• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Who's the third guy in Megatron's post? I saw him doing a combo and was instantly interested in his style.

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah just played three games as Thor, Ammy and Joe. Can't say much due to not being used to a fight stick other than Ammy having great tools and a good launcher, V. Joe being able to cancel sliding into launcher and Thor not being that bad, even though range definitely is an issue. Game's pacing is great and the animations are fluid. Was sick of looking at Dante though.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Doom sends out his Electric Cage, but if it hits it goes into this cinematic where it turns into this cylinder thing and just drains their life away shocking you the entire time, all while Doom is on his throne laughing.

Yeah.

cutter

Smash Champion
Doom sends out his Electric Cage, but if it hits it goes into this cinematic where it turns into this cylinder thing and just drains their life away shocking you the entire time, all while Doom is on his throne laughing.

Yeah.
Just found it now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sRwwaz9hSc -- 2:30

That looks so ****ing amazing, and the best part is that it's easily comboed into. I am soooooo psyched to play Doom now after watching his level 3.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Just found it now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sRwwaz9hSc -- 2:30

That looks so ****ing amazing, and the best part is that it's easily comboed into. I am soooooo psyched to play Doom now after watching his level 3.
Yes.

What I loved the most about Doom so far was in the Sanford Kelly vs Yipes first to five match when they both did Photon Array and they both canceled eachother hit for hit, that was hilarious.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I am glad that Ammy is shaping up pretty well (that full screen super is soo awesome), and I can't wait to see some Wesker footage once people get a build with him in it. On the other hand though, I am worried about the damage output of combos, how effective pushblocking is, and how safe supers are (and how everyone uses Trish, and a mix of Dante, Doom, and Chun-Li).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I like the way pushblocks are actually. It's mostly that 1 pixel rage **** I hate.

cutter

Smash Champion
I like the way pushblocks are actually. It's mostly that 1 pixel rage **** I hate.
While I do agree that pixel rage does create a lot of bull**** moments (like the one vid of Wesker unable to chip out Tron when she had a pixel of health left using his super), it wouldn't be so bad if red health didn't recover so quickly. Then you would have more of an opportunity to snap in the tagged out character and finish them off.

I still don't understand why you can tag in during an air combo and not lose your red health though. That seems unintuitive to me.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You don't lose red health from tagging in during an air combo because they're trying to prove that this isn't TvC2.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
lol, I like the tagging out during combos thing because it basically gives you a free switch to a character you wanted on point in the first place without meter.

The Pixel crap needs to go.

Pushblocking is just like in MvC2...

X-factor is ********.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
X-Factor only gives "advantage" to the person who was already pulling the combo for the victory. We're only gonna see it used as finishers. "Comeback system," I honestly have no idea why you guys believe that.

cutter

Smash Champion
Also, what is the Pixel crap you guys are talking about? Is there a vid that points out that nonsense?!
Basically when you do a super and you're about to kill someone with it, the game likes to leave your opponent with a pixel of health left if you would just barely manage to kill him.

A perfect example is in this vid at 1:15. (Sorry it's a Gamespot vid so no magic YouTube timing put into the URL) Tron is literally at the brink of death and then Wesker activates his super. You would think that Wesker would easily be able to chip out Tron and kill her, but NOPE! She lives.

There are actually a lot more examples of "pixel rage" in the recent Gamespot vids showing gameplay of characters up to Spidey/Tron/X-23/Wesker. It's pretty gay.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
There was some 1-pixel rage in the Sanford vs Yipes exhibition match too. I'm not gonna look for it right now because I can't remember if it was in the first or second part. I might try to find it later.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Pushbolcks are ******** right now. I hope thy change fix em a bit.
While the pushblocks aren't the same as MvC2, I don't it as a huge problem. I never expected pushblocking to be the exact same anyway. My mind might change if there is a good example in a video on how bad it is though since I haven't looked much into it.
I don't like the X-Factor s#!+!
I think X-Factor is actually a good idea. It adds something to the game without dumbing anything down, IMO. While it does help the player when he's down to one character, I don't think it'll reverse the flow of the match as it would in SSFIV.
that pixel **** is one of the gayest things in fg history imo.
Yeah, after seeing that video Cutter linked, I really don't like it. Hopefully they change it. If not, I guess we'll deal with it.

It's interesting to see how safe a lot of moves are in MvC3. It reminds me of how Super Turbo is. They just need to make sure matches don't take too long and end in time outs. That's one of my main concerns.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I dont know exactly what the srk guys are talking about, about pushblocks that is, but I know it makes assists worst, and I'm against anything that makes assists worst. :/ There like my fav thing about marvel.

And Seth said something about moves being safe in a interview. He said for the people that have something else they can do after a blockstring, their specials are normally unsafe becauses they have more options, but with chars that dont have these options, like Wolvie, get sake specials because they have northing else they can do after a blockstring. Something along those lines.

cutter

Smash Champion
One of the things about X-factor is that it's more than just a comeback tool. You can burn X-factor early and be able to cancel a super into another super if you need to finish off an opponent, but then you won't have the ability to X-factor later in the game when it would really matter.

I also love how SRK has named X-factor canceling KFC. This game is still several months out and the jargon is already being developed :).

Oh yeah, more pixel rage:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/...eplay-movie-supers-galore?tag=videos;title;11 <-- 1:04

Now I'm just going to flat say that is TOTAL BULL****. Tron should have died from the last hit of X-23's super but she somehow magically takes no damage? What. the. ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9zqIPvK99c#t=00m36s

Dante should have died from MODOK's Super Schwartzalle on crack, but he again hangs on by a single pixel.

Seriously though, pixel rage is making me rage every time I see it. I can't see how this wouldn't be intentionally put into the game by Capcom.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
KFC
Pringles
Salt

The fighting game community has a terrible diet. No wonder Justin Wong is so fat.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You know, the more this goes on, the more I'm tempted to think that 90% of the SRK people are just trolls who like to complain about everything.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I think X-Factor is actually a good idea. It adds something to the game without dumbing anything down, IMO. While it does help the player when he's down to one character, I don't think it'll reverse the flow of the match as it would in SSFIV.
I think if it ever came down to a 1on1, it's really going to matter who gets that first combo in! Of course, this is true with many, if not all, fighting games, but it's gonna hurt when a combo kills you when it wouldn't have otherwise!

Edit - The X-Factor just reminds me of Tekken's Rage system!

They just need to make sure matches don't take too long and end in time outs. That's one of my main concerns.
I agree! Seeing time outs in fighting games always irks me!

Top Bottom