• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unreasonable Fears

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Everyone has some sort of fear in their life.

Afraid of heights? Yeah lots of people are, it's understandable why.
Afraid of deep water? Again, there's a good reason for that.

But there are some fears that, for the most part, make absolutely no sense at all.

So go ahead and post any sort of odd fear that you may have. Go ahead, get it off your chest.
If you know someone that has an unreasonable fear, then go ahead and post it just for fun lol

I'll start by saying that I'm kind of afraid of Mascots. They just reeeeaaallly creep me out :urg:
I guess, if you want to get technical, they don;t really scare me, but they definitely make me feel uneasy and kind of nervous xD
Ah I hate them!

Must be some sort of traumatizing childhood experience thing.......
Who knows....

EDIT:

OMG!!

D:

UberMario

Smash Master
Turning on lights or carrying a flashlight at night when outside. >_>

Makes me feel like a moving target.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I have a fear of opening the lid off the tea jar and there is no teabags inside.

But seriously I have no unreasonable fears.I used to be afraid to death of needles,but had to get over that very quickly after a week in hospital.(many many injections that week)

ru5514n

Smash Ace
I'm kind of scared of dogs. Not the tiny chihuahua types, but the larger more aggressive types.

One of the houses on my way to school has one of those huge dogs (I don't know the breed), and whenever I walk by, it jumps up and starts barking really loud, it scares the **** out of me.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm glossophobic. (Fear of speaking in public)

It's not that I'm a bad speaker either, it'st just as the title says: completely irrational. I just hate doing it.

I'm also a bit claustrophobic, but only when it is extremely contained spaces. For example elevators are completely fine.

-Terywj

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i'm kinda the opposite of a claustrophobic

i'm really uncomfortable being in a really open space, unless i have a lot of things around me or something

so when I'm studying or something, i need all my books and stuff sprawled across the table, else i studying in a cubicle.

But as for fears....i really really don't like stepping on dirty sloshy brown snow. Every time i walk over it, i'm like running on my toes and i'm repeating"ew ew ew ew ew" in my head.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Palmetto bugs (basically, huge cockroaches that can fly)

I'm also scared that the railroad crossing thing will be broken and the railing won't go down, and a train will come and hit me as I'm driving over the rails.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
I don't like being downstairs in my house alone... Even if everyone else is upstairs.
It gets way worse at night. If I have to go down, I run everywhere and make a trail of lights...

Other than that, I don't have fears of the normal things. Bugs are fun. I love heights. I really really wanna go scuba diving (I like being underwater).

So kinda strange but meh...

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
Yeah, my irrational fear is loud, sudden noises such as a balloon popping or a gunshot. I can stand thunder and all that, but certain loud noises cause me to have a panic attack. I'm fine with everything else. Spiders, snakes, none of that bothers me. Meh, I'm just weird I guess.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm afraid of looking at my face in the mirror for too long.

I always have a feeling it's gonna turn all evil and stuff. :D

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It is said that if you look into a mirror while in a dream that it will then turn your dream into a nightmare.
I've done it several times and it's only happened once.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
It is said that if you look into a mirror while in a dream that it will then turn your dream into a nightmare.
It's also a fairly consistent and proven way of achieving lucidity in dreams too.

Oh and some of my friends unreasonable fears are...

Elastic bands,any kind of dry sponge,cotton wool,tin foil(aluminium foil)feet,bin juice.

Yeah I have some weird friends.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I used to be afraid of looking at myself in the mirror once it was night time. You could only make out a faint silhouette that was staring back.

Got over it after we moved houses and my room had a full length mirror as the closet door. Face my fears XD

Tacel

Smash Lord
Spiders.
Last week I was cleaning my room because my friends were coming over to play Smash. I have Christmas lights hanging around the top of my walls in my room all year round, and I turned them on to see that there were cobwebs around them. I got the vacuum cleaner to suck up the spiderwebs (I learn things from video games such as Luigi's Mansion). While I was sucking them up, I was actually sweating and my face felt red. I was afraid a spider would fall on me. The same thing happened when I was cleaning my windows.
So yeah. I think I have Arachnophobia.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
wow a Chuck Norris joke is it 2005

When I was a little kid, me and my friends would always go in a dark room with a mirror, and crack the door so just a teeny bit of light would come in, then look at our reflections. The shadows/lack of light make some scary looking **** happen to your reflection.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm claustrophobic, but not "OMG GET ME OUT OF THIS ELEVATOR!!!" Im more of a "GET THE **** OFF OF ME!!!"

I hate it when someone is on me for an excessive period of time, I get paranoid and start going insane... I also hate it when I get hugged for too long else I get insane...

I used to have a morbid fear of dogs when I was little. Even the tiny Chihuahua ones... mostly because when I was little, my grandparent's dog started to attack me out of jealousy... and it was of the tiny variety too...

Ive gotten over it though...

Tacel

Smash Lord
I'm also afraid of elevators.
One time we went to some museum and we parked in a parking garage. We decided to take the elevator. I said, "Oh this reminds me of that one Fringe episode when the guy is in the parking garage elevator and it fails and crashes and everyone dies but him." The next thing we know there's a KAKUNK! and a rusty scratching noise. I am like HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP I JiNXED IT! It goes down a little pretty fast but my mother presses the button for the floor below us and it stops. I've decded to never go on an elevator ever again.
I'll just take the stairs.

EDIT: Oops. Both of mine make sense. Sorry...

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
When I have sleep paralysis, I freak out.

Considering there's nothing I can do about it...

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I'm not so sure if it's a fear, but I hate the sound that you make when rubbing a balloon, which leads me to fear people touching balloons, especially if they are near me. The sound just irritates me. Even now, while I'm typing this, I can faintly hear it. I'm about to cringe...

Thany

Smash Journeyman
The majority of the human race...

I've suffered plenty at their cold, heartless hands.

...So much that I conclude I'm not human, and feel insulted
when called one.(As I assumed my not being human is the reason for their cruelty.
...It's not like they'd ever give any sort of otherwise justification...)

Seriously. I can't go anywhere without a knife I have strapped to my leg
without feeling like they're all going to gang up on me and...Well, do anything
so long as it hurts me.

I'd much rather travel with my replica Ragnell, or be armed to the teeth
(I also have long nails. Partly the furry thing, but mostly a means of self defense)

Not to mention, multiple betrayals do jade you after so many times...

PS. I'm sorry if I've offended any humans.

PPS. Yep. I live the life of a shut-in. Afraid of the hoomanz that live in my house too ;_;

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I'm not so sure if it's a fear, but I hate the sound that you make when rubbing a balloon, which leads me to fear people touching balloons, especially if they are near me. The sound just irritates me. Even now, while I'm typing this, I can faintly hear it. I'm about to cringe...
I. HATE. BALLOONS.

Me and balloons have had a bad history together. All the ones I've ever had end up popping in my face.

Scared me really bad..:urg:

Top Bottom