• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
We play 6pm to 12. I can't pick you up, but I could probably give you and CJT (if he comes) a ride back, since I'll be going back home afterwards most Fridays. Also, expect it to be packed with a lot of non-competitive people the first few weeks.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
We play 6pm to 12. I can't pick you up, but I could probably give you and CJT (if he comes) a ride back, since I'll be going back home afterwards most Fridays. Also, expect it to be packed with a lot of non-competitive people the first few weeks.
its okay, ill help make it fun for them :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I hope you plan on trying to bring more people into the scene as opposed to just ignoring them or stomping them out mercilessly until they stop showing up

ps you were the olimar i played with at ktar right? ggs.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
MetalPat, you should check out the CDTA buses in the area. I think CJT has taken them here before. I think you want either the 90 or 22, but check both out.

http://www.cdta.org/schedules.php

The club's in the same building as 4th BEST, so check that for the location, but the room number is 3602 (3rd floor).

The club does start this Friday, and we do get a bunch of people. Bringing them into the competitive scene has never been easy since most people usually go for casual interests. Either way, this is the first full year we've been an official club, so now I expect a huge influx of casuals for the first few meetings before some eventually trickle away as the semester gets tough. We'll be really tight on setups because I expect having as many as 50 people, and a lot of them don't even have controllers to bring. The club has always had a significant and consistent population of those that don't want to pay to play in a tournament. We have to focus on keeping them satisfied with their own stuff that can bring slowly them to more tournaments while planning local tournaments. If you can bring an extra setup or anything, it would all help.

If you guys get stuff going on at SUNY Albany, I'd really like to go over and try to bring more people, even if I just bus all the time.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I hope you plan on trying to bring more people into the scene as opposed to just ignoring them or stomping them out mercilessly until they stop showing up

ps you were the olimar i played with at ktar right? ggs.
Yeah, I didn't mean that in any negative way. There's just a lot of people that like to just play ffa's or just Brawl+ and stuff like that. I don't stomp on what makes them interested in Smash, and I definitely try to get them more interested competitively, but singles might be something hard to find at first.

Yes, I am that Olimar. Wish we could have played more, but KTAR was a little overpopulated.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
MetalPat, you play Ganon? Brawl or Melee? I hope I'm not just assuming you play Ganon based on the little Ganon icon next to your online status.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
MetalPat, you play Ganon? Brawl or Melee? I hope I'm not just assuming you play Ganon based on the little Ganon icon next to your online status.
it depends on who i play and MU kind of. anyone who has a CG, i don't use ganon. anyone on a PR, i prolly wont use ganon. everyone else, i use ganon :p

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
powershield+up b is the only option I need.

Granted Bowser has no options versus MK, but a defensive MK is hard to approach with any character.

I think the only reason I had the lead that game is he was ****ing around with d-tilts at the ledge and I dropped down uaired him and got the first kill.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
I use Ganon and R.O.B. as well. But I'm at least 60% better with both of them than MetalPat is. Also he's a ******.

Top Bottom