• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What's everybody's favorite indie games for the Switch? I've been looking into some cheaper, smaller games to buy digitally. I have my eye on Donut County, Hallow Knight, and Troll and I, but I'm looking for more suggestions.
Death Road to Canada is a fantastic game if you're into roguelikes. It's kind of like a post-apocalyptic Oregon Trail with zombies and roguelike map exploration and events. The game is also very goofy and funny, as it doesn't take itself seriously at all. There's also a character creator that lets you play around with character classes and traits. Probably one of my most favorite games on both Steam and Switch.

Snake Pass is a lot of fun if you like puzzle platformers with an emphasis on physics like Octodad or Human Fall Flat.

While I don't have it on Switch (yet), I've sunk dozens of hours into Stardew Valley on Steam, so that's an easy recommendation if games like that are your thing.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's a Smash game: Create an echo for a character from a different series. So if you're the character you're basing your echo on is from Zelda, you can't have a Zelda character as the other echo.

I'll start with an easy one: Starman (From the NES Pro Wrestling, not the one from EarthBound) as an Incineroar echo.
This is easy.

First off? Blaziken for Captian Falcon. It works fine with almost no alterations. Maybe change Falcon punch to a kick animation. like the Mii Brawler move (also a different entrance and FS, obviously). I feel it's actually the best option for a falcon echo (Black Shadow is bulky to the point of being a Ganondorf echo. Blood Falcon would be way to redundant)

I'd also say Sawk would work as a Ryu echo (If we still needed one, anyways). Same body type, and it could work as the simple version of the very technical Ryu (like Lucina to Marth).

Also, going fully off the deep end, Holly Blue Agate as a ZSS echo. Heels, lazer whip, it works.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I'm gonna try to beat 9.9. Any tips?
(First I need to figure out how to get past 5.0, because it legit wont let me)
You start at 5.0. The difficulty increases depending on how well you do on a battle. A tip for 9.9: Don't use gold to revive your character: your maximum is 9.8 if you do that. If you must revive your character, use Classic Tickets instead.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
GUYS. GUYS.

GAMESTOP MIGHT ACTUALLY BE HELPING ME NOW.

Turns out being an angry customer eventually does get you something.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm glad to see that this came to a good conclusion. I seriously doubt it, but I'd like to think that our solidiarity with you convinced Gamestop to treat you better.
I mean, something did. By the sixth email (and sixth different person; each email was signed by a different name) I was given a reference number to give when calling customer care, then suddenly they were able to reorder it after confirming all my personal info and resubmitting my payment information.

I just got the order confirmation in my email. I'm getting it.

D

Deleted member

*breaths in*

**** Paline's Spirit Battle! I hate that battle so goddamn much! It's got the worst stage in Smash and the most annoying gimmick in one! Peach won't stop moving, she's a girl looking for Pandora necklace she paid hundreds of dollars for, and you're job to knock her ass out. But just as you think this might be easy, Mario comes out of nowhere like Randy Notron with a hammer that crush a guy like a soda can, and DK comes along thinking he's auditing for the main role of King Kong, and it ****s the whole situation up. "Okay, so just avoid them" you think. Nah, son, you forgot what stage you're one! The infamous 75 cm, the classic retro stage that absolutely nobody gives two ****s about aside from you Dad who hasn't played any games since 1980. 75 cm has terrible stage design, complete with atrocious platforming spacing and latters that you can stuck on like a fly in a spider's web, meaning this stage is absolutely terrible for movement, which makes it that more easier for enemies to kill you. And that's not the end of it, oh no siree bobby diddly do! Just when you think that's it, the game throws time stoppers at you, which slows you and you opponents down significantly. So now you think "Oh! I can use those!". If you can just get past Paline and her two hairy ****bois and the crappy construction yard of death, then yeah you can! Only problem is there's 3 of them, and 1 of you, and it's a team battle, meaning if one of them gets to the stopwatches before you do, then only you will be slowed down, leaving you to get royally screwed for a easy kill! So I hope you have some serious persistence, because this fight will 1 stock you patience faster than MKLeo obliterated Zero in 20-freaking-whatever!

TLDR:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, something did. By the sixth email (and sixth different person; each email was signed by a different name) I was given a reference number to give when calling customer care, then suddenly they were able to reorder it after confirming all my personal info and resubmitting my payment information.

I just got the order confirmation in my email. I'm getting it.

Ladies and Gentlemen.

We got em.

The shaded one on the bottom has an..... interesting pose :yoshi:
Canonically, Poipole derives enjoyment from the pain of it's enemies. It cackles hysterically while spraying it's foes with poison.

It's a creepy little bugger, I love it.

I have contact with insiders at Nintendo and they leaked me the next DLC fighter.
The fighter we need.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So ideas for more indie characters as spirits?

I shared this a little while ago but here’s an idea I had for Madeline of Celeste:

1D25D0A2-BFCA-4BBC-8197-8BF36B5D2421.jpeg

Primary
:starman::starman:
Grab
-Additional Midair Jump

Spirit Battle:

-The enemy tends to avoid conflict
-The enemy favors up specials

Assisted by:

Who prefers neutral specials

Summit
“Ice Cave Chant ~ Donkey Kong Country”

D

Deleted member

*breaths in*

**** Paline's Spirit Battle! I hate that battle so goddamn much! It's got the worst stage in Smash and the most annoying gimmick in one! Peach won't stop moving, she's a girl looking for Pandora necklace she paid hundreds of dollars for, and you're job to knock her *** out. But just as you think this might be easy, Mario comes out of nowhere like Randy Notron with a hammer that crush a guy like a soda can, and DK comes along thinking he's auditing for the main role of King Kong, and it ****s the whole situation up. "Okay, so just avoid them" you think. Nah, son, you forgot what stage you're one! The infamous 75 cm, the classic retro stage that absolutely nobody gives two ****s about aside from you Dad who hasn't played any games since 1980. 75 cm has terrible stage design, complete with atrocious platforming spacing and latters that you can stuck on like a fly in a spider's web, meaning this stage is absolutely terrible for movement, which makes it that more easier for enemies to kill you. And that's not the end of it, oh no siree bobby diddly do! Just when you think that's it, the game throws time stoppers at you, which slows you and you opponents down significantly. So now you think "Oh! I can use those!". If you can just get past Paline and her two hairy ****bois and the crappy construction yard of death, then yeah you can! Only problem is there's 3 of them, and 1 of you, and it's a team battle, meaning if one of them gets to the stopwatches before you do, then only you will be slowed down, leaving you to get royally screwed for a easy kill! So I hope you have some serious persistence, because this fight will 1 stock you patience faster than MKLeo obliterated Zero in 20-freaking-whatever!

TLDR:
I haven't even attempted it yet. I watched Failboat play it and it scared me off, lol.

Not even gonna try until I find Bowser, or the get access to the cheese strat with Olimar that allows him to two-hit kill everything with his red Pikmin.

R O F L

Smash Ace
*breaths in*

**** Paline's Spirit Battle! I hate that battle so goddamn much! It's got the worst stage in Smash and the most annoying gimmick in one! Peach won't stop moving, she's a girl looking for Pandora necklace she paid hundreds of dollars for, and you're job to knock her *** out. But just as you think this might be easy, Mario comes out of nowhere like Randy Notron with a hammer that crush a guy like a soda can, and DK comes along thinking he's auditing for the main role of King Kong, and it ****s the whole situation up. "Okay, so just avoid them" you think. Nah, son, you forgot what stage you're one! The infamous 75 cm, the classic retro stage that absolutely nobody gives two ****s about aside from you Dad who hasn't played any games since 1980. 75 cm has terrible stage design, complete with atrocious platforming spacing and latters that you can stuck on like a fly in a spider's web, meaning this stage is absolutely terrible for movement, which makes it that more easier for enemies to kill you. And that's not the end of it, oh no siree bobby diddly do! Just when you think that's it, the game throws time stoppers at you, which slows you and you opponents down significantly. So now you think "Oh! I can use those!". If you can just get past Paline and her two hairy ****bois and the crappy construction yard of death, then yeah you can! Only problem is there's 3 of them, and 1 of you, and it's a team battle, meaning if one of them gets to the stopwatches before you do, then only you will be slowed down, leaving you to get royally screwed for a easy kill! So I hope you have some serious persistence, because this fight will 1 stock you patience faster than MKLeo obliterated Zero in 20-freaking-whatever!

TLDR:
I beat it first try because Peach SD'd.

You make it sound like I'm missing something.

Noipoi

Howdy!
*breaths in*

TLDR:
Just buy it lol

Seriously, it sucks major balls. I only won cuz I git lucky.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pro tip: Use a spirit that gives you a staff for Pauline's battle. With good aim you can take your out in just a few hits. It still took me a few attempts but it worked a lot better then trying to chase her down.

D

Deleted member

Just buy it lol

Seriously, it sucks major balls. I only won cuz I git lucky.
Seriously!!!!!

Why put it on 75 cm?! Just put in New Donk City, then I wouldn't have a problem, but nope! Gotta go for the classics, amirightorwhatdkfoskpdmlm?!/!?

D

Deleted member

My most despised spirit battle is the ****ing Dr. Wily spirit battle

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's a fun question for the late-night forumgoers like me:

We have :ultdarkpit:, and :ultdarksamus:, and
/
/

But if you could pick another character to just make a "Dark" version of, who would it be and why? Not even canonical. Just your dark, edgy version.
Evil Ryu and Violent Ken. There's also Copy Robot for Mega Man. And maybe possessed Richter wearing his SotN outfit.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
*breaths in*

TLDR:
Been there bro. I feel your pain.

To think I only managed to win through dumb luck because Peach killed herself.

Whoever thought this Spirit Challenge was a good idea should had been fired.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Been there bro. I feel your pain.

To think I only managed to win through dumb luck because Peach killed herself.

Whoever thought this Spirit Challenge was a good idea should had been fired.
How in the ****ing chicken mc****nuggets does everyone else managed to get Peach to SD but me?!

R O F L

Smash Ace
The spirit I had the most trouble on was Party Phil.....
It took me 6 times to get him. He was a spirit board spirit too, so that didn't help.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
You start at 5.0. The difficulty increases depending on how well you do on a battle. A tip for 9.9: Don't use gold to revive your character: your maximum is 9.8 if you do that. If you must revive your character, use Classic Tickets instead.
He can use a Ticket on the Final Boss IF he's already at 9.9. Otherwise the max is 9.8.

D

Deleted member

Pauline's spirit battle was awful and I unfortunately did not get Peach to SD.

I beat it with DK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom