• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I don't care what anyone thinks.

MODOK looks bad***.

Hopefully he'll live up to it in his gameplay vid

Gates

Banned via Warnings
My appinion is grate:

Nathan Spencer

First of all, good going with the sausage fingers design.
Yeah, I really disliked that design, why not use the Bionic Commando: REArmed design.
I agree. Especially considering that Bionic Commando Rearmed was a lot more critically (and probably financially) successful than the crappy series reboot.

Also, did anyone think of Scorpion when he did his "Get over here" grab? Other than those few things, he looks cool.

Arthur

**** YEAH ARTHUR.

What I really want to know is, under what conditions does his armor come off and does he take extra damage when it is off?

MODOK

I'm still not sold on him. I guess I'll have to wait til tomorrow to see him in action. If he's reasonably good I'll probably be more interested in him.

MAG-****ING-NETO

PRINGLES CURLEH MUSTACHE MAKE IT RAIN SCOOPS HAAGEN DAS

OVER 9000

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Well thanks for debunking that. Personally hoping for Mike Haggar, so Zangief would have kind of been a kick in the pants.

So Arthur's armor breaks if he gets his attacks blocked too much or something? Lord I hope that doesn't mean easy damage on him.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I think in his most prominent appearances he's an enemy of the Avengers.

EDIT: Ninja'd sort of

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well thanks for debunking that. Personally hoping for Mike Haggar, so Zangief would have kind of been a kick in the pants.

So Arthur's armor breaks if he gets his attacks blocked too much or something? Lord I hope that doesn't mean easy damage on him.
I think it's after he uses that one super that powers him up or something?

Atlus8

Smash Master
After looking at the Spencer vid again, his moves are plain as f**k! I sure as hell hope that grapple isn't the best thing he's got cause I'm doubting the f**k out of him! Thumbs down!

As for Arthur, I thought he would suck since he is pretty **** slow! However, taking a closer look at the vid, he looks like he is gonna have a s#!+ load of projectiles on him! Thumbs up!

I hope MODOK brings some interesting s#!+ tomorrow! I just hope Magneto wasn't tone down at all!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
His grapple arm is actually really good. Being able to control space and move around like that is a skill that's very important to have in a versus game.

But yes, he does also have wall slam moves and that super where he screams "Bionic Arm", so the grapple isn't the only thing.

What I really wanna see is for when the Magneto trailer comes out for someone to splice in the audio from Mahvel Baybee.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
M.O.D.O.K. is the second character after Dormamu that was not on this rumour list. It's obvious that characters have been deconfirmed and been added but look at it

Marvel
- Wolverine*
- Iron-Man*
- Hulk*
- Mr. Fantastic# (Deconfirmed at SDCC)
- Captain America*
- War Machine# (Alternate Texture for Iron-Man)
- Elektra /?/
- Thor*
- X-23*
- Magneto*
- Dr. Doom*
- Shuma-Gorath ?
- Emma Frost # (Deconfirmed at SDCC)
- Deadpool*
- Super Skrull*
- Taskmaster?
- Juggernaut ?
- She-Hulk ?

That's 10 confirmed, 3 deconfirmed, 4 up for grabs and 1 that is shaky. M.O.D.O.K. and Dormammu could easily had been added in after the characters.

Capcom
- Ryu*
- Mike Haggar?
- Frank West?
- Chuck Greene?
- Nathan Spencer*
- Dante*
- Chris Redfield*
- Morrigan*
- Arthur*
- Amaterasu*
- Albert Wesker*
- Zero?
- Chun-Li*
- Viewtiful Joe*
- Trish*
- Tron Bonne*
- Hsien-Ko/?/
- Akuma?
- Felicia*

That's 13 confirmed, 0 deconfirmed, 4 up for grabs, and 1 that is shaky (Although more Darkstalkers would take up memory, this does not mean that Hsien-Ko couldn't have already been in and he meant more after the current roster, plus Hsien-Ko like Morrigan and Felicia aren't as extravagant as people like Anakaris, Jedah, Demitri, Pyron who need all that extra memory while still being one of the most popular Darkstalkers characters. Or this is my wishful thinking, yeah, it's this one ;_; )

All together that's 23 confirmed, 3 deconfirmed, 8 up for grabs, and 2 shaky cases. This was probably a rough draft roster that got changed over development, as with 3 characters deconfirmed we already have 2 that were not on the list. This might have some relevance. I just hope that Mega Man, Strider Hiryu and Storm are added in, and my hopes for Mike Haggar, She Hulk, and Lei-Lei are not completely crushed!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Am I forgetting someone or is Wesker the only Capcom villain so far?

Tron doesn't count.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I'm not even hyped for this silly looking game anymore...characters are blah...gameplay is TvC remixed...

This is just gonna add on to me liking the older version of games before the "sequels"
i.e
sf3rd strike>ssf4
melee>brawl
T5DR>T6BR
MvC2 IS GONNA>MvC3

Im just waiting for Tekken Tag 2 now...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
There's a video of Mags and MODOK up on Eventhubs now. Magneto has a new super. And this time, maybe his Force Field will be actually useful. MODOK looks really weird and unique. He seems slow, but has some cool moves.

Glad to see that we don't have to worry about character diversity in MvC3.
The roster's looking good so far as far as different play styles go, imo.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow, have to embed M.O.D.O.K.'s. Wow.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i9zqIPvK99c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i9zqIPvK99c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

And Magneto while I'm here.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cCBU2B5dQeg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cCBU2B5dQeg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rvc8Vq6wgLg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rvc8Vq6wgLg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

cutter

Smash Champion
MODOK is the ultimate troll character. And I LOVE IT.

Ugly-looking character to begin with? Check.

The fact that he probably took the spot of a character you wanted in the game? Check.

A hilariously awesome keep-away game? Check.

The potential to keep opponents from finishing their combos because of all the **** that can be on the screen? Check.

A laugh that's guaranteed to piss off the opponent when you win? CHECK.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just saw that 3rd vid that Mic posted. Wow, this game's looking pretty great.
The game's looking different than MvC2, but at least it's awesome in its own way.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Spiderman calling Magneto was hilarious.

But Magneto himself.... Meeeeh.

EDIT : omg I'm gonna take you for a ride is back

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't know why there's so much MODOK hate. I think he looks awesome.

Also, subscribed. Finally. Looking forward to this game soooooooooooooo much.

Smooth Criminal

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm not even hyped for this silly looking game anymore...characters are blah...gameplay is TvC remixed...

This is just gonna add on to me liking the older version of games before the "sequels"
i.e
sf3rd strike>ssf4
melee>brawl
T5DR>T6BR
MvC2 IS GONNA>MvC3

Im just waiting for Tekken Tag 2 now...
I dunno sus, it aint tvc 2 and its like the only new fg that looks good to me. I dont think itll be as good as 2 but i think itll be good.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Wow, modok is wonderful.
He plays like my perfect character.
Magneto looks really underpowered. His comboes and OTG's are lacking compared to a lot of characters, especially seeing spencer.
Spencer looks wonderful too.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't know why there's so much MODOK hate. I think he looks awesome.
He hasn't been in a movie so he's an "unpopular" or "obscure" character thats a waste of space in their eyes over someone like Ghost Rider.

My reaction to seeing Magneto vid was up: :D
My reaction to hearing his remixed theme: :D
My reaction to hearing his voice: D':

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
M.O.D.O.K. just needs a reaction in game that looks like trollface.jpg and then he'll be truly perfect.

EDIT: On the livestream, S-Kill said that M.O.D.O.K. isn't the crazy character he mentioned before :o

Top Bottom