• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
I just noticed a lot of Series will have major anniversaries this year. Donkey Kong Country's 25th, Mother's 30th, Smash's 20th. I think this year's Nintendo E3 will be great. Also, what is it with anniversaries that end in 0 or 5 and being considered special?

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
9a6c08d77c5de6f813ada432057b9a2e.jpg

Can't post the actual screenshot, but what context does Wolf's Classic Mode end-screen have?

Like??

(Note: In the game, they have neutral faces and are looking off into their respective distances instead of glancing at each other)

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Urh..Ok, well you've balanced yourself out.
I mean, they way I see it is that I’m too lazy to redeem my code, so I’ll just give em money. Not just because I’m too lazy, I also took the money into accounting. :p
They're having a gay ol' time.

Speaking of classic mode end screens, Chrom's is absolutely hilarious.
Your absolutely right.
And Wii Fit Trainer’s is...uh...

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
They're having a gay ol' time.

Speaking of classic mode end screens, Chrom's is absolutely hilarious.
I mean, like, are these screens just fanservice?

Not that I'm complaining. Space boyfriends is always welcomed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just noticed a lot of Series will have major anniversaries this year. Donkey Kong Country's 25th, Mother's 30th, Smash's 20th. I think this year's Nintendo E3 will be great. Also, what is it with anniversaries that end in 0 or 5 and being considered special?
Hmmm

Tabuu, Dixie Kong and Porky confirmed 4 DLC. :smirk:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
me after winning like 10 matches on the way to elite smash but i only got like 2 GSP

I don't know, but what I do know is one of those Roys are a child.
They're both kids you dingdong.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Isn't one of Roy's incarnations a teen?

Roy Koopa, we can only assume is older than whatever age Larry and BJ are, but younger than Ludwig, who literally looks like a child with his measly single tooth.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Speaking of entrances, what about Series Icons?

Red Dead: A rising sunset, covered by trees, and clouds (Basically based on the boxart of Red Dead Redemption 2, as well as appearing in the loading screens in the original Red Dead Revolver).

Dead Rising: The standing Zombie that's from the letter D in all of the logos of the series.

Persona: Philemon butterfly, used to represent the entire Persona series.
Well, MMX would have the same icon as Mega Man. So I'm good there.

Ryu Hayabusa could have the Symbols/Kanji from the NES games.

Tekken could also have the Symbols/Kanji, or the Mishima Zaibatsu logo. Though if Jin's chosen, his tattoo would be an even better choice.
Jin Tattoo.jpg
Zaibatsu.jpg

D

Deleted member

I got Luigi's Mansion on the brain today, so I'm gonna ramble a bit about the 3DS port.

WARNING: Huge wall of text written by a nerd that likes Green Mario too much incoming:

As much as I enjoyed Luigi's Mansion on 3DS, I've found myself wishing today that it was ported to Switch instead. There are times where I honestly can't say how I feel about LM3DS. I...liked it a lot, in some cases even better than GC due to the fact I had one of my all-time favorite games portable now, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the better controls of GC, along with some other things exclusive to the GC version.

However, I don't hate this port. I definitely understand why some people hate this port, but I also feel like some of the hate is a bit extreme? Like, I won't disagree on some of the critique: The co-op was BAD. Reaaaalllllyyyy bad. I'm honestly surprised Nintendo let that get through QA, it looks barely playable and them allowing something of such low quality to be released is very unlike them. Framerate issues for singleplayer are something I don't understand (assuming you're not talking about base 3DS; if you are, then that is a very valid complaint), because on New 3DS, there was only two spots in the game I can remember seeing frames drop, and they were thankfully only cutscenes.

The controls are...not bad. They're not as good as the original, but they are serviceable, and feel pretty good once you get used to them. I completely avoided using the N3DS' C-Stick, though, as that thing sucked for LM3D with how unresponsive it felt. I've heard modding it by glueing some fabric or putting painter's tape on it makes it better, but by itself, it was terrible. I played through the game using the "hold-B" method of aiming, and while it took a lot of readjusting, it eventually felt nearly as smooth as GC once you realize that the best way to aim Luigi is to flick the circle pad a direction and tap B to have him aim in a specific spot rather than trying to hold B and then rotate him into the position you want.

Graphics actually look better than GC to me. The only thing missed here are the neat particle effects of the GC version, but for a 3DS game? LM3D's textures actually look better, have more detail, and all in all are a lot easier on the eyes than LMGC's muddied blobs. The lighting is also a lot nicer, which I guess is an unpopular opinion? IDK, people get really touchy about lighting in ports and remakes in my experience, as MM3D got a lot of flak for its lighting changes too. Luigi's character model looks SOOOO much better, holy cow. He walks, runs, and all in all just looks nicer than GC Luigi, which is super cool IMO. King Boo also looks really nice, as I like his DM model quite a bit more than his LM model. The other ghosts unfortunately look a little too solid for my liking (I miss the cool ghostly transparent effects), but all in all still look good.

However, even though I defend some of the port...I won't lie, it should have been on the Switch. It just should have been. I enjoyed it, heck, I even loved it as much as LMGC once I adjusted to the controls, but it objectively was a bad port and probably shouldn't have happened. The only real reason I bought it is because my GC copy is in pretty rough shape and might break any day now, so while I do appreciate LM3D, I sincerely hope that they simply consider porting the original to Switch someday, as that probably still is the definitive version.

TL;DR: Green Pasta Man's Spoopy House is fun on Nintendo Pokemon Box and isn't as garbage as some say it is, but I still want to see it on the Nintendo Toaster someday.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Okay so I'm thinking of Mii ideas, and it's pretty out there, but I really want a chainsaw-wielding Mii. Mainly to complete my cast. Granted, a Swordfighter is close enough but... a chainsaw Mii would be rad.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

I still think that Mega Man's icon should have been his 1-UP head.
I think an E-Tank/Mega Man Helmet would have been better. But the gear logo works decently enough since Mega Man 8 and Mega Man 11 uses them in their logos/overall aesthetic.

maxresdefault.jpg

Not sure if that's what Sakurai(or whoever is in charge of that) was thinking when making the Mega Man logo for Smash, but it's not completely out of nowhere. And of course, gears are everywhere for Mega Man 11.

Honestly, a more common logo would be the red Triangle. Maybe putting an "MM"/"RM" with that behind it would work even better.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I got Luigi's Mansion on the brain today, so I'm gonna ramble a bit about the 3DS port.

WARNING: Huge wall of text written by a nerd that likes Green Mario too much incoming:

As much as I enjoyed Luigi's Mansion on 3DS, I've found myself wishing today that it was ported to Switch instead. There are times where I honestly can't say how I feel about LM3DS. I...liked it a lot, in some cases even better than GC due to the fact I had one of my all-time favorite games portable now, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the better controls of GC, along with some other things exclusive to the GC version.

However, I don't hate this port. I definitely understand why some people hate this port, but I also feel like some of the hate is a bit extreme? Like, I won't disagree on some of the critique: The co-op was BAD. Reaaaalllllyyyy bad. I'm honestly surprised Nintendo let that get through QA, it looks barely playable and them allowing something of such low quality to be released is very unlike them. Framerate issues for singleplayer are something I don't understand (assuming you're not talking about base 3DS; if you are, then that is a very valid complaint), because on New 3DS, there was only two spots in the game I can remember seeing frames drop, and they were thankfully only cutscenes.

The controls are...not bad. They're not as good as the original, but they are serviceable, and feel pretty good once you get used to them. I completely avoided using the N3DS' C-Stick, though, as that thing sucked for LM3D with how unresponsive it felt. I've heard modding it by glueing some fabric or putting painter's tape on it makes it better, but by itself, it was terrible. I played through the game using the "hold-B" method of aiming, and while it took a lot of readjusting, it eventually felt nearly as smooth as GC once you realize that the best way to aim Luigi is to flick the circle pad a direction and tap B to have him aim in a specific spot rather than trying to hold B and then rotate him into the position you want.

Graphics actually look better than GC to me. The only thing missed here are the neat particle effects of the GC version, but for a 3DS game? LM3D's textures actually look better, have more detail, and all in all are a lot easier on the eyes than LMGC's muddied blobs. The lighting is also a lot nicer, which I guess is an unpopular opinion? IDK, people get really touchy about lighting in ports and remakes in my experience, as MM3D got a lot of flak for its lighting changes too. Luigi's character model looks SOOOO much better, holy cow. He walks, runs, and all in all just looks nicer than GC Luigi, which is super cool IMO. King Boo also looks really nice, as I like his DM model quite a bit more than his LM model. The other ghosts unfortunately look a little too solid for my liking (I miss the cool ghostly transparent effects), but all in all still look good.

However, even though I defend some of the port...I won't lie, it should have been on the Switch. It just should have been. I enjoyed it, heck, I even loved it as much as LMGC once I adjusted to the controls, but it objectively was a bad port and probably shouldn't have happened. The only real reason I bought it is because my GC copy is in pretty rough shape and might break any day now, so while I do appreciate LM3D, I sincerely hope that they simply consider porting the original to Switch someday, as that probably still is the definitive version.

TL;DR: Green Pasta Man's Spoopy House is fun on Nintendo Pokemon Box and isn't as garbage as some say it is, but I still want to see it on the Nintendo Toaster someday.
But Mr. Yellow Mario, they didn't put Green Bean's Spookly Abode on the Nintendo Wii U 2 because Green Bean's Spookly Abode 3 is coming!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hey guys, my Premium ran out, but it still has my custom ranking “Purple Prizes”. Why is that? Does it still say that for you guys too?
When premium runs out, your title stays as whatever it was changed to. I briefly had premium a few years back, and now my title is “Oh okay”.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's what I was talking about.

I think an E-Tank/Mega Man Helmet would have been better. But the gear logo works decently enough since Mega Man 8 and Mega Man 11 uses them in their logos/overall aesthetic.

View attachment 187599

Not sure if that's what Sakurai(or whoever is in charge of that) was thinking when making the Mega Man logo for Smash, but it's not completely out of nowhere. And of course, gears are everywhere for Mega Man 11.

Honestly, a more common logo would be the red Triangle. Maybe putting an "MM"/"RM" with that behind it would work even better.
I think the Cog/Gear logo is more based on the Rockman covers, but I don't know.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What? Isn’t that the only reason a guy wants to get a game with a female protagonist?

Inb4 someone doesn’t realize I’m being sarcastic
Not gonna lie, I don't really find things sexually appealing.
If you where to go up to me naked (thank god you aren't) I would just be grossed out.

Not at all!

...I mean, she is 16, after all.
T'was a joke my lad.

Unless your joking, too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not gonna lie, I don't really find things sexually appealing.
If you where to go up to me naked (thank god you aren't) I would just be grossed out.
Are you perhaps, Asexual?

Nuthin wrong with it, just wondering. You can totally ignore this question if it makes you uncomfortable.

D

Deleted member

But Mr. Yellow Mario, they didn't put Green Bean's Spookly Abode on the Nintendo Wii U 2 because Green Bean's Spookly Abode 3 is coming!
Super Green Luigi Saves Red Luigi from Spooks III : The Spaghetiing is probably the number #1 reason I'm not too bummed out about Tall Mario's Supernatural Lodging not coming to Super Duper Nintendo Changer, but TBH I'm still awaiting the day Garlic Biker Gang man gets a new game.

Where's Bad Red Luigi World 2: Garlic Boogaloo, Nintendo?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This thread talks about sex more then I thought it would.

I mean, you do you, I suppose, but I'm a bit shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom