• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'd prefer Geno honestly. Sans is cool but, no thank you. I don't get it.
I want it to be Geno SO BADLY but at this point...I think his time has passed. at least for Ultimate but even then thinking about how SE is guaranteed to leave Smash 6 I kind of just don't feel hopeful for the wooden boy any longer. Things could change but idk man.

D

Deleted member

Sans is totally gonna be in this game, but he's not Brave.

His codename would be Skeleton or something.
I don't think he's Brave either but I was throwing the Idea out there since the sliding thing makes sense if you wanted to incorporate the Dodging Sans does and the height also fits but the Stats are so inconclusive it could be anyone

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
So, is anyone aware of the Heavy for Smash campaign that's been popping up on the internet recently? It all started with this tweet;

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ever since this was tweeted, there's been lots of interesting stuff going around such as character concepts...

...and this really well-made render of Heavy if he were a fighter in Ultimate.

Judging by what I've seen online, the general consesus is that the majority of the fans would be 100% okay with this, even posting #HeavyforSmash and related tags. It's a pipe dream of pipe dreams, sure, but it's still really cool to see fans drum up something like this. What's your guys' five cents?

D

Deleted member

Poor Shovel Knight. He inherited Scrooge's pogo skills, but Mega Man's spikes allergy. :p

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, is anyone aware of the Heavy for Smash campaign that's been popping up on the internet recently? It all started with this tweet;

Ever since this was tweeted, there's been lots of interesting stuff going around such as character concepts...

Judging by what I've seen online, the general consesus is that the majority of the fans would be 100% okay with this, even posting #HeavyforSmash and related tags. It's a pipe dream of pipe dreams, sure, but it's still really cool to see fans drum up something like this. What's your guys' five cents?
I'd prefer Scout for Smash honestly. Heavy takes front and center on the boxart, but I feel like a lot of emphasis gets placed on Scout in trailers and shorts and such.

Also, Jerma is a gift to mankind.

D

Deleted member

Would never happen, but I'd be down for some Hoovy.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So has anyone played the Anthem demo yet?

It's like Destiny but with Mass Effect Andromeda's combat. And a weird walking simulator in between. And lots of loading screens.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'd prefer Scout for Smash honestly. Heavy takes front and center on the boxart, but I feel like a lot of emphasis gets placed on Scout in trailers and shorts and such.

I'd be fine with any of the classes, really. Scout has his agility, Pyro has all kinds of fire, Medic has heals and birbs, Sniper has... well, not sure if bringing up the jars by name is any good, because we all know what they are.

Yeah, all nine mercs have great potential. Not a chance in the world, sure, but...

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

TF2 was basically my entire life during high school so I'd be 100% down for this.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Yeah, but Heavy is kinda the face of TF2, appearing in both Poker Night and the Steam version of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (along with Pyro and Spy) while the other characters aren't used as often for non-TF2 things.

D

Deleted member

I'd be completely fine with Heavy or a TF2 Rep as it's just something so tied to the Internet era that if a TF2 rep got in I would not be angry in the slightest. I have no idea what music they would bring but I'd be down.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I have no idea what music they would bring but I'd be down.
If we ever got a TF2 rep then this song would be a must have for Smash.

(Edited to text format to save mobile users from having their phones blow up).

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Has Valve ever made a game on Nintendo platforms?
The closest thing I can think of is that Bridge Constructor Portal crossover which was on the Switch (which wasn't even made by Valve). Aside from that, nothing.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Persona 3 FES is on PSN and So is Vanilla Persona 4 (If you can get Golden on the Vita, I very much reccomend that over the vanilla version)
Oh right yeah, PSN, I forgot about that.

Also, P4G is pretty good sans for the fact that you have to own a VITA for it, which is probably the biggest waste of money I've ever done.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Oh right yeah, PSN, I forgot about that.

Also, P4G is pretty good sans for the fact that you have to own a VITA for it, which is probably the biggest waste of money I've ever done.
The Vita has treated me well, though I'm a sucker for niche JP games. Granted, now pretty much every game on it that I have is heading to other platforms. Lulz.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
My search for used PS3's continues. It's annoying, but I will not stop until I play some Persona games.
Honestly, if you want to play Persona games, find a used Vita.
You can get Persona 2: Eternal Punishment as a PSone Classic, Persona Portable, Persona 2 Innocent Sin (different from Eternal Punishment), and Persona 3 Portable as digital PSP games off of the PS Store and Persona 4 Golden as a Vita game. These are mostly considered the best versions as well. There's also Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

For PS3 you have Persona 2: Eternal Punishment as a PSone Classic, Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 as PS2 Classics, the two Persona 4 Arena fighters, and Persona 5.

But yeah, if you want the most Persona for your buck, get a used Vita (lots of good gems on Vita too, honestly).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Has Valve ever made a game on Nintendo platforms?
When was the last time Valve made anything?

Legitimate question. I do not know the answer. I don't know of anything post-2013 when DOTA 2 released.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
When was the last time Valve made anything?

Legitimate question. I do not know the answer. I don't know of anything post-2013 when DOTA 2 released.
Artifact released November last year.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I really wish they could port Persona 4 Golden to the Switch but I don't think it's likely in the near future unfortunately.

Artifact released November last year.
From what I've heard that game has been a disaster and they've already lost most of their playerbase.

Why has Valve been so lackluster in recent years?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I really wish they could port Persona 4 Golden to the Switch but I don't think it's likely in the near future unfortunately.

From what I've heard that game has been a disaster and they've already lost most of their playerbase.

Why has Valve been so lackluster in recent years?
That doesn't actually change the fact they just released a game.

They most likely don't do much game development anymore because Steam is their focus.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
That doesn't actually change the fact they just released a game.
I know, I just wanted to bring the topic up since I can't remember the last time Valve did something that was worth getting excited for.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

I'm more enamoured by the petition asking for Shaggy in MK11 as DLC reaching 35k+ signatures in half a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom