• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can't wait to recolor Pac-Man's armbands.
Yeah, exactly. And think of all the other characters that could get sick color swaps.

Like making Ganon have the Orange/Green color scheme from Skull Kid.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Smash 64 release date: "January 21, 1999"

So it really is tomorow, not today. Not holding out for something big, but it'd be a dang good time for some cool announcements :)
It is technically today...

It's currently the 21st in Japan

D

Deleted member

Pyrosphere: Ridley/8-Player Smash
Pyrosphere was already compatible with 8-player Smash though
I mean, it's not about a serries being overrepresented, it's about the newest instalment in a series being not represented in stages at all, while an older one has 2 stages.
We had 4 new stages, two of which were for unrepresented series. Giving stages to already represented series was clearly not their priority seeing as no newcomer from an existing series got one and cutting Lumiose certainly wouldn't change that.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So, Shantae Ultimate Edition, any body mind giving me a quick explanation of it, without spoilers?
-You’re a half genie who uses her ponytail to attack and transform into creatures to platform around.
-Its the fourth in the series and while it’s not as directly connected to the previous games, there’s a few moments that’ll make more sense if you have knowledge of those games.
-Traditionally it’s a Metroidvania series but HGH is more structured like a Ducktales/Mega Man platformer so it’s a bit more episodic.
-Prepare for a lot of backtracking here and there.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oooooh a WoL expansion after most if not all character DLC is finished would be the bee’s knees
maybe after both Galeem and Dharkon are defeated the third force awakens...perhaps the being of the void, or the Aether or its just straight up Tabuu’s Revenge

And then there’ll be more bosses in the new realm, and all DLC characters will be awakened from the Third Being’s control if they don’t just randomly pop in pocket dimensions at the start that assign each DLC character to one of the first two sides at random (ie: Piranha Plant under Galeem’s control, Joker under Dharkon’s etc)

I definitely don’t think DLC characters should be starters in Adventure Mode. It’d be too OP.
I'd actually love if they added some areas to WoL. They could just put in another dungeon area, and that way they don't even need to modify the map that much. Plus, there are loads of spirits who aren't in WoL, and that doesn't include the ones that could potentially come in DLC.

Also, there could be room in the overworld to put these areas if you were creative. The one I know off-hand is that there's a chest above Rayman and below the Temple of Light that has a long path to it, but nothing's on that path. It even passes a canyon that looks like it could be another path somewhere, but its not. Get a few places like that, make them into mini-dungeons like the DK area, and boom: the DLC character's in WoL.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I got some entrance ideas for characters we either want or are in Smash, what about yours?

Arthur Morgan's entrance animation has him walking toward the stage while he seems to be waving goodbye at someone, then he starts his idle animation. A nod towards how he walks about whenever a mission either starts, or finishes in RDR2.
Richter's wagon dashes into the stage, jumps out of it, and flings his cape out before retaining his idle animation. A reference to how the opening of Rondo of Blood, where he goes into a town via horse carriage so he could save his girlfriend.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nah, but seriously, having a CVS2 style to character custimazation would be nice. I wish more games did it, and it takes up less resources than Tekken's/MK11's/Soul Calibur style of whole ass outfits.

An "Incineroar's not popular and also he stinks" discussion? What is this, a throw back episode?
Some people just can't let it go.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Let's just drop the Incineroar talk. Nothing ever comes good from it, and it doesn't matter anymore. Incineroar's a permanent part of Smash History now.

Sorry to all the Incineroar supporters/fans I've annoyed with my inability to move on. Especially Noipoi Noipoi

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Some Genie whips a pirate using her hair, of all things...

And that's it.
-You’re a half genie who uses her ponytail to attack and transform into creatures to platform around.
-Its the fourth in the series and while it’s not as directly connected to the previous games, there’s a few moments that’ll make more sense if you have knowledge of those games.
-Traditionally it’s a Metroidvania series but HGH is more structured like a Ducktales/Mega Man platformer so it’s a bit more episodic.
-Prepare for a lot of backtracking here and there.
Thanks for the info!

Also I drew this in like, 10 seconds.
0C5692C4-9A18-4A27-954A-B2B99D63AAEE.png

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Let's just drop the Incineroar talk. Nothing ever comes good from it, and it doesn't matter anymore. Incineroar's a permanent part of Smash History now.

Sorry to all the Incineroar supporters/fans I've annoyed with my inability to move on. Especially Noipoi Noipoi
Yeah, I'm just hoping that if spirits really do disconfirm, that paves the way for Lycanroc. If that happens, we shall settle it in Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'd actually love if they added some areas to WoL. They could just put in another dungeon area, and that way they don't even need to modify the map that much. Plus, there are loads of spirits who aren't in WoL, and that doesn't include the ones that could potentially come in DLC.

Also, there could be room in the overworld to put these areas if you were creative. The one I know off-hand is that there's a chest above Rayman and below the Temple of Light that has a long path to it, but nothing's on that path. It even passes a canyon that looks like it could be another path somewhere, but its not. Get a few places like that, make them into mini-dungeons like the DK area, and boom: the DLC character's in WoL.
I wonder, if a character who has a Spirit does become DLC (since I believe Spirits are safe to make into DLC, just rename the Spirit)...would their character battle replace their Spirit battle, or would their Spirit on the map just get renamed and the fighter version is popped somewhere randomly?

Food for thought...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean when it comes to Pokémon...Lycanroc lost out because it wasn’t what Sakurai was looking for. Being the “mascot” of Gen 7 was irrelevant lol.

Despite the “meh” visual designs of the starters in Gen VII, I feel as a fan that starters are always a solid choice for Smash when looking for something recognizable, but also unique.

But eh. Nothing to do about it now. Incineroar is in, is a heel, and is ready to **** **** up. He’s a lot of fun, so i’m glad that he was chosen.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I got some entrance ideas for characters we either want or are in Smash, what about yours?

Arthur Morgan's entrance animation has him walking toward the stage while he seems to be waving goodbye at someone, then he starts his idle animation. A nod towards how he walks about whenever a mission either starts, or finishes in RDR2.
Richter's wagon dashes into the stage, jumps out of it, and flings his cape out before retaining his idle animation. A reference to how the opening of Rondo of Blood, where he goes into a town via horse carriage so he could save his girlfriend.
For Mega Man X, I would just do the intro from MMX4 onwards. Even the GBC games used it.

READY MMX.gif

The explosion at the end of the teleport is pretty good.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

For Elma, she leaps off some off-screen high place and rolls on the ground upon landing, like characters do when making a dashing leap off a high place and landing in Xenoblade X (since there’s no fall damage in that game...there’s a story reason behind it but it’s a spoiler)

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I wonder, if a character who has a Spirit does become DLC (since I believe Spirits are safe to make into DLC, just rename the Spirit)...would their character battle replace their Spirit battle, or would their Spirit on the map just get renamed and the fighter version is popped somewhere randomly?

Food for thought...
I'd wondered that - but it doesn't seem as insurmountable.

I don't think that they can just cut the Spirit - now that each spirit has a battle and effects, you can't toss it. But what could be done is replacing it, so you still keep the Spirit, it just has a different name/picture. They don't have any descriptions, so that'd work. My big example is Tails - the battle is against a Fox (yellow jacket) with a Jetpack on Windy Hill with a Knuckles assist. The Spirit you get is a three-star support that boost uSpecial. If Tails made it to playable, they could just swap out the .png for the art for something else (like Tails' biplane, the Tornado), and the battle would still make sense. (More actually, since the fact that the Tails battle didn't involve Fox with a Super Leaf is BS)

Of course, this may be overthinking it, and they'll just leave it like with all of the Chrom stuff...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

-Ryu Hayabusa dashes in from the opposite side on the screen in front of the stage similar to the act splash screen from the NES game and jumps onto the stage.
-Rayman’s individual parts come together like in the first game and he lands on the ground and pulls his “ta-da” pose from Origins
-Shantae flys in and dropped off by her friend Sky and her giant bird Wrench (from Half-Genie
Hero)
-Banjo-Kazooie is warped in on a stage entrance plate from the first game
-Fawful walks in disguised as a Beanish servant or merchant depending on either his SS or BIS design
-Dixie breaks out a DX Barrel
-Mona rides in on her bike and punches in on a time clock
-Cynthia throws out a Ultra Ball of her Pokémon

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Tails could just fly in with his tails and drop to the ground, like his animation for catching up to Sonic in Sonic 2.

Dovahkiin would jump down from a dragon flying by, something similar to Fox's animation

D

Deleted member

• Crono spins out of a portal before drawing his katana.
  • Wonder-Red does the Super Hero Landing™ and readies himself.
  • The Protector walks in looking around while holding a map, she then puts it away as she equips her sword and shield.
  • And for Saber, this one:
tumblr_nftc51NWNc1tbeq5co1_500 (1).gif

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

• Rhythm Girl drops down, with the balloons from Nightwalk
  • Steve just appears out of nowhere, and just drops onto the ground
  • Amingo pops out of a plant, and then fixes his sombrero

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'd wondered that - but it doesn't seem as insurmountable.

I don't think that they can just cut the Spirit - now that each spirit has a battle and effects, you can't toss it. But what could be done is replacing it, so you still keep the Spirit, it just has a different name/picture. They don't have any descriptions, so that'd work. My big example is Tails - the battle is against a Fox (yellow jacket) with a Jetpack on Windy Hill with a Knuckles assist. The Spirit you get is a three-star support that boost uSpecial. If Tails made it to playable, they could just swap out the .png for the art for something else (like Tails' biplane, the Tornado), and the battle would still make sense. (More actually, since the fact that the Tails battle didn't involve Fox with a Super Leaf is BS)

Of course, this may be overthinking it, and they'll just leave it like with all of the Chrom stuff...
Or they could rename the spirit name as "(Character name) (Game the spirit's artwork is from)" like for example if say Impa becomes playable, her spirit on the map would be renamed to "Impa (Ocarina of Time)" since the Spirit uses her OoT artwork.

And if their Spirit is only on the spirit board or otherwise not in Adventure mode, just pop in a character battle like Black Shadow or Elma since their Spirits aren't in Adventure Mode and you're good to go

NineS

Smash Lord

2B drops down from her Flight unit as it flies by.

sans is just standing there. napping. salt-inducingly.

Noipoi

Howdy!

-Sans stands there, sleeping. He then shakes himself awake.
Or
-Sans takes a "shortcut" and winks to the audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom