• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman

^This is what you look like, right tommy?
Oh man, I didn't know people were taking pictures when I did that.

>_> He's the best character in the game are you serious?
And no haha, I was kidding.

why dont people buy flobblegardors instead of whiffleplobles? these are all questions we ask our selves everyday.
Flobblegardors don't usually last as long as whiffleplobles. Some people say that they are higher quality but it doesn't really make a big enough difference for the price.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I found out that there is a place on campus that is pretty roomy that I can book for 8 hours for pretty cheap as a student at SUNY Albany. Would anyone be interested in cohosting a tourney at some point, and would anyone be interested in attending?

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
CJT, I wouldn't mind helping out as long as I'm there. I almost always ask people here going to more tournaments, so you can count on some Troy attendance.

a nub

Smash Ace
What's good rochester, coming back Monday ,hope there's some melee going on before classes start

With that said anyone wanna go back downstate next saturday for no johns?

:phone:

Foy

Smash Champion
What's good rochester, coming back Monday ,hope there's some melee going on before classes start

Melee is still good in roc.

Iunno about brawl, i know you are all about that melee though.

MM?

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
What I need to know is a good idea of how much attendance I can expect. What has the attendance at BEST tourneys been? How much would that drop with a venue fee of $5-$10?

Prawn

Smash Master
And if I could swim, I'd swim out to you in the ocean. Swim out to where you were floatin, in the dark.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
BEST has gotten anywhere from 12 to 24 I think. People at RPI are sometimes tough to make them go to normal competitive tournaments, even BEST, so I'd guess we'd just get one car on average. Venue fee may have slightly lowered attendance at the last one, but it depends more on the people willing to travel to the tournament.

Vibe, what's that venue?

MetalPat

Smash Ace
I found out that there is a place on campus that is pretty roomy that I can book for 8 hours for pretty cheap as a student at SUNY Albany. Would anyone be interested in cohosting a tourney at some point, and would anyone be interested in attending?
dude im so game. im at suny albany as well. text me sometime and lets talk!
607-242-9449

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord

i'll be up there mon/tues. and i don't feel like going to no johns for mango.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
oh snap. i guess ill have to dust off the old controller. definitely gonna hvae to play ya, esp when im on duty and cant leave the complex (im a housing manager on freedom, holla) ill text you sometime after i finish stupid emergency hurricane duties

MetalPat

Smash Ace
oh snap. i guess ill have to dust off the old controller. definitely gonna hvae to play ya, esp when im on duty and cant leave the complex (im a housing manager on freedom, holla) ill text you sometime after i finish stupid emergency hurricane duties
dude no ****ing way. i live on freedom, i have a feeling we are goign to be best friends.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
put those vids online too so youll always know what you never want to happen again.

i think its only fair since i have the 'how good is KIDs falco' vidup for everyone to see and throw in my face at their leisure lol.

I need some recent vids of my playing well anyway.
Yes, because Goggles totally doesn't try to use one really old video from one really old match to over glorify himself, and wrongfully sway people into believing he is better than he actually is.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think that the only thing that would make me feel butthurt is if I got 3 stocked by Yoshi.

Top Bottom