• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

huMps

Smash Ace
What are you doing friday and saturday jesse? I really want to play my Marth again, maybe if you don't pass out for 3 hours you can give me some tips lol.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
You can come to cuse humps and play us I don't think we have ever played before and cuse Is fairly good at melee

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Excuse me didn't you lose to danielt at geneseo after running your mouth all week about easy money? Get *****

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Yet you didnt make any money, And you paid money to drive over there. And Its not my fault you used roy and pichu, a loss is a loss own up. So Geneseo still made you go negative money wise after all that talk of how you were gonna make "easy money"

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
Yet you didnt make any money, And you paid money to drive over there. And Its not my fault you used roy and pichu, a loss is a loss own up. So Geneseo still made you go negative money wise after all that talk of how you were gonna make "easy money"
10Mathematics

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

I had orientation for a new job that day (which actually was easy money) and I drove down to geneseo afterwards, knowing that I wasnt going to be able to enter anything but a 10 man melee tourney because I called them right before I started driving. Spamus didnt even make me pay because he knew how upset I was about it.

I basically drove to geneseo solely to hang with Nightro Spamus and Kim since I hadnt seen any of them in a good while. I played a grand total of 4 games of melee (my tourney matches) and 4 games of brawl (2 with smm1 and 2 with random passers-by). I didnt even go down there to play smash.

But its whatever, if you want to grasp at whatever straws you can to make me look bad you can go ahead, I can just be content with knowing that youve been afraid to money match me in melee for the last six months.

also, dude plays falco.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
Who gives a flying f*ck about money matches? I don't.
Quit the trash talk, all of you.
Just f*ckin' enjoy and play the game.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol, good comeback bro.

Who gives a flying f*ck about money matches? I don't.
Quit the trash talk, all of you.
Just f*ckin' enjoy and play the game.

Of course the dude that aint never gonna win a money match doesnt care about them.

Stay free brah.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
nah i agree with snowman on this. goggles vs cura trashtalk is dumb, and I know both of you are better than that.

But I never win any MMs either so......... >_>

huMps

Smash Ace
I'd love to ply with you guys cura, but it's 2 hours there and 2 hours back and time is really hard for me to come by. One of these days i'll make it happen :)

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
nah i agree with snowman on this. goggles vs cura trashtalk is dumb, and I know both of you are better than that.

In my defense he trashed i just defended syracuse. I was making normal posts about humps maybe coming down to cuse sometime, and he hops in with his normal out of place trash talk so i had to put him in his place! Cuse baby!

I'd love to ply with you guys cura, but it's 2 hours there and 2 hours back and time is really hard for me to come by. One of these days i'll make it happen :)
Yeah id be down to house you for sure whenever you can manage to come down.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Goggles you only mm people you think you can beat or people that you haven't played before never anyone that can beat you.

Foy

Smash Champion
Goggles, come money match me any time. You shouldn't rely on me doing bad in teams to try and beat me, You should man up and face me anytime. But you aren't a man, so it's a moot point.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I honestly don't see what's not smart about only placing bets when you know you can win.

Turning a profiting thing like gambling into a calculated exercise in advantageous decision-making only seems to appeal to my senses.

I mean, it's neither here nor there. The only thing that matters right now is the delicious bottle of shiraz sitting next to me.

In related news, EVERYONE SHOULD PLAY BLAZBLUE.

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
Counter!

Money match me in blazblue, Yannick.

You ain't sh*t, you talk like you're so good or something, I'm willin' to pay $5 to prove I'm better than you, 'cause I think I'm the mother f*ckin' man...man! I'll own you all day son.

Bread 'n butter combos all day, everyday.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Goggles you only mm people you think you can beat or people that you haven't played before never anyone that can beat you.
1. tusm could definitely have beaten me.
2. I going to be recording money match sets vs san and neil as soon as they get here to my house.

And now we're back to the trash talk.

Goggles, you're not in high school, grow up.
One thing youll eventually learn is that you never REALLY get out of high school.
Goggles, come money match me any time. You shouldn't rely on me doing bad in teams to try and beat me, You should man up and face me anytime. But you aren't a man, so it's a moot point.
you shouldnt feel the need to avoid money matching me (or entering a tourney) just because you do bad in doubles/in one set/what have you. be a man and money match me no matter how bad your playing that day.

see how bad that logic is?

:yoshi: I honestly don't see what's not smart about only placing bets when you know you can win.

Turning a profiting thing like gambling into a calculated exercise in advantageous decision-making only seems to appeal to my senses.

I mean, it's neither here nor there. The only thing that matters right now is the delicious bottle of shiraz sitting next to me.

In related news, EVERYONE SHOULD PLAY BLAZBLUE.
honest blazblue question. what do you think of my litchi/ragna, which is better and what do I need to work on with each?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master

Nay, preying on the weak for self gain is not only a sign of a loser, but also hinders your own growth.

But if someone wants to spend their time trying to beat people worse than them for a few dollars rather than seek out people better than them to build their skill (which is something that at least I value much more than money) then go ahead.

Which is more rewarding?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion

Telling Kyle to stop his trash talk is like stripping him of his character, from what i know him by. Even when unsolicited or uncalled for, he does it, which attributes to why I don't personally enjoy his company. I believe he means well for the most part but he isn't a choice friend of mine, especially when he trash talks me despite hospitality from both Cura and myself and that i hardly make contact with him.

In addition, when he and cura go at it, I'd prefer to be left out of all the garbage, but kyle recently mentioned me in a way I found very unnecessary, without any tones of joviality in that context.

-eeveee

Also, excuse my post under cura's name; I'm not fond of operating on smashboards on phone.

Edit: I don't know where these random asterisks are coming from

Shiri

Smash Chump
Nay, preying on the weak for self gain is not only a sign of a loser, but also hinders your own growth.
:yoshi: Regardless of whether or not this is true...

...neither of those points is what I was trying to get across.

Naminim

Smash Rookie
I'm better than all of you in every game, so I don't know what all the arguing is about.
Yea Neil tell em. Tho u guys should watch out. When MvC3 comes out goggles might end up being the best one in the region since its looking really similar to TvC. Err second best after me of course.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
To bad there will probably never be any mvc3 tournament or tvc tournaments in this region minus the 1-2 random tournament every year

Top Bottom