• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Melee is a very campy game. I wasnt trolling, I was educating you as to to the true nature of the game we play. You guys are just lucky that ganon is bad and can kill in 5 hits or id be timing everyone out with him. Also, I dedicate my 10 minute puff match to Dudutsai and Hungrybox. You inspire me. =D

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well, again, I don't think that to the excess you played is the true nature of Melee. I think it's a bit more offensive than that. But then we'd have to start defining offense and defense and blah blah blah.

I will say that having to try and approach a camping Jigglypuff as Peach, on any stage, is very tiring. Also, here is the grand match, if anyone feels so badly about themselves that they'd watch a ten minute match of Peach/Puff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LofbOjduvAQ

I'm going to try to learn how to not get camped. =\

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
Can you play REALLY, REALLY, REALLY campy, with like, most of the top seven? (not Fox or Peach, though). And just Marth in general.

If you want to smash the entire day, and you feel like doing so from 4 or so, we can play in my dorm room until the smash day, and just go from there. I don't have any classes after three, so I'd be up for it if you were. I never get to play this game for more than 6 hours at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LofbOjduvAQ
Sounds good.

lmfao, dat puff needs some advice.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Alright, so should I just PM you that day?

And Flaw, the videos from yesterday are up. If you want to look at them, I'll link you to them.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Long games don't happen if you play aggressively. "Getting camped" means nothing because you were camping just as hard that match lol

Can't wait to play you guys...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I guess I was, in that sense, huh. I suppose I just need more experience with approaching in those situations, then. But I tried to approach, I think.

EDIT: I guess I wasn't...

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
Alright, so should I just PM you that day?

And Flaw, the videos from yesterday are up. If you want to look at them, I'll link you to them.
I'm around my phone much more than I'm around smashboards. PM'd you mah numbah.

Long games don't happen if you play aggressively. "Getting camped" means nothing because you were camping just as hard that match lol

Can't wait to play you guys...
So they were both giving camp?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
No problem, Flaw. I'm really obsessive about that.

EDIT: Did you see the ones between us, too? I didn't link those, so I'm wondering if you did.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Tommy, we need to team sometime so we can become CalmyGreenShirt. I'm brilliant.

Also, I own like 7 green shirts so I might start calling myself that.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I've been talking to this guy from Schenectady on allisbrawl. He's interested in 5th BEST and possibly AXS 3. I told him to come out to RPI smash club. He says he will. Getting more people into the scene feels good, man.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
After seeing that you can sort people by location on Allisbrawl I guess I could go through people nearby and pester them to go to tournaments. A lot of them aren't active anymore, though.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
Hey inty and whoever else lives downtown...

anyone want to go super tryhard mode most of next week to prepare for axs?

I think I could host most of the time, but I have a car so it might be best for me to do the travelling.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking what the hell is a Meta Knight Double Dash.

I'm more of a Mario Kart Wii person myself. I'd bury you in that using automatic.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Mario Kart Wii? Well, you like what you like. No judgment (DS is the best one, anyways).

But I thought the same thing, about a MetaKnight double dash. Lol. But I'd like to think that I'm marginally sub-par at that game (maybe a little worse, cause I don't snake when I'm supposed to and courses kill me too much).

Top Bottom