• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
The only thing that truly matters is recent sets. And in discussion of recent sets. Id like to bring up goggles vs my man Daniel T.

As you can see from Example A Daniel T puts in work. Discuss.

Foy

Smash Champion
My point exactly. Do I bring up the however many times I beat neil in tourney? No, because it doesnt matter since he was the one who won last.

also, your answer to number 1 is kinda hard to follow, whos not taking sets off of who anymore? are you talking about tuna?
So basically you are telling steffon he is stupid for saying neil is better then him. But you do the exact same **** with jamesg. But yours is more arrogant and drawn out.

:dazwa:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Double post for hype and because nobody actually mods this thread:

EVERYONE PLAY BLAZBLUE

Minic

Smash Apprentice
Well i think half the reason why i use low tiers in just about every fighting game i play is cuz i want to prove (or at least try) that tiers play a smaller factor than most ppl make it out to be in determining the outcome of of a match. In street fighter tiers exist but you can win with any1 cuz the game is well balanced. I feel that melee is a game where tiers doesn't hold as much influence in winning as ppl make it out to be because the game allows u so much freedom to do whatever you want to do with your character and it so easy to see why the top 4 character are as good as they are that they dismissed the rest of the cast. There were a couple of Samus players that placed really well at rom but watching Mango **** every1 who fought his link was one the best memories i had of rom and his mario at Apex. I believe at the end of the day its the players that determine their character worth. The only game that i thought i felt tiers mattered greatly at high level play was MvC2. But melee not so much.

a nub

Smash Ace
my hardest matches were against kage and hugs instead of m2k, surprisingly

also I'm hyped to get right back to practicing. Def gonna make it out of round 1 pools next national.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Coming to Rochester tomorrow til Monday, anything happening (melee or brawl) at all?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Thanksgiving Smashfest at the Apartment!

Thanksgiving Apartment Smashfest

Time: Anytime tomorrow from 10 AM until night time.

What to bring: Your own food because nothing is open on thanksgiving, and setups including cubes, wii's and TV's if you can! Also, bring as many people as possible!

I will be cleaning up the entire apartment tonight to have room and space for as many people as possible. I understand people will be with their families, but I won't, so I'm gonna be home Smashing.

What: Melee and Brawl. I will only be playing Melee but Brawl players are more than welcome to come.

We'll be doing silly goofy stuff, but I'll also be trying to improve, as well as helping anyone who asks. I'll be giving as much advice as possible to anyone who asks, so let's do this!

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Thanksgiving Apartment Smashfest

Time: Anytime tomorrow from 10 AM until night time.

What to bring: Your own food because nothing is open on thanksgiving, and setups including cubes, wii's and TV's if you can! Also, bring as many people as possible!

I will be cleaning up the entire apartment tonight to have room and space for as many people as possible. I understand people will be with their families, but I won't, so I'm gonna be home Smashing.

What: Melee and Brawl. I will only be playing Melee but Brawl players are more than welcome to come.

We'll be doing silly goofy stuff, but I'll also be trying to improve, as well as helping anyone who asks. I'll be giving as much advice as possible to anyone who asks, so let's do this!
Terrific. Will you accept people coming in later-ish, after they're done having Thanksgiving with their respective families?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Of course man...Everyone else reading this thread, you better be here

And anyone coming, post in this thread to let me know.

The address is 3252 winton road south, henrietta ny, 14623, apartment L-12

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
KID is Black Friday!

My parents are out of town and you know what happens everytime they do that

Smashfest at my place!

We have Shippo as a visitor coming down and he wants to challenge all of our best brawl players.

I will most likely be picking him up along with gravy and san, and being back to my house by 5 at the latest, if you would like to make an appearance please come after 5 pm.

Just in case yall dont remember, my smashfests are always poppin. I have tons of space, good numbers of set ups, a clean house, and most importantly...

UNLIMITED KOOL-AID ALL DAILY BEEYOTCHES!!!! GET AT IT!!!

The only thing I want is to keep my house clean, dont steal or break anything, and I request that everyone that comes brings setups and money matches me, so I can get more serious matches of myself on youtube.

Its going to be mainly brawl with Shippo, myself, san, Gravy, and possibly Dr. Grandmaster, SMM1, and others, but other people are welcome and encouraged to come through and get roughed up a bit. I will play melee with anybody that wants me too. I would like to specifically see Burak, Rob, Nightro and Spamus over here.

I hope the fact that I wont be allowing any alcohol or any illegal drugs in my house wont dissuade anybody from coming out and having a good time.

Foy

Smash Champion
UNLIMITED KOOL-AID ALL DAILY BEEYOTCHES!!!! GET AT IT!!!

I hope the fact that I wont be allowing any alcohol or any illegal drugs in my house wont dissuade anybody from coming out and having a good time. [/COLOR]
What if i get piss drunk and high as **** and then do some coke then show up. Is that allowed?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Thursday thanksgiving black Friday smashfesg and Saturday Syracuse smash fest. This weeks busy for brawl

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Thursday is prolly gonna b melee but like i said anyone can come...otherwise its just gonna be me alone in my room playing LOL

a nub

Smash Ace
I'm arriving back at rochester on saturday at 3. Anyone down for melee sat or sunday?

Hey apartment peeps, can I get in on melee training if it's going down on the weekend?

a nub

Smash Ace
Getting a ride there is a problem though. I figured it'd be easier to play at the apartment but if that aint going down and someone wants to take me to syracuse, I'm down for that too

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
176 Citation Drive Henrietta, NY 14467.
5 pm
other setups, yes please.

I want madd money matches so everyone bring some cash.

also. somebody get in touch with leet-0 and tell him about this.

Top Bottom