• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I am liking these PRs. DeathScythe goes hard as ****. Lack of master gundam hurts a bit, but i'll live with it. Good stuff to San Snakee Cura and KID!
It hurts to know that I didn't get a shout-out.

;_;

Also. I support any ideas for tournaments. srsly.
We need more tournaments >:

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
UB has a Smash club that meets on Wednesday nights. You guys should venture down (or west really) and do it up. The venue is pretty nice, I would definitely consider hosting a big tournament there if I could.

I'd also be able to provide housing on the floor of my single dorm room. Having no roommate has its benefits when dealing with visitors.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
keep that space for you and just focus on trying to expand the buffalo smash scene. But I will tell you to have Azeal give you the low down, since some of his friends arent really of the highest moral quality.

Rochester has the smash apartment, and Smash Club on Wednesdays and Friday.

Syracuse has Curas apt for weekend smash fests.

Aside from maybe myself and maybe cura, trying to be more involved with the scene as a whole, theres not going to be all that much interaction between the 3 cities on any kind of regular basis, besides tournaments.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
You have to learn one thing.

"Like no one in Buffalo" Quite frankly, I get less interaction with people from Buffalo than I do with the rest of te region. ._.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Let's save the time and energy and ban all stages except FD.

:)

Edit: **** wrong thread oh well...goggles will see this eventually....

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
TBH I'm hoping for a more open minded stage list.
Can't wait to take Metaknights to Green greens, and cause' srs upsets.

Also, Pfft, I'd be interested in hosting something in Albany, if anyone would drive down here :x
If it got big enough, maybe people from NYC would come up :3

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Yo, Goggles, I'll have to talk to you more later on 'bout the 11th for the tourney idea or whatever, cuz I believe my entire family is going on vacation for that entire first week of Sept, including the first and second weekends, from like the 6th to the 15th. If that's the case, then I won't make it, cuz we'll have no one to check in on our six dogs and two cats. x.x I dunno, I'mma talk with my folks more 'bout it and figure out somethin'. I will do everything I can to NOT miss another tourney in the region.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
Rules said:
Here's my new proposition:

King Dedede Rule:
He must run before grabbing again, unless the opponent is blocked by a wall, or a moving platform/stage moves him, and he is able to grab him again without running that way.

Stage Striking:
Before a match, if one or both players want to stage strike, each person may strike one of the three Neutral stages, leaving the remaining stage to be chosen for the first match.
In case of ladder: If both players decide to stage strike, the higher ranked player strikes first, then the lower.
In case of tournament: If both players decide to Counter Pick, the player with the highest rep strikes first, then the lower repped player.
if rep is tied, it then goes by post count. [What are the chances that they'll both be tied?]

Stage Banning:
Upon winning a match, you may ban up to two stages which opponent cannot counterpick for the next round.

Stage Counterpicking:
Upon losing a match, you may choose a Neutral or Counterpick stage of your choice, that they have not banned, and that you have not won on before, and then your opponent declares what character they are choosing, then you choose yours.

Ledge Grab Limit
Upon time-out, if a player has more than 40 ledge grabs, he/she loses the match. If both players are over, it is declared a Tie.

In Case of a Tie
In case of a tie, you play on the same stage as the tied game, with the same characters, with 1 stock, 3 minutes on the clock.

Suicides.
Suicides that end with both players on last stock, are counted as ties.

Stages (17)

Neutral: (3)
* Battlefield
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counterpick: (14)
* Brinstar (Melee)
* Castle Siege
* Delfino Plaza
* Final Destination
* Frigate Orpheon
* Green Greens
* Halberd
* Jungle Japes (Melee)
* Lylat Cruise
* Norfair
* Pictochat
* Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
* Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
* Distant Planet
A really quick write-up of a new ruleset that may be applying to a place I go to do wifi-tournies at.
It's really shortened up, so sorry if some of the rules are left out/don't make sense.

Putting here to ask for opinions.
It's a really strange ruleset, stage-wise, I know.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
what about going to a wifi hotspot? all players are in the same physical location but playing via wifi with only minimal lag!

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
i dont even like dk either... im dropping him
But isn't your MK astronomically worse against good players? You can't use me for reference because I play balls awful MK matchups as my best chars. =X

-BTW, I did drop ICs more legit at the end of the schoolyear. I'm on the other four now.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
i dont even like dk either... im dropping him
I feel like DK is limited in his options since he lacks projectiles. Being a big target also doesn't help him out too much.

Main Captain Falcon! He's fun, and probably better than the Tier List says he is.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
what about going to a wifi hotspot? all players are in the same physical location but playing via wifi with only minimal lag!
Didn't think about the resourcefulness aspect... I was more focused on that: vvvvvv

Vibe is a deformed twin chained up in the attic, so getting downstairs for a tourney on WiFi would be something.
:laugh:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If Ikon is still here. Ill money match him.

also, lol at JamesG being the TML of brawl, with that FD only nonsence.

also, vibe is lookin mad salty in that nobody knows him enough to namedrop him anywhere. lol.

Top Bottom