• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Minic

Smash Apprentice
I wish BlazBlue had a better story. LOL.

That **** is too bad.
Say what? story is amazing.

yannick, I talked to Vin and some of the other SF kids and none of them really seem interested in going back to blazblue.

also, why are you acting like you get 10 dollars everytime a new person plays the game, no need to talk about it in EVERY post, knaamean?

also, nobodys gonna keep playing if neil keeps playing tager. jussayin

Well idk i kick ur *** at street fighter all the time and ur still playing that. I could start using zangief on u but you'd still play it too. People won't quit the game if they truly like the game. Well i was hanging out with them on saturday and the reason they don't play it is cuz no1 seems interested in it. They are interested in you guys, they even asked me if you guys were still playing MvC2. But that's the thing, since u guys are known as the "apartment guys" they think u only play smash. MvC is the only thing they know u play.

If you guys showed an interest around them they'll play it. I mean they'll play anything, tekken, virtua fighter, melty blood, street fighter as long if there are ppl interested in it. 3rd strike was dead here before 1 freshman at the beginning of the year said he was into it. The kid brings his laptop to EGS every week and runs a 3rd strike setup all by himself and we all play cuz its fun. If you serious about it 1 guys all u need to revive a game. Seriously tho u guys should play sf4 more. Game is hot right now. that's why they're playing it. So is tekken 6 apparently.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
People shouldn't get so mad if they lose in a fighting game.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: RRRRRRRRRRRRRRAGEEEEEEEEEEE SANFORDDDDD! RRRRRRRRAGEEEEEEEEE

Minh spittin that hot troof! I dunno about getting back into SF4; I can only really see myself playing it casually anymore. I actually had a really long discussion with myself about the game and came to the conclusion that the reason I can't play it seriously is just because the focus for this game's engine is just completely out of my element. Even when I try to have fun or when people want me to play them seriously, I just can't do it. Some kid at EGS was like, "Oh man, you beat me two years ago, I want revenge!" and I was just like, "walk up, grab, roundhouse, stop pressing buttons because this game is not fun for some reason," and didn't mind giving him the match even though I usually do well when people have grudge matches against me. I saw Nam for like...the first time in two years last month and he's my favorite because he's the only kid that didn't treat me like sh*t when I started and I couldn't even muster up the gumption to give him a proper match even though I wanted to.

I'm terrible at SF2, but I'll play ST and HD:R all day because I like the game and how you play it. SF4 feels more than foreign--it just feels...I dunno, empty.

I don't know why Kyle is getting upset about Neil's Tager. You're the only person that does, I think. Even Paco, who will get mad at just about anything, still loves playing Neil. Speaking of which, Neil is getting a bit better and I have to play him seriously most of the time now cuz he's learning madd combos. I've actually been tracking my improvement over the past two weeks also and I love how I'm doing for the most part.

We had some sick training sessions this weekend even if not too many people came, but if anybody ever wants to play, just let me know and come over and if you don't want training, there will at least be someone who will just play to play. Game is madd fun!

NEIL AND I WERE ****** KIDS ONLINE TODAY LOL

PSFREE ALL EVENING AND MAYBE INTO THE NEXT MORN GET @ THESE ASTRAL HEETZ!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I saw the 90 drive by, and I had a feeling you missed it.

I recently figured out that the bus I take is the last bus that goes through as well. x3
I actually caught the 90. It just turns out that on the 90's last run, it doesnt go all the way back to my school. The bus driver was nice enough to take me one stop further, where I transferred to the 22. Which dropped me off in way downtown albany. Where I waited for 45 minutes before the 55 came. Which I took to the party part of downtown albany. Where I walked 6 blocks and then waited another 20 min for the 11. Which only stops on the opposite side of campus. I got in my room at 1:15. Considering I left RPI at 11, I was pretty pissed.

Also, Im pretty sure I saw you when I was on the 22, did you talk to the bus driver, who then responded "you're looking for the 85" or something to that effect? The windows were dark, so i wasnt completely sure

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Also, Im pretty sure I saw you when I was on the 22, did you talk to the bus driver, who then responded "you're looking for the 85" or something to that effect? The windows were dark, so i wasnt completely sure
Yeah. I was wondering if it was the 22 or the 24 that stops relatively close to my house, but not as close as the 85, because the 85 wasn't coming for another 20 minutes. 24's the one that ends up near my house, but it doesn't run that late or something. IDK. Just wanted to get home. Lolz.

That sucks tho.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Kyle your posts are always bad for the community I love all this hon lol and blaze blu talk. Its alot more constructive than trolling. I'm heading to sc for the holidays soon my bro has bb yannick If u wanna get some games in.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I don't think he's trolling.

I think he's just trying to make several points that nobody else happens to ever agree with for some reason.

It's fine, I enjoy chances to defend Blaz if it'll garner more interest for the game.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
They can be fun, I enjoy halo mostly. COD is cool too, but Im a fan of playing with as many of your friends as possible at once, and halo is the only one thats gotten the multiplayer system right.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I enjoy halo though I feel they have been progressively getting worse as each new 1 comes out similar to smash, maybe not really worse but slowers which I think weakens the gameplay value some. I also like counter strike

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I was waiting for the golden words.

I don't think enough people play CS still.

hubble

Smash Ace
rob is a truly brilliant poster.

and those mortal kombat videos are bomb ive been working my way through that channel

^_^

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I tried to play nice, but Goggles put out that Astral in set 1.

So I had to Astral this kid back for three sets in a row.

People should come out this Friday and Sunday for BlazBlue training so the above does not happen to you!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I mean, you might as well call me Neil if at least two of those were luck.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
loooooool

Today I just found out that the city with the biggest population in Wyoming is a similar population to Utica.

xD

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Actually, I looked it up. Utica has about 10,000 more.

Wyoming iirc is a patch of land above Colorado, a state that doesn't matter. (Inside joke from BFC)

Edit: LOL, there are more people in Washington D.C. ALONE than in Wyoming.

If I'm posting obvious stuff, I'm sorry. High school johns.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
kids in high school while im boning two *****es at once while they make out!!!! EPIC WIN

ps guys i just reunlocked all the chars and stages because my mem card got erased and play daily essentially so during winter break if there is an event i will be there please.

edit: and definitely ****

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Current anime is preeeetty bad.
-Current current.

What are you watching that convinces you, that it isn't, goggles?

altairian

Smash Lord
Current anime is preeeetty bad.
-Current current.

What are you watching that convinces you, it's not, goggles?
Ohhh man you want some good current anime?

Code Geass
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
FMA: Brotherhood
Hayate no Gotoku!
Seitokai no Ichizon
True Tears
Spice and Wolf
Toradora!
Ga-rei -Zero-

All of those within the past 2 years (except Code Geass that's like 4 years I think) and all pretty much amazing imo. This current season I'm watching The World God Only Knows and Fortune Arterial. Neither are super amazing but I'm finding both quite interesting.

Oh and it's a year older but School Days, holy **** watch that show. It starts out boring, but there's a reason for that and the end of the show is ****ing amazing. It's best when you don't know what's coming. I had no idea I just had heard it's a good show and powered through the super boringness and it was pretty awesome.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Anime quality is such a subjective topic that I honestly don't think this is worth discussion.

Seriously, one man's trash is an entire generation's treasure when it comes to anime.

hubble

Smash Ace
:yoshi: Anime quality is such a subjective topic that I honestly don't think this is worth discussion.

Seriously, one man's trash is an entire generation's treasure when it comes to anime.
we shouldn't discuss politics, literature, religion, movies, or opinions at all either, huh yannick?

:reverse:
bam inside out smilie

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Ohhh man you want some good current anime?

Code GeassWHAT A TWEEST
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - ???
FMA: Brotherhood - Enjoyable enough, rather lackluster ending though
Hayate no Gotoku! - Is more than 2 years old, or at least, the better seasons were. Yeah, it's alright though.
Seitokai no Ichizon - ???
True Tears - ???
Spice and Wolf - Heard good things
Toradora! -Heard raeg
Ga-rei -Zero- -Heard raeg
Well, you've got pretty wildly different taste than me anywho, so it's to be expected that you might find things to watch when I don't. After all, you got turned off by fantastical raving murders just because you were thrown off by a former visual novel's time loop setting. </Salt shakin>

So yeah, it's not so much that I disagree as much as that I'm not finding many satisfying anime in the past year and a half. Ha ha, forgot zombies. Yeah, that was worthwhile watching, even with lukewarm execution.

So whatever. I'll stop salt shaking until next season when I'm still going without any new series to waste time over.

Shiri gets second'd

altairian

Smash Lord
Well, you've got pretty wildly different taste than me anywho, so it's to be expected that you might find things to watch when I don't. After all, you got turned off by fantastical raving murders just because you were thrown off by a former visual novel's time loop setting. </Salt shakin>

So yeah, it's not so much that I disagree as much as that I'm not finding many satisfying anime in the past year and a half. Ha ha, forgot zombies. Yeah, that was worthwhile watching, even with lukewarm execution.

So whatever. I'll stop salt shaking until next season when I'm still going without any new series to waste time over.

Shiri gets second'd
It's rare that I don't like a show. There was just no reasoning at all given for the time looping, so it got old pretty fast. WTF is the point of "fantastical raving murders" if the people just come right back to life in the next episode with no explanation? :p

Along that vein you SHOULD look in to Ga-rei -Zero- though. I thought it was really interesting. The middle is a bit slow which might be why people got turned off by it I guess.

A lot of recent anime does seem to be more along the lines of comedy/romance/slice of life type stuff so if that's not your thing then I guess I can see why not much has interested you.

Oh yeah for your question marks, the first 2 are comedy (seitokai no ichizon makes tons of random otaku references so it's even better for someone who's seen a lot of anime :p ) and the other is drama-ish.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Alternate storylines? Split timeline? Truth be told, I was entertained by them as stand alone stories when I watched the first season to not be concerned with more. I'd known there was a second season, but thought it was a whole bunch of different stories in another setting, so I wasn't concerned with a resolution. It works better than you may think, and has the advantage of not giving you a clear goal point of where the series will go when you start. </pitch>

THAT SAID,
What I'm more surprised about is that people don't cry for the american 'toons of today. Not only were my childhood's toons better-looking than the crap I'll see if someone breezes by a channel or has the TV left on somewhere on campus, but... it saddens me to think that old stuff doesn't go on anymore. Are kids today not going to see classic roadrunner toons? Bugs bunny? That's sad, bro.
Though, that's probably all so obvious it just needn't be said.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Yeah man, I turned on the radio and was getting some real good classic stuff the other day, and when you heard this guy hold this high note, I immediately thought of bugs bunny taking his hand out of the glove while it floated in the air.

Oh man, so good.

Top Bottom