• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I never played Final Fight... so sue me. I learn something new everyday I guess.

Oh yeah, Seth-like health and level 5 resurrection for Phoenix confirmed... along with Haggar's lead pipe as his heavy attack and Final Haggar Buster as his level 3.

Anyone STILL want to doubt lupinko know? :laugh:
I'm sure you mean 'now', and well...*raises hand*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Latino Chris
Lol I might have to try him out now. Then again, I like tool based characters so I would probably end up trying him out anyway.

And I like the way Felicia moves. Still not feeling it for Super-Skrull, Thor, or Dormammu.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
My favorite was MODOK when he loses from time out

"AWW! But I haven't killed anyone yeeeeeeeeeet!" while trashing his arms and legs about like a kid

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I dont see whats worng with his list. People that hate on LeiLei can eat a ****.
I actually don't have a problem with Lei-Lei lol.

I think I remember you saying earlier that the roster was great for competitive play which might be true, but I don't really play competitively so I'm not even paying attention to that aspect. I don't doubt that the roster is inclined to competitive play; after all, the game was designed to be competitive.

Whenever a crossover series is involved people tend to look at how well each company is represented by the playable characters and to me both sides missed some great opportunities. Offhand the ones that come to mind are some incarnation of Mega Man, one of the Dead Rising protagonists, and a Spider-Man villain. Conversely there were quite a few picks that were more obscure or less relevant (and choices that don't interest me personally e.g. Sentinel), although some of these were admittedly kind of cool.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Should be said, I'm pretty sure I heard that it was said even if the list WAS true that it would just be people that are going to be in the game, not that it's "ONLY THESE PEOPLE".

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
i love arthur haha. he really looks interesting and fun. even though i pretty much know who i want on my team i think, theres a lot of characters i'd like to try out just to see how they are and arthur is definitely one of them.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
OMG. I'm dying of happiness.

Deadpool on the stream for his victory speech:

"I just beat Mag-fricking-neto! Where yo curly mustache at?!"

<3333333333
I only heard the first part of that quote. :( They seriously need a vid of it up soon.

ALSO I lol when Marn gets a hitconfrim with Dante and it's always that double launcher combo into hyper every. single. time.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I actually don't have a problem with Lei-Lei lol.

I think I remember you saying earlier that the roster was great for competitive play which might be true, but I don't really play competitively so I'm not even paying attention to that aspect. I don't doubt that the roster is inclined to competitive play; after all, the game was designed to be competitive.

Whenever a crossover series is involved people tend to look at how well each company is represented by the playable characters and to me both sides missed some great opportunities. Offhand the ones that come to mind are some incarnation of Mega Man, one of the Dead Rising protagonists, and a Spider-Man villain. Conversely there were quite a few picks that were more obscure or less relevant (and choices that don't interest me personally e.g. Sentinel), although some of these were admittedly kind of cool.
I'm tired of seeing this crap about "oh this wasn't/was made for competitive play". The really shouldn't make a difference in the world. For balancing, I can't see why you wouldn't balance a multiplayer game whether it be aimed for a casual audience or not.

We don't know for certain if Frank West, Megaman, Venom, etc. aren't going to be in. After all, we didn't think Jill was going to be in until her and Shuma Gorath were revealed to be DLC. It's quite possible that other characters were set aside for DLC (a LOT of people will pay for Megaman).

cutter

Smash Champion
I only heard the first part of that quote. :( They seriously need a vid of it up soon.
Deadpool said it as if here Yipes himself lol. It was WAY TOO GOOD. Seriously, that made my ****ing night.

ALSO I lol when Marn gets a hitconfrim with Dante and it's always that double launcher combo into hyper every. single. time.
Ohhhhhhh the irony. Dante with 40 moves, yet only one "good" combo that people will use.

Granted, the game still isn't even out yet.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Some more news from Lupinko via twitter

General Info
  • hey dat twitterverse, shocking news, apparently dat 50sent and Leilei are unlockable characters as well, I don't know what to say
  • but I know what to say about Jill and Shuma, they are real dlc and don't really exist yet
  • The game also rates your playstyle during online play, for example, if you are a defensive player, offensive player, etc.,
  • This is represented by that circle graph of stats, it rates power level abilities too, you can also read the bio of all the characters
  • Think comicbook cards, this was actually shown off awhile back I think on the Japanese MvC3 site as well, so I'm not sure if this is new
  • In the Challenge Mode, you can do any challenge, and you don't need to go in order, you get to fight in what looks like the Danger Room
  • that's for the training level
  • hey secret gamefaqs forum, yes i have total knowledge, and lol @ that guy wanting to try to show me up, jeez find a new hobby or something
  • face it, I own you like how Siegfried owns Roy

Lei-Lei

• [*]Hsien-ko info: For her item throw special of various miscellaneous items, there is a random chance that one of the items is a bomb
    [*]and if it hits the opponent, it would result in a dizzy, but if it lands on the ground it would have a timer count down until it detonates
    [*]For people familiar with Vampire Savior, basically they integrated Leilei's EX Special into her regular Special
    [*]Oh right I confirmed that her EX Special, the one other than Tenraiha and Chuukudan is also in the game as a super
    [*]Wasn't able to get confirmation on Tenraiha itself, sorry, but I assume it's probably there
    [*]She still has her reflect, and can still run in the air as well her hopping teleport dash

Taskmaster

• [*]Taskmaster Super 1: He shoots a massive barrage of arrows straight forward
    [*]Taskmaster Super 2: It's a super counter
    [*]Taskmaster's launcher is Stars & Stripes, when he throws you, he says "Judo throw!"
    [*]and after doing that in his regular throw, he shoots you with a gun
    [*]The move that is as ridiculous looking as Dudley's upside down uppercut
    [*]When he does his webswing, he uses a grappling hook obviously
    [*]He has a lot of special moves, but only 2 supers
    [*]In his taunt, he says "Is that all the moves ya got?"
    [*]He's very hunched forward
    [*]He has a New York accent, my source isn't too good with New York accents, but it's safe to assume it would be a Bronx one

Sentinel

• [*]Sentinel is pretty faithful to his older incarnation
    [*]Sentinel apparently has regained COTA levels of detail/animation again
    [*]Unfortunately my source was unable to confirm if Sentinel regained his bellyflop from COTA

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I will be getting this. Gonna have some funsies.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Haggar can go f**k himself!
I think you mean "Thor can go f**k himself!" because Haggar looks way better and hes actually faithful to his character unlike Thor imo. Take it from a guy who wanted Thor and Haggar.

As for Lei Lei have all of her EX moves as supers I guess that means she has her useless bomb super but atleast she has Telraiha (if its a level three i will ****ing rage as much as I did for Strider) and Swords. She prob doesnt have her DF, its not really interesting like Morgs and Felicia. Im mean, come on, her moves get faster and have less recovery the closer you are to your sister.

cutter

Smash Champion
On the flip side, I will be very shocked if Wesker is worse than a high tier character. Just his Samurai Edge assist alone makes him ridiculous. It not only OTGs to extend combos, but it hits low to set up easy unblockables when combined with an overhead.

His teleports combined with his rushdown make him a good anti-zoning character for getting inside people like Dorm and MODOK. And unlike other rushdown-based characters, he doesn't bleed profuse amounts of health like they do.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Anyone pre-order yet? The 70 dollar deal seems to come in a big box? O_o Or was that just weird advertisement at Gamestop...

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Anyone pre-order yet? The 70 dollar deal seems to come in a big box? O_o Or was that just weird advertisement at Gamestop...
As soon as Jill and Shuma got announced, i went straight to gamestop and reserved special edition and paid it in full. cant wait

Top Bottom