• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Which trope do you guys like better for final battles, One Winged Angel or Become Your Weapon?

One Winged Angel - Character undergoes physical transformation in order to become more powerful, usually taking monstrous forms.
Examples: Safer-Sephiroth, Giga Bowser, Dracula Phase 2, Marx's Soul.

Become Your Weapon - Character uses a weapon, machine, armor, etc. In order to power up. May or may not fuse with said weapon.
Examples: Wily Capsule, Egg Dragoon, World of Chaos, Fusion Omega.

D

Deleted member

Not to bring up Erdrick but I’m bringing up Erdrick...

What if the Brave found in the datamine a while back wasn’t referring to a Erdrick per day but as in the Warrior class. So we would have Erdrick as a base with subsequent warrior protags as are?

Something I was considering and fully support if it were the case.
Whoops I dropped this
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
While Brave being Banjo would be the greatest case scenario (for me anyway), there’s no way Banjo would be around Mario’s height.

Dude is a freaking bear for crying loud, he can’t be that small.
If anything, I imagine him being much more taller.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Whoops I dropped this
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Remember, the size of a character outside of smash doesn't necessarily relate to its size in smash (too big was refuted), a slide after running is a very common trait that I'm not really sure relates to Banjo-Kazooie, and Roy, Mewtwo, and Lucario are in the top 5 for air mobility, who aren't really associated with air mobility outside of Smash.

D

Deleted member

I would had liked it more if it wasn't for the
damn Twist Villain trope being used again.

Seems no animated movie that isn't Disney or Pixar is safe from it...-_-
To be fair, I thought it was a lot more nonsensical than any of the other twist villains of recent memory.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
....Do you ever feel like Summons in Kingdom Hearts are the equivalent of Assist Trophies in Smash?

Seemingly, a video game character/movie you wanted in the game wasn’t considered worthy of being playable/having a full world so they only get relegated to mere helpers.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Which trope do you guys like better for final battles, One Winged Angel or Become Your Weapon?

One Winged Angel - Character undergoes physical transformation in order to become more powerful, usually taking monstrous forms.

Become Your Weapon - Character uses a weapon, machine, armor, etc. In order to power up. May or may not fuse with said weapon.
I like final battles that make full use of all the skills you’ve learned.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I like final battles that make full use of all the skills you’ve learned.
Indeed. It's kind of neat to really have that kind of challenge.

Only Zelda game I can remember that comes kind of close is Link's Awakening. Not all items, but a lot of them get used.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Guns are too lighthearted, we need, like, someone who stabs other characters with a syringe and they get put to sleep like a pet being put down. They’d die really slowly and unavoidably and the game would play up it being as emotional as possible, meanwhile the character who did it is completely unfeeling and walks off to do it to their next opponent.
I know just the Mann.

D

Deleted member

This is reminding me of all the coincidences, people used as evidence in favor of the Grinch leak

To me, Brave is still Erdrick, until proven otherwise
tbf this is based off of actual in-game data and would actually make sense for Banjo given that that's roughly his size and how he moves in his own games. It's definitely not Banjo regardless, but if we didn't have the nickname "Brave" to go off of it wouldn't be that out there of a guess to say it is Banjo based purely off in-game stats.
....Do you ever feel like Summons in Kingdom Hearts are the equivalent of Assist Trophies in Smash?

Seemingly, a video game character/movie you wanted in the game wasn’t considered worthy of being playable/having a full world so they only get relegated to mere helpers.
Honestly they're all B/C-list Disney properties or had worlds in past games, so it never bothered me too much.
The only exception is Wreck-It Ralph, but doing the world right would be a copyright and licensing nightmare so I'll let it slide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It would be cool if Mario games had a section in the final level for each power up, then took away all items, leaving small Mario, to face the final boss by employing good timing, wall jumps, triple jumps, crouches, and spin-jumps.
I feel like 3D Land’s final boss got pretty close to that idea. I could definitely see a boss like that expanded upon more.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

It's not about worthiness.

It's about what you can do or want to do.

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
A moment of silence for all the 2D Disney films that still never got a world.

-Treasure Planet
-Jungle Book
-Princess and the Frog
-Atlantis
-Emperor’s New Groove

Shroob

Sup?
Remember to hype responsibly.

Zel has a very good track record, but like all leakers, he could be wrong.

Also, tomorrow isn't even guaranteed for the Direct, for all we know, the Direct could be announced on the 13th.

Attendre et espérer

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A moment of silence for all the 2D Disney films that still never got a world.

-Treasure Planet
-Jungle Book
-Princess and the Frog
-Atlantis
-Emperor’s New Groove
And the awesome Disney Animation stuff like Darkwing Duck has no mentions. ;_;

Shroob

Sup?
Is Wednesday confirmed or is it a rumor, even so, is there a lot of back up on it?
Zel over on ResetEra was the first to mention that "13 was your lucky number" in regards to, what people assume to be Direct speculation. Zel apparently has a good track record with leaks in general.

At this point, all we have is his hint, nothing more.

D

Deleted member

One Winged Angel, because it's more fun IMO

But it has to be forshadowed, otherwise it's very very dumb. If it's not forshadowed that the main bad guy has a one-winged form, then go the Become Your Weapon route, but make sure the weapon has a cool-ass design. Like some giant intimidating mecha or something.
Like look at this it's so good:
AionThumb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom