• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
:yoshi: Come on, people! Step it up!

Stop gorging on turkey! Get @ some duck! Those birds is MADD DELICIOUS and won't put you into a coma!
Duck is the specialty bird on father's day :seuss: How are you? I hear you've been hittin up the fermented grape drank.

He was top 4 fastest feet in the world. 'nuf said.
It only seems like he has 4 feet... :grimer:

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You mean it only seems like he's four feet tall.

I'm good, how are you? I've been in the grape drank for years, son. I still have a lot to learn 'bout it, though. :D

Come visit! D:

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
My brother would make you all look stupid in mario kart double dash. really, very, . . . stupid
If I had a chance to relearn double dash, I'd wreck him.
That game was stupid, people like ganged up on my poor golbat and gangraped it for the last five seconds.
Your first mistake was choosing golbat...

I can beat Mario 64 in about 20min.
Took you that long to wall jump it?

flaw

Smash Apprentice
CS 1.6, Quake3 (Live, cpma vq3), UT (99/2k4)... or Deus Ex. Oh and Homeworld (relic rts before Dawn of War)

I haven't played any of these in months/years but I don't think it would matter =o

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Yo I quit all games.

The only game I play now is get ***** by school game

and melee and brawl
and some other games too

Having a netbook = no dota

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Sam and I just got back from T Bell.

We had one of each XXL chalupa today. Them sh*ts is AMAZING, LOL.

altairian

Smash Lord
depends completely on what level of play your at...
Yeah no. It's about what I find more enjoyable. I can play dota and all its clones at a high level I just choose LoL because I find it the most fun. There's actually strategy other than massing stuns and seeing who can farm up the best carry :O

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Yeah no. It's about what I find more enjoyable. I can play dota and all its clones at a high level I just choose LoL because I find it the most fun. There's actually strategy other than massing stuns and seeing who can farm up the best carry :O
Alt you hook me up with some pro instructions and help and sh*t and I might play once in a while in my free time.

10bandwagons.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Vibe, you should definitely try it, it's really good. I was hesitant at first, but I finally gave in and started playing... its awesome

Also, are you going to RPI this week? I'd like to go this week and next week and get good before the tourney. Hopefully we'll have more than one vanilla brawl setup...

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Vibe, you should definitely try it, it's really good. I was hesitant at first, but I finally gave in and started playing... its awesome

Also, are you going to RPI this week? I'd like to go this week and next week and get good before the tourney. Hopefully we'll have more than one vanilla brawl setup...
I'll be there. Bring a wii. I'll bring your controller.

Edit: What champion should I use, and does difficulty stat actually mean anything?

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring my tv this week to RPI smash club. That way we can have another set-up. I'm going to hear the lag johns the whole time, but at least it's something.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I don't think difficulty stat really means anything, and I hear its a good idea to atart with a ranged character until you're familiar with the game. I started with Trist and main her now.

altairian

Smash Lord
I don't think difficulty stat really means anything, and I hear its a good idea to atart with a ranged character until you're familiar with the game. I started with Trist and main her now.
Trist is a good hero to start with since you can get her for free through the facebook thing. But yeah the difficulty stat is stupid, I'm not sure why they even have that. Also the recommended items for most heroes in game are terrible and should be completely ignored.

ugh LoL. etc.
I find it interesting that the melee players are also the ones that insist on DotA/HoN and the brawl players like LoL. Not saying that to start some kind of flame war/debate, I just really do find it interesting.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
The difficulty stat is actually pretty inaccurate, it's only really based on how hard said champs abilities are to land (skillshot vs targeted).

Recommended Items are a good place to start on working out your own builds, but they are nowhere near the most effective builds you can use.

Anyone going to be around to play LoL tonight? Working out strats for lvl 1 dragon and crazy tower-pressure games.

altairian

Smash Lord
...it recommends regrowth pendant for ashe... =\

The newer heroes the recommended items are a lot better and are a good place to start, but on the older heroes they're just wtf a lot of the time. I'll be on after 9pm tonight, dunno how many people you usually play with but maybe we can get some games together if you want. Same name as swf.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
You mean you only get certain champions to start from? [Hasn't even DLed it yet.]

I'm not even sure this computer can run it, since my other computer with the good graphics card broke, and I haven't replaced it yet.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
You start with no champions, but every week, there are 10 free champions that you can try out. As you play, you get Influence Points (IP) which you can spend on heroes and stuff. If you become a fan of League of Legends on facebook, you can get tristana for free.

Hey, if you haven't signed up, use my referral link so I can get some free xp please =D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4cf36e1f006ba219026473

Top Bottom