• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Thanks for the villain tips guys. Can I have some protagonist tips while at it?
If the protag is part of a party or group of some kind, please don't have the protag completely solo the main antagonist/antagonistic force in the end. It makes you wonder why the other people are even here to begin with if they don't really contribute much. If you're gonna have weaker characters, like "The One Normie" trope, then give them SOMETHING to do. Like in the Avengers movies even the small weaker guys like Black Widow, Hawkeye, Mantis, or even Okoye contribute, just in smaller ways like overall weakening the enemy force to support the team. Justice League had this issue and it suffered for it.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey, how much do you know about leopard seals, huh?
I know that the leopard seal (Hydrurga leptonyx), also referred to as the sea leopard, is the second largest species of seal in the Antarctic (after the southern elephant seal). Its only natural predators are the killer whale and possibly the elephant seal.[3] It feeds on a wide range of prey including cephalopods, other pinnipeds, krill, birds and fish. It is the only species in the genus Hydrurga. Its closest relatives are the Ross seal, the crabeater seal and the Weddell seal, which together are known as the tribe of lobodontini seals.[4][5] The name hydrurga means "water worker" and leptonyx is the Greek for "small clawed".

And all of that is right off the top of my head.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I know that the leopard seal (Hydrurga leptonyx), also referred to as the sea leopard, is the second largest species of seal in the Antarctic (after the southern elephant seal). Its only natural predators are the killer whale and possibly the elephant seal.[3] It feeds on a wide range of prey including cephalopods, other pinnipeds, krill, birds and fish. It is the only species in the genus Hydrurga. Its closest relatives are the Ross seal, the crabeater seal and the Weddell seal, which together are known as the tribe of lobodontini seals.[4][5] The name hydrurga means "water worker" and leptonyx is the Greek for "small clawed".

At least you remembered to cite your sources off the top of your head too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's a rumor. The rest of the rumor goes:
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch
  • Pikmin 3 and Box Boy rereleases for Switch
  • New 2D Zelda for 3DS (which is kinda funny when written that way)
  • Mario Maker 2 for Switch
  • New Pokemon for Switch
I'm only typing this up so people don't keep asking on every page. I don't actually believe the rumor.
Keep in mind though, the second part is merely that these games exist.

The rumor doesn't state that all of these will be in the Direct.

Just wanted to do a PSA. :p

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Man. You must be a walking encyclopedia huh?

D

Deleted member

You guys really think we'll get anything Smash related like Joker gameplay and next DLC reveal if this direct is happening this week?
I'm guessing at least a vague release window for Joker, maybe some gameplay if we're lucky, and a 0.00000001% chance of a new reveal

Iridium

Smash Hero
Thanks for the villain tips guys. Can I have some protagonist tips while at it?
A pretty obvious tip: character growth. Characters, and especially protagonists, just seem less one-dimensional and boring with it. I would also say them having some sort of weakness that balances out with their strengths is okay as well, if struggles are something you want to be showing. Maybe even having relatable personalities to us would be very much appreciated.

Cool designs and weapons are my personal necessity, but that's just an option.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Tbh, I should’ve realized that the mural being the only thing getting leaked in the Grinch hoax is kinda suspicious especially since anyone can draw and make convincing art (ala the Bomberman pic) but not everyone can make renders and gameplay.

I mean by now, if it was real, leakers everywhere would be popping out gameplay vids that Nintendo would quickly remove, leaked Ken-tier screenshots that people would try to debunk, and besides the mural, there could’ve been leaked 3D renders of the Grinch characters and such.

Regardless, I still believed it but I should’ve more skeptical no matter how bad I wanted to prove the insiders wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw protagonist/antagonist talk but I don't know if anyone cares to hear my ramblings of a story that may never get written

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Keep in mind though, the second part is merely that these games exist.

The rumor doesn't state that all of these will be in the Direct.

Just wanted to do a PSA. :p
Oh. I actually didn't know that.

I got my info through secondary sources because I'm not stepping foot into ResetEra.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh. I actually didn't know that.

I got my info through secondary sources because I'm not stepping foot into ResetEra.
It's all good. Just wanting to give more context, is all.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I saw protagonist/antagonist talk but I don't know if anyone cares to hear my ramblings of a story that may never get written
Tell! Tell! Tell! Tell!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Tbh, I should’ve realized that the mural being the only thing getting leaked in the Grinch hoax is kinda suspicious especially since anyone can draw and make convincing art (ala the Bomberman pic) but not everyone can make renders and gameplay.
The picture being blurry and zoomed out didn't help either. That's the oldest trick in the hoax-crafting book.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom