the turn out as good and are there enough set ups.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
There will be enough setups, but the turnout is less than it is on Fridays. Still, come, because I need to play more Marths. They are annoying creatures that must be learned, and tamed.

Although, we only get about 3 hours of Smash in, because we're holding it as a subgroup of another group.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
I lost my phone a couple days ago so I won't be able to give rides unless someone asks in the next ten minutes in this thread.

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
There will be enough setups, but the turnout is less than it is on Fridays. Still, come, because I need to play more Marths. They are annoying creatures that must be learned, and tamed.

Although, we only get about 3 hours of Smash in, because we're holding it as a subgroup of another group.
If someone wants to drive me, I'll work on the matchup with you :p I hate that matchup for some reason.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
You have a car...? So it's not carrying. But I take your point. I'll try to be more awesome next time. :)

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
sig fixed. code can be found on axs3 page.

thanks for letting me know!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
:(

I'm SORRY! It wasn't my fault! Blame Goggles!

And it was on Stadium, no less. I still remember the exact time. 10:26. I mean, I'm ALL for learning about how to get around campy styles, but I almost wanted to change mains after that one.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
lmfao that's why I always set the timer. Timing people out is an amazing feeling. :colorful:

ps @ anybody: I have Friday off and will want to smash the entire day. I'd be willing to play any character if you want a certain MU.
Can you play REALLY, REALLY, REALLY campy, with like, most of the top seven? (not Fox or Peach, though). And just Marth in general.

If you want to smash the entire day, and you feel like doing so from 4 or so, we can play in my dorm room until the smash day, and just go from there. I don't have any classes after three, so I'd be up for it if you were. I never get to play this game for more than 6 hours at a time.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Can you play REALLY, REALLY, REALLY campy, with like, most of the top seven? (not Fox or Peach, though). And just Marth in general.

If you want to smash the entire day, and you feel like doing so from 4 or so, we can play in my dorm room until the smash day, and just go from there. I don't have any classes after three, so I'd be up for it if you were. I never get to play this game for more than 6 hours at a time.
i think i'm good to play on friday as well.

Top Bottom