• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy to have met all of you to have been part of the community. Thanks for all the fun times everybody. See you around sometime.

Take care guys!

<3

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
In your sd card go to private -> wii -> RSBE -> rp

Then you can select replays to send to him by mediafire/megaupload if you make an account there, I believe. If there's another way you can send them that works too. Or you could exchange wii FCs lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
can i just send them to him over aim if theyre just cpu files?

also for some reason my cpu wont read my sd card. I have to use this goofy thing that I cant find atm to connect it through a different port on my cpu...

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
You might be able to, but I'm not experienced with sending files over messengers. I know that mediafire and megaupload are very reliable and easy to use.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I'll miss you guys (Matt and Frannie)

Hopefully the community will live on without you.
No Matt = no scene.

Seriously though, I wanna go to Apex, Goggles, Mako, anyone??? Can I ride with you??? I will pitch in on gas.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If you got gas money we can make arrangements for ya.

at the moment the only people in the car are me and neil. We might end up getting sharky too.

But wait, doesnt he have a car?

First things first tho. REGISTER PEOPLE!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I need to find a way to Apex, too.

^ and true

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Alright, well first things first for me, I'm going to need some information. When are you guys leaving, where are your plans for housing, and how much gas money would you need approximately?

I feel this is stuff I should know prior to registering, so try to give me the scoop on this ASAP. Thanks.

Edit: Also, any practice sessions, whether it is smash fests, tournies, etc. that you guys plan on having prior to this tournament would be helpful. If I plan on doing remotely decent in singles, then I definitely need to wipe off some rust. Though, I kind of am just going for the experience.

Also, San, team with me. You totally know you want to.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
pyro lives there, but i dont know how far he lives from the venue.

Me and whoever is with me will most likly be staying at an alternate hotel thats way cheaper with most of the florida brawl players.

Sharky

Smash Master
If you got gas money we can make arrangements for ya.

at the moment the only people in the car are me and neil. We might end up getting sharky too.

But wait, doesnt he have a car?

First things first tho. REGISTER PEOPLE!
I'm open to meeting people in syracuse and carpooling with my car

edit: registered

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Some questions regarding Apex:

Are there going to be anymore tournaments around here before Apex?

And is there anyone I can carpool with to Apex, as well as house/share a hotel room with?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Question 1. the last tourney in NY before apex was Best this past weekend in albany. so no.

Question 2. we need to start taking a tally on our combined apex resources.

Who is going to be in the region that weekend?
Who has a car that is road trip ready?
Who wants to go?

So as far as I know. answer to number 2 is:

Neil if his brother doesnt flake again. (Rochester)
Sharky (Syracuse)
Frannie? (Syracuse)
Nightro (Rochester)
Altairian (albany)
Mako or MarioMan (Syracuse)

Confirm or deny?^^^

Also, anybody that wants to go to apex, post here and state your location.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Apex Attendance for NYS:

KID: Roc.
Pikax2: Roc.
San: Roc at that time.
SMM1: Roc.
James G: Where the hell do you live man? I forget...
More importantly thats the week after new years, so when people are posting their location post where you are going to be that weekend, since most school are still out around that time.

Sharky: Syracuse
Tyrant: Schenectady

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I live 45 minutes away from apex. I will be attending, but I'll be on break during that time, so i'm not coming from rochester. also, my dad probably doesn't want anyone he doesn't know staying over.

flaw

Smash Apprentice
i want to go to apex but im not sure yet... and if i did go i might be able to drive peeps

in other news, since there is no smash club this week or next week who is around to play?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I have Jeremy's splitters for recording (which he needs to get back from me before break), not Matt's. And Flaw, I think I might be available to play this week. I just don't have Matt's TV with me anymore (for the break), but I'm definitely willing.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I started requesting dates for Troy's next tournaments. It's too early to give specifics, but I may get one or two of the following: mid or late February, late March, late April or early May.

If anyone (like Pat) is planning a tournament in the region, let me know. Depending on if I can attend, I can assist organizing the event if wanted.

a nub

Smash Ace
I have Jeremy's splitters for recording (which he needs to get back from me before break), not Matt's. And Flaw, I think I might be available to play this week. I just don't have Matt's TV with me anymore (for the break), but I'm definitely willing.
Are you stuck in rochester over the break? If so find someone who's going to rom

:phone:

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I started requesting dates for Troy's next tournaments. It's too early to give specifics, but I may get one or two of the following: mid or late February, late March, late April or early May.

If anyone (like Pat) is planning a tournament in the region, let me know. Depending on if I can attend, I can assist organizing the event if wanted.
Shoot for mid feb and late april.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
I already requested several dates, and the people in charge of the venue will tell me which ones I get.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping we could get a couple of tournaments in before Apex to get sufficient practice, but it's all good, I can just make some arrangements with fellow smashers around here and have practice sessions with them or something.

Sharky, yeah, we should definitely meet up soon. During the weekdays it's not happening though, because I'm way too busy with student teaching, so let's shoot for the weekends (but even some weekends won't be a guarantee depending on the workload).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Goggles, I live in Cicero, so technically Syracuse.
noted
Are you stuck in rochester over the break? If so find someone who's going to rom

where are you from?
Nope. I'll be leaving once I'm done with finals. If I wasn't, I'd definitely go.
what about apex weekend?
Have tournaments in Rochester because I sure as ***t ain't going far for mayrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
working on it.
I was hoping we could get a couple of tournaments in before Apex to get sufficient practice, but it's all good, I can just make some arrangements with fellow smashers around here and have practice sessions with them or something.

Sharky, yeah, we should definitely meet up soon. During the weekdays it's not happening though, because I'm way too busy with student teaching, so let's shoot for the weekends (but even some weekends won't be a guarantee depending on the workload).
you work too much.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Goggles has sent me here to find housing for Apex. I would highly appreciate any help from you guys. I got everything taken care of...just need some form of housing. I'm flying into Newark and then taking the NJ transit to New Brunswick. Or at least that was the original plan lol

Top Bottom