• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Never seen it, though I know it was made by Craig McKracken and Slylvia reminds me of a certain someone...
There's a picture out there where Wander and Sylvia dressed as Mario and Yoshi for Halloween.

It's official too, not fanart. Too bad I can't find it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm playing in Training Mode right now to get the hand of consistently shorthopping.

For some reason I'm able to do it consistently with Charizard but I'm extremely inconsistent with Squirtle. That's really weird when jumpsquats are universal in Ultimate, theoretically being able to do it with one character should mean you can do it with another. Maybe it's because Charizard is floaty while Squirtle falls more quickly, so I have to do Squirt's far more rapid fire? That's probably it.

Ugh it's so frustrating when I mess it up though. I'm not sure I actually have the patience for this. If I'm having this much trouble with the inputs for basic Smash Brothers movement, there's no way I'd ever be able to play a traditional fighter competitively.

D

Deleted member

As a Pokemaniac, lemme tell you, constant releases is both a blessing and a curse. Oh boy the same game again but with the word "Ultra" in front of it, how exciting! Or how about Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, which were clearly rushed out to pad things out while we wait for Pokemon 2019? Yeah there's always something to play but there's also a lot of disappointment. Now the entire fanbase is acting super cynical because those lost two pairs of games have left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

It's actually kind of nice when a series only has one or two major releases a console generation. When as Smash or 3D Zelda game releases, it's a huge, special deal. I wouldn't mind DKC being the same way. One or two every console generation, but with a ton of effort and polish put into them.
Single releases for franchises per generation are indeed a good thing. But back during the rumor mill of 2016, I was very much worried that Smash on Switch would just be a port and that'd be all we're getting. Luckily it somewhat tries to be its own game despite using a ton of Wii U assets to the point it doesn't even want to hide it. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is definitely the Switch's Mario Kart despite the original version being on Wii U, and I doubt there'd be a Mario Kart 9 on the same system. They'd have to set up a program for MK8D adopters to buy MK9 at a lower price or free because I assume many people would be upset that they bought the former not knowing the new-new game exists.

D

Deleted member

tiny kong is dixie's younger sister btw

so why tf is dixie still lookin like that, is there something goin on with dixie's dad? do we need to bring maury?
Dixie probably suffers from something related to growth. I don't know what happened to Tiny that made her less... tiny.

Oh right yeah, PSN, I forgot about that.

Also, P4G is pretty good sans for the fact that you have to own a VITA for it, which is probably the biggest waste of money I've ever done.
I remember wanting to get a Vita early on for the same reason as my PSP (homebrew), but that didn't happen. At the same time there was also the Wii U I was interested in from the awful year called 2012 which I oftentimes refuse to acknowledge to 2014, and between the two I ended up going with the latter. It comes down to taste, but I'm glad I went with the Wii U out of the two worst-selling systems of the generation. I think the Vita would have been more catastrophic for me.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Direct soon-ish. Probably. Maybe. Hopefully.

On another point, when's the Smash mobile app coming out? Not that I'm particularly interested in it but might that be part of why the next patch is going all the way to 2.0.0?

D

Deleted member

On another point, when's the Smash mobile app coming out? Not that I'm particularly interested in it but might that be part of why the next patch is going all the way to 2.0.0?
We need a direct before we collapse into a singularity, engulfing everbody in the world into the depths of this thread

Also the spambots are back agh

osby

Smash Obsessed

Nah, next patch is going to add all the previous modes, make the online best of Nintendo and balance the game perfectly.

According to patch speculation, that is.

D

Deleted member

What caused OoT Ganondorf’s nose to become squared by TP?
F955EAE3-039C-4983-83A2-D8152759DEA2.jpeg
38BC89AA-BA9C-4883-AA1D-B9422767EB0F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I’m legitimately expecting Roshi to be one of them due to his resurgence since Resurrection F. Just the kind of fighter Arcsys would be interested in making a moveset for me thinks.

Because Broli movie.
Yeah that's a good shout. Certainly possible now that Videl's in, granted she needed the Great Saiyaman to help her out. Chiaotzu with Tien is also possible...I mean we have 18 with 17, and Videl with Gohan despite both being playable but I don't think he'd sell as DLC.

(Poor Raditz will probably never make it in)

But jeez could you imagine if Smash showcased a season 2 like they did? Two new fighters coming out soon and then two other fighters with no release dates to capitalize on the hype al while leaving two more a secret for now? This place would self-destruct.

D

Deleted member

god wolf side-b offstage is so satisfying to land, too bad it never ****ing hits and i just die

(also when it does hit pls dont make me go helpless its so fun to do)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Onr more day till KH3 my dudes
I had thought it released on Friday. I was so disappointed when I got home, saw no game, and learned that the 25th was just the Japan release date. Gotta get through a full day of work today and tomorrow before I can finally enjoy it for a little bit. It's getting harder and harder to resist temptation and look some stuff up, but I will hold out! I will go in with only earlier trailers as knowledge!!

Oh, and Piranha Plant probably releases this week, too. My gamestop had no Amiibo in stock, but they had pre-orders available and since he was one, I decided to get him. I feel like I may enjoy playing him (until the true main, Joker, arrives). I have to think of a name for his amiibo, though. Audrey & Audrey II are way too cliche lol.

Is Pirahna Plant considered a 'heavy' character by the data mined already? I forgot whether he's heavy or medium. I play in some Amiibo tournaments, but I didn't want to use heavy characters since, good or bad, their destructive force just wins past a better amiibo most times. The tournaments I go to tend to ban the heavier characters lol.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
8134AECB-8295-4BF9-BAE4-7A8D6A140204.png

What is up with all these spammy style posts lately?

Better question: Where do they come from?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom