• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't even care, really. I'm going to see it for the Pokemon.

Didja hear they're making another movie like this based on Red and Blue?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Page 69!

Gotta say somthing important... sorry, don't have anything.

EDIT: Well, good thing it wasn't actually page 69.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Really? Didn't know.

Also, I don't get why everyone hates the realistic Pokemon designs. Will it take some getting used too? Yeah, but it's not horrible. I actually like the gritty, realistic approach.
Which is Ironic because I didn't like Brawl's approach

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"Oh wow this movie's included jokes about the source material which don't mock the source material but instead embrace it and create layers, this movie's going to be great!"
*fart joke*
"This movie is terrible, I would rather die than consider buying a ticket"
What is this, the Power Rangers fandom? Y'all realize kids do enjoy fart jokes, even in Japan right?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

You know what? I’ll ask this again since it’s relevant: Who do you guys think would be legitimately good casting choices for characters like Red, Blie, Giovanni, Cynthia, N, etc. in a live action movie?

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!
It's not pgae 69 anymore, but I heard something about naked people on you?
No please, we’ve moved past that and it should stay that way.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Now, onto the next set of ideas: Spirit Battles!

Warning: This contains spoilers for Red Dead Redemption 2
Micah Bell (Primary Ace Rank, Attack Type, Can be Enhanced into Micah Bell (Timeskip))
Stage: Summit
Music: American Venom
Conditions: The battle starts with 4-5 Snakes/Mii Gunners with Cowboy outfits, w/ your partner ZS Samus (Representing Sadie Adler), one they are all gone, Micah (Who is Wario) appears with a Submarine Gun, trying to zone you out, then after 20-30 seconds, a Dutch Mii comes in using mostly projectiles, next to Wario, then after 20 seconds, the Dutch Mii F-Smashes Wario (A nod to Dutch shooting Micah before eating lead from John)

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
What's all the hype with page 69?

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!
It's not pgae 69 anymore, but I heard something about naked people on you?
I was talking about how I don't really have much sexual appeal towards things, and as a joke I mentioned people naked standing in front of me. Just a joke, no worries.

Edit: Also lets go on to a different topic now.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You know what? I’ll ask this again since it’s relevant: Who do you guys think would be good casting choices for characters like Red, Blie, Giovanni, Cynthia, N, etc. in a live action movie?

What's all the hype with page 69?

I was talking about how I don't really have much sexual appeal towards things, and as a joke I mentioned people naked standing in front of me. Just a joke, no worries.
Hey nakedness can be a purely innocent lifestyle. ;)

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You know what? I’ll ask this again since it’s relevant: Who do you guys think would be legitimately good casting choices for characters like Red, Blie, Giovanni, Cynthia, N, etc. in a live action movie?

I know nothing about Hollywood stars, so I really couldn't contribute to the conversation.

D

Deleted member

"Oh wow this movie's included jokes about the source material which don't mock the source material but instead embrace it and create layers, this movie's going to be great!"
*fart joke*
"This movie is terrible, I would rather die than consider buying a ticket"
What is this, the Power Rangers fandom? Y'all realize kids do enjoy fart jokes, even in Japan right?
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still think the movie will be fun, one fart joke in an hour and 30 minute movie isn't really gonna hurt me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From the director of Shark Tale, ladies and gentlemen
That makes me even more concerned.

One last little bit I'll drop about my LM3DS discussion while it's still on my mind: I personally really like LM3DS, but I realize that it's very flawed and the Switch would've been a better home for it. I actually like it a little bit more than GC because of the portability and nicer textures, but I do miss GC controls and effects like transparent ghosts and particles. Oh, and Hidden Mansion! Hidden Mansion was awesome.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Really? Didn't know.

Also, I don't get why everyone hates the realistic Pokemon designs. Will it take some getting used too? Yeah, but it's not horrible. I actually like the gritty, realistic approach.
Which is Ironic because I didn't like Brawl's approach
I feel it works better in the movie because it still keeps the charm of the Pokémon. With realistic approaches like Brawl sometimes is that they don't carry over the expressive and vibrant personality and appearances of their original counterparts, so you end up with a character who feels more like a hollow shell of their former self or a creepy monster that goes far into uncanny valley. King Dedede is a good example of that, if you compare his animations to Smash 4 or Ultimate you'd see that he's much less expressive when compared to them, and considering how vibrant he is in the core Kirby games that meant that some of his charm was lost in the transition.

The movie does have some off examples, but overall it's clear that they attempted to keep what makes the Pokémon themselves so you can still see scenes with Pokémon like Bulbasaur in it and feel that you're seeing the little guys you fell in love with. Pikachu in particular is a great example in that regard since he has realistic fur and facial expressions to make him fit into the live action movie, but it carries over the cute features that we all know and love from his usual appearances, so it brings him over in a way that respects the original design without making him stand out in a bad way.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I still think the movie will be fun, one fart joke in an hour and 30 minute movie isn't really gonna hurt me.
I'm so curious about the movie. I think it looks neat. Really weird looks for some pokemon, but that adds to it :)

Please don't say things like that! consider you my mother sometimes, for goodness sake! :nervous:
oo lil dylly is growing up.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Try using the enhanced DJ Octavio Spirit, Great zapfish, and easier meteors spirit.
sudden death, infinite lives (you don't have to win), ganondorf down air (stage with gaps)
OK just got it.

Super sudden death, Gaur Plains, and Pitfall items. 10 stock, 3 mins. I had DK, but I can't do meteors to save my life - I think Bayo's dSmash is a meteor which might be easier, but it did count pitfall throws and I did get 3 clean ones.

Thanks for the advice! Managed to complete the challenge by having Ganondorf spam dair on Mushroom Kingdom II, with super sudden death and 99 lives. The only two challenges I've got left now are the 'beat the final stage of adventure mode without getting KO'd' (I got close last time, so just seems to require patience) and the 'go on quickplay with 10 characters' (hardly difficult - just a matter of time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom