• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I just finished World of Light to 100% completion yesterday and I have to admit it was fun. The way that spirit battles were implemented was really clever. It was a cool idea to have battles that simulated encounters with several video game characters. The only thing that disappointed me about WoL was how few cutscenes there were. Other than that, it was great.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
what
did
you
just

say
I SAID THAT INCINEROAR IS PROMOTED IN LITERALLY EVERY PIXEL OF THE POKEMON SM ANIME, AND THEY IGNORE LITERALLY EVERY OTHER POKEMON FROM IT. PLEASE DO NOT KILL ME...or bomb this thread with cat memes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As much as I've come to like Incineroar...

We shoulda got Buzzwole.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I am the Genie of the Smash Ball! You may make 3 smash related wishes, and I shall grant them!
For my first wish, make Dante part of the fighter pass
For my second wish, make Shanoa part of the fighter pass
For my final wish, give me a body that won't make me feel like I'm not woman enough whenever overly high beauty standards appear. This applies to the other meaning of Smash of course as that's gonna be a lot easier after that

D

Deleted member

People will wish for more paid DLC instead of free DLC and, tbh, it tells a lot about this community.
The fact that we have T W O Pokemon X and Y stages and Z E R O Pokemon Sun and Moon stages is just such a missed opportunity. Lumiose City should've been CUT and we should've gotten Alola League!
Oh my god no, we are NOT starting "X series is overrepresented" but with stages. I am NOT dealing with this ****.

D

Deleted member

3) Fix the ****ing goddamn online so it's at the same standard of virtually every other fighting game on the market since 2009.
Whoa there buddy, they're a genie, not a god: You can't go asking for these Herculean feats.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
People will wish for more paid DLC instead of free DLC and, tbh, it tells a lot about this community.

Oh my god no, we are NOT starting "X series is overrepresented" but with stages. I am NOT dealing with this ****.
Lumiose is a great stage too, how dare you.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Of course Greninja's a Gen 6 Mascot. It was Ash's ace in the anime. That's also why Lycanroc's the Gen 7 Mascot.
Lycanroc is Ash's ace only until the long ass arc about Torracat's Incineroar Mentor ends and Ash gets his big wrestler boi

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wooly World is the one that really confuses me. All the other cut stages have something that might explain their removal. Not Wooly World.
If I had to guess:

Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Sector Z: Corneria
Mushroom Kingdom (Melee): Mushroom Kingdom
Mute City: Mute City SNES/Remastering
Poke Floats: Vertical/Remastering
Icicle Mountain: Vertical/Remastering
Mushroomy Kingdom (1-2): 8-Player Smash
Rumble Falls: Vertical
Pictochat: Pictochat 2
Rainbow Road: Remastering
Pac Land: 3DS Ghost Hazards gimmick
Jungle Hijinxs: Stage Morph/8-Player Smash
Pyrosphere: Ridley/8-Player Smash
Wooly World: Soft Ground Detail/8-Player Smash
Orbital Gate Assault: 8-Player Smash
Miiverse: RIP

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice

I mean, it's not about a serries being overrepresented, it's about the newest instalment in a series being not represented in stages at all, while an older one has 2 stages.

R O F L

Smash Ace

I am the Genie of the Smash Ball! You may make 3 smash related wishes, and I shall grant them!
For my first wish, I'd like Doctor Mario to get buffed to SSSSSSSSS tier and never get nerfed.
For my second wish, I'd like Doctor Mario to get 100 alts.
And for my third wish, I'd like Doctor Mario to replace Mario.

Noipoi

Howdy!
For my first wish, I'd like Doctor Mario to get buffed to SSSSSSSSS tier and never get nerfed.
For my second wish, I'd like Doctor Mario to get 100 alts.
And for my third wish, I'd like Doctor Mario to replace Mario.
Hmmm....

Something tells me you like Luigi...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The fact that we have T W O Pokemon X and Y stages and Z E R O Pokemon Sun and Moon stages is just such a missed opportunity. Lumiose City should've been CUT and we should've gotten Alola League!
Gen 6 is my all time favorite Pokemon generation...

I'm not letting anyone cut any representation of it.

If anything, Lumiose City should stay.

It's the more Iconic location from X & Y, and is easily, the highlight of the game

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

1. Add Mega Man X as a playable character.
2. Add Ryu Hayabusa as a playable character.
3. If possible add a color edit mode where you can make custom color swaps.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I summoned the Genie and didn't even make a wish, how dumb an I? Welp.

1 - Invert the characters's viability, making top tiers into low tiers and vice-versa.
2 - Make the final boss of WoL Sans Undertale.
3 - Make the 4 other DLC characters be new types of Miis.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace

1.) Add Skull Kid and Geno as characters (I’m counting this as one wish even tho it prob shouldn’t, eh whatever :p)
2.) Bring back the individual target smash from Melee, meaning every single character would have a different stage that would highlight their unique abilities to the max
3.) Add Dr Eggman, Rayquaza, Mother Brain, Andross, and Tabuu as additional bosses as part of a World of Light expansion titled “Center of the Void”

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
If there's one character from Pokémon that I would like to see, it would be Nihilego, since:
-Is an Ultra Best
-Unique design in the Smash series
-Important towards the context of Sun & Moon
-The very first UB you see in the game (Besides the trailers)
-Very unique dual-types (At least in Smash)
-Interesting voice, and only other alien character besides Dark Samus
-Can make for a pretty interesting A moveset

Edit:
- Also potentially unique body type

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord

You fool, do you have any idea what you've done? I am at expert at abusing wishes to get what I most want out of them!

Now, first... I wish that the large majority of those who are working on, have worked on, or will work on Smash Bros. Ultimate and those affiliated with those involved in some form... were large Nier: Gestalt & Replicant, Drakengard, & NieR: Automata fans!

Second, I want for Reggie to make me a Sandwich.

Third, Tofu in Smash.

If there's one character from Pokémon that I would like to see, it would be Nihilego, since:
-Is an Ultra Best
-Unique design in the Smash series
-Important towards the context of Sun & Moon
-The very first UB you see in the game
-Very unique dual-types (At least in Smash)
-Interesting voice, and only other alien character besides Dark Samus
-Can make for a pretty interesting A moveset
Ridley is also an alien. Sure, he's a dragon, but it counts.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Incineroar is actually very popular in Japan
According to this, Japanese people prefer its unevolved self and Primarina, as well as the Pokemon I actually consider Alola's mascots:

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Smash 64 release date: "January 21, 1999"

So it really is tomorow, not today. Not holding out for something big, but it'd be a dang good time for some cool announcements :)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
An "Incineroar's not popular and also he stinks" discussion? What is this, a throw back episode?
Fans of a fire type who's also a heel should be able to handle the heat.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
According to this, Japanese people prefer its unevolved self and Primarina, as well as the Pokemon I actually consider Alola's mascots:
If we're using that Japanese Popularity Poll, Mimikyu and Lycanroc scored higher. You are right on the Masuda thing though.

I don't get why many people assume the chosen Pokemon for Smash has to be the fan favorite...

Sakurai just wanted a wrestling character in Smash, that's why he was chosen

Is there a problem with that?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
1.) Add Skull Kid and Geno as characters (I’m counting this as one wish even tho it prob shouldn’t, eh whatever :p)
2.) Bring back the individual target smash from Melee, meaning every single character would have a different stage that would highlight their unique abilities to the max
3.) Add Dr Eggman, Rayquaza, Mother Brain, Andross, and Tabuu as additional bosses as part of a World of Light expansion titled “Center of the Void”
Oooooh a WoL expansion after most if not all character DLC is finished would be the bee’s knees
maybe after both Galeem and Dharkon are defeated the third force awakens...perhaps the being of the void, or the Aether or its just straight up Tabuu’s Revenge

And then there’ll be more bosses in the new realm, and all DLC characters will be awakened from the Third Being’s control if they don’t just randomly pop in pocket dimensions at the start that assign each DLC character to one of the first two sides at random (ie: Piranha Plant under Galeem’s control, Joker under Dharkon’s etc)

I definitely don’t think DLC characters should be starters in Adventure Mode. It’d be too OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom