• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

hubble

Smash Ace
Yeah no. It's about what I find more enjoyable. I can play dota and all its clones at a high level I just choose LoL because I find it the most fun. There's actually strategy other than massing stuns and seeing who can farm up the best carry :O
you completely ignored what i said, how is LoL more team play based than dota?? have you played in any leagues/cws/clans?

and mass stuns is really weak, captains have to have way more in mind than that in order to put together a solid team

dazzle+enchantress were recently picked against and beat the one of the best teams in the world(EHOME)...

...yikes...

altairian

Smash Lord
Have you played LoL at a competitive level? If not then you can't really argue its points either ;D

It's been a couple years since I kept up with dota so maybe things are a bit different now, when I played the meta was definitely mass stun ftw :p

LoL has a lot of differences from dota, but overall I feel less able to win a game on my own or with one competent friend in LoL than I could in dota, and that is why I say it's more teamplay oriented. Obviously at higher levels the teamplay increases, but that's true of all team games at a competitive level :p

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
That's weird cause all I need to do is support my friend who plays MF or Corki and the games free even if we have 3 other ******* on the team. I play brawl and I still think HON/Dota > LoL but I can see why the brawl kids like LoL, LoL is basically the brawl version of Hon/Dota, easier mechanics and you dont have to worry at all about lane control aside from harassing the other heroes.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
That's weird cause all I need to do is support my friend who plays MF or Corki and the games free even if we have 3 other ******* on the team. I play brawl and I still think HON/Dota > LoL but I can see why the brawl kids like LoL, LoL is basically the brawl version of Hon/Dota, easier mechanics and you dont have to worry at all about lane control aside from harassing the other heroes.
This is what I wanted to say, but didn't out of fear or being persecuted for playing Melee.

altairian

Smash Lord
Personally I think denies make laning easier than it is in LoL :p Any ****** can autoattack my lane and push me in to my tower and I can't punish him for it other than having our jungler gank him. Kills are great and all but with denies I would completely dominate that lane in no time.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I've never played DotA.
My friends back home all preferred melee. Theyve all played DotA. They got me into LoL but never bothered showing me DotA.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
fkn nerds...

3 pages and counting. gonna wait it out and see how long this lasts...

I would assume tho, that everyone would prefer this to me arguing with steffon/cura/whoever so its cool.

but when we do get back to that, Ima need to find a way to recover a hilarious aim convo I had with daywalker last night.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
I've been playing LoL more than HoN just because that's what the people I play with are doing, I've gone back to HoN by myself now and again and I find it so incredibly difficult in the laning phase of HoN now because I'm so used to not having to worry about denying and creep pulling to keep up lane control in my favor. I'm not saying I miss denying/pulling but god damn is LoL just easier in the laning phase.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I don't see why you think you need to prove something lol, I know you guys are really good. :p

btw if I show up at rpi at like 10 on friday are people actually still gonna be there to play with?
Only for like an hour. Union closes at 12, but I know me and CJT leave early to catch the last buses.

Edit: maybe next week. I might be able to convince Calm to house us. Not sure what his status is on housing people, and I'm pretty sure Kwan isn't even in NY atm.

tiger10x

Smash Apprentice
We usually get kicked out of the rpi club at 1, since that's when the union closes. The club technically ends at 12, but we always seem to get away with up to an hour extra.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
about as interesting as you coming over today to smash like you said you would noob.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: People should start becoming good at BlazBlue.

If not, then that means WNY will have a Tager player as its number one and that's just no good.

Training session tomorrow night gogogogogo!

Foy

Smash Champion
:yoshi: People should start becoming good at BlazBlue.

If not, then that means WNY will have a Tager player as its number one and that's just no good.

Training session tomorrow night gogogogogo!
I wouldn't mind seeing a community for this game as long as foy doesn't play that butler piece of S*#$ . This is paco on foys act cause he never logs off it on my computer btw.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Good sh*t Burak! GRANDMASTER FLASH AND BUSTAH MAKIN A SPECIAL APPEARANCE

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Oh snap! I guess you don't!

Looks like you'll have to stop by one weekend and get it! :D

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
i just denied someone special graduation recognition.

Awkwarrrrd :x

Foy

Smash Champion
Yo are RIT kids back and smash club happening tonight?

And my butler is mad good. Im going to be only using bang for alittle bit i think.

Yannick if you read this when you wake up, whenever you get that tournament going have blaz blue side event.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Yo are RIT kids back and smash club happening tonight?

And my butler is mad good. Im going to be only using bang for alittle bit i think.

Yannick if you read this when you wake up, whenever you get that tournament going have blaz blue side event.
yes, we're here. we missed you on wednesday

Top Bottom