• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
But 5 of them will have silly internet names.

Only one will go by Dan - I will take the name as my own with my amazing skills.

For real.

x13mako

Smash Ace
But 5 of them will have silly internet names.

Only one will go by Dan - I will take the name as my own with my amazing skills.

For real.
No, there are gonna be more Dan's I know two people who use only Dan for tourney entry names and other people who use other names but still get called Dan at tourneys.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I along with Silver am running the RIT smash club. We have a facebook group where I can message anyone with stuff. I also post regularly on the boards. RIT has (just the players that attend RIT): me (Pyro), Silver, Scud Missile, Jason, Spam, Minic, the general, RTF, PikaPika and Moss kinda. Plus there are 2 other players that i know are going to RIT his year who play melee. Plus some of the brawl kids like KID play melee sometimes. Also we have Foy, Vicious, and Jesiah, and hubble who live elsewhere who are fairly regular to smash club. I hope I didn't forget anyone. And now you. Melee scene is looking to be pretty good this year. We have monthly to biweekly tournies with syracuse. These sometimes attract the canadians if theyre large enough (Kirbykaze, raynex, unknown, etc). There will probably be other kids too because Melee kids are getting to the college age.

can't wait to play you.
Main?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Id put up 20$ for lain v chibo (in lains favor) .

However, i wouldnt put up 20$ for lain vs pikapika. Just cause i know how gay he is and annoying it is. And hes well known for pulling **** out his *** last minute.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol@ neils post, thats some tasty fear right there....

mmm yup.
tasty tasty fear.

Id put up 20$ for lain v chibo (in lains favor) .

However, i wouldnt put up 20$ for lain vs pikapika. Just cause i know how gay he is and annoying it is. And hes well known for pulling **** out his *** last minute.
KINGTOON
lawl. I love how people didnt believe me in 2008 when I was telling people that neil was the luckiest smasher to ever touch a gamecube controller, and are just coming around now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0edd17CLoU&feature=related

Anyone else thinking Project M is looking pretty good?

aside from making ganon playable again, game looks kinda lame (read: kinda EXACTLY like melee...)

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I just really like how Hyrule 64 is a stage.

I play the N64 game to play there & Saffron City. So good.

I hope in the next Smash they get some of the 64 stages back, they were fun.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I would be fine with Project M if they still tried to actually fix moves no one liked or were obviously messed up from Melee instead of making it exactly the same (unless they are and I'm just ignant)

hubble

Smash Ace
looks like a ghetto weird version of melee.

kind of convinced stuff like dj instant wavelands with lots of momentum wouldnt work right. but this is jsut based on like 2 videos ive seen.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I would be fine with Project M if they still tried to actually fix moves no one liked or were obviously messed up from Melee instead of making it exactly the same (unless they are and I'm just ignant)
and by broken moves, you mean peaches dsmash and roy's fsmash?

also, i've played project M for anyone that cares. I didn't enjoy it that much (possibly from a lack of Roy). There were a few highlights from it. I enjoyed playing ike a lot. Link was not the crap he is in vBrawl. unhighlight was diddy being absolute trash, when they killed his traction, they killed his glide toss; also losing the ability to pick up items from his dash attack is stupid.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I was also talking about bad moves that needed a buff or configuration of effect, too. Maybe "broken" moves need a tweak instead of absolute nerf, something that still gives it unique properties.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Lol yeah its not toe-maaaahhh-toe. Although pronounce it how you like. You probably won't have to announce it too much since the only matches I'll be in are first rounders. Yay inexperience!

This post was brought to you by smashboards mobile. Blackberries are nice.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0edd17CLoU&feature=related

Anyone else thinking Project M is looking pretty good?
No :| ...there's already a melee. I'd be more interested in an "everyone is equally broken" brawl minus sort revamp/mod.

i want to be technical again, but i feel too old. i need more practice.

tech is so much easier the younger you are though =(
So practice, you bum! My tech skill vaporizes over the course of a few days, but it's definitely possible to keep up with the youngins. Mind over matter?

and by broken moves, you mean peaches dsmash and roy's fsmash?
Everything is punishable. Peach's dsmash is restable, swordable, etc. Spacing/disjoint ftw. Just watch kaoudgje try to Fox-bair me out of it (or maybe laser cuz he's a huge wuss lol!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPAJYiq__s0#t=2m
~2:07, marth fsmash. There's about a 10 frame startup lag that I try to hit sometimes (because I'm still not good at shieldstun yet).

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Everything is punishable. Peach's dsmash is restable, swordable, etc. Spacing/disjoint ftw. Just watch kaoudgje try to Fox-bair me out of it (or maybe laser cuz he's a huge wuss lol!)
I have no problem with how dsmash hits, but the fact that it shuts off CC so hard is a bit abnoxious. I really don't like taking 80% if you guess right and i approach with a dtilt.

Things I think should be changed: chain throws that go past 40% (so shiek's dthrow should be PAL version), peach's dsmash should be 1/2 the percent it does currently. Those are obvious nerfs to me, but maybe I'm biased.

Also obvious low tier buffs (of course bias). Roy's usmash should do 100% and have more fire.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
CJT rises from the ashes! =0 Seriously nice to hear from you, how is college going?

And yeah we held ss3 as a memorial to bry. It was back in may.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
No posts in six hours? This thread hasn't been this slow, ever.
Anyways, I'mma getting to practicing, but I'm gonna bring this up again. We got a syracuse event in october, and I've heard talk for RIT at the beginning of the schoolyear - when's that planned for, what week? Just wonderin.

EDIT:
FML MY WII WON'T GET POWER. IS THE AC ADAPTER OR THE ACTUAL CONSOLE DEAD, WHAT THE ****

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Hi CJT, long time no see.

Bry passing was the biggest hit any region could take, but SS3 was fun and because of him we're a powerful region. He did a lot for us. It was the least we could do. :)

P.S.: I love you guys. Especially XXX. He's a hero.

Foy

Smash Champion
Hey. Just to let you guys know that we should do a ritpunkasssmashkids vs smashapartment. No post from us cause we moved and we don't have internet

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Problem being that we play different games. And that you're more legit; campus kids aren't super serial.

NOT TO PUT US DOWN, CUZ ME AND ERIC STILL SHUT DOWN DR.G AND GOGGLES IN DOUBLES THAT ONE MATCH. AND I DUNNO, BUT THAT SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY DOUBLES REPLAY OF GOGGLES ON MY WII RIGHT NOW, SO WE MUST BE GOOD, RIGHT? Also, we pals, bro. Though, smashapartment jesiah melee school... hrm.

Also, my wii LIVES. **** YEAH. Thanks to pyro for telling me wiis randomly lock up after surges and need to be unplugged at BOTH ends to reset. (lol wut)

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Speak fo yourself d00d
Not all of us have nados that will be over there, they will be over there.

-Oh snap

I just meant on whole. Apartment has nobody as casual as the most of us. It's not a matter of the tops, it's a matter of the lots.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Not another PR design where you have to look around for people.

There's too many of those already. D:

Edit: Actually, it just goes from top to bottom. Not as bad, actually.

Top Bottom