• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

cutter

Smash Champion
Except for her frickin 15 damage assist. that's more than some supers.
That has a giant fanbase.
It will be interesting to see what happens to that fanbase now that her projectile assist is gone. I'm glad Capcom is toning down the assists so they aren't the sole reason you pick the character -- such was the case with Tron, CapCom, and Psylocke.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Commando is ridiculous.
I can never ever have any approach options without sentinel's Ground assist or cable.
Dooms AAA is ridiculous too. Molecular shield has the priority and length to be considered one of the, if not the best assist in the game.
Also, something else I'd like to bring up, Venoms assist (the recommended one) is great. I pick him just for it with Jill/Sentinel/Venom (wonderful, underestimated team, btw).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Being a Legends fan, I liked having Tron on my team. I even used her on point quite a bit.
Pairing her up with Doom really helped.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It will be interesting to see what happens to that fanbase now that her projectile assist is gone.
I'm honestly a bit ticked. Even if they just toned down the damage, just the way it worked made so many characters viable.

I'm glad Capcom is toning down the assists so they aren't the sole reason you pick the character -- such was the case with Tron, CapCom, and Psylocke.
I also object, Tron and Psylocke are perfectly playable on their own. CapCom not as much, but he is still better than most Capcom characters.

cutter

Smash Champion
I also object, Tron and Psylocke are perfectly playable on their own. CapCom not as much, but he is still better than most Capcom characters.
I do agree that Tron and Psylocke are good point characters and CapCom is as well to a reasonable extent, but they're picked first and foremost for their stupidly-powerful assists -- which is why they're almost always the third character. There would be significantly less Psylockes around if she didn't have Psyblade, and the same goes for CapCom if he didn't have Captain Corridor.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not trying to hate on the assists at all, but I like how they're just all being brought to a fairly powerful level without being borderline broken. See for example Doom's new Molecular Shield -- it's much shorter but as a result it finishes up faster and still has all the strengths it did as an assist in MvC2.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
C'mooon Zero...
I'd like to see Volnutt come back IF they made him much differently than he was in TvC (which isn't going to happen), so I don't want him in since that'll be a waste of a slot. I can deal with Zero. As long as he doesn't have 25 second long combos.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
It will be interesting to see what happens to that fanbase now that her projectile assist is gone. I'm glad Capcom is toning down the assists so they aren't the sole reason you pick the character -- such was the case with Tron, CapCom, and Psylocke.
I reall hate when people say this. It IS Marvel, assists should be ****. Not crappy or medicre like TvC (i hate this game sooooooooo much).

cutter

Smash Champion
I reall hate when people say this. It IS Marvel, assists should be ****. Not crappy or medicre like TvC (i hate this game sooooooooo much).
Since when did I say I wanted to see the assists go down to TvC relevancy? :confused:

So when are we getting the next charecter reveal today? I'm sooooo tired of waiting :(
We get two characters today at 7:30 EDT.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
For me Marvel is more about the DHCs than the assists, but getting rid of Tron's assist will definitely lead to a lot less people playing her. At the very least, I'm less interested in playing her. She's not a bad character to use on point (if you remove Magneto, Storm, and Sentinel from the equation that is) and she has good DHCs (look at the vids of Team Z if you want to see how good Lunch Rush can be), so she hasn't really been made that much worse overall imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oazp23Q5SQ

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
For me Marvel is more about the DHCs than the assists,.
Idk, I think assists is what seperates marvel.
Since when did I say I wanted to see the assists go down to TvC relevancy? :confused:
I was just sayin that.

We get two characters today at 7:30 EDT.
Nah, we get a Capcom char tonite and a marvel char tomorrow, but I hope that means 2 capcom chars tonite and 2 marvel chars tomorrow.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Nah, I didnt say your opinion was wrong or anything, I just think they sheer dynamic use of assists in Marvel outway DHC's which are just used to safely switch out or to add some extra damage.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I heard Seth hint at one of the alternate costumes in MvC3 on the stream. Sounds like Spidey might be getting his Iron Spider Armor.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I guess that's reasonable. I wasn't offended or anything, I just honestly wasn't sure if other games used the DHC mechanic or not.

Spider-Man getting Ben Reilly, Iron Spider, and Symbiote costumes wouldn't surprise me.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I never even thought about S/SFIV characters being in MVC3.
Do you think the newly introduced characters like Seth or Juri have a chance?

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Marvel PS3 Games: Revealing Tomorrow’s NY Comic Con Reveals – PlayStation Blog
"EXCLUSIVE REVEALS for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds: You might have heard something about this one. In addition to chatting with Writer Frank Tieri and Producer Ryota Niitsuma, we’ll also be unveiling two new Marvel characters. And because I like you people, I’ll go ahead and give you a couple of PlayStation.Blog exclusive clues: One of these Marvel folks is a returning character, one is brand new as a playable character not only to fighting games, but to videogames period. Any guesses?…
(Side note: Within the next hour, Capcom will announce two new Capcom characters of their own during their MvC3-specific panel, which begins at 7:15 EDT. If you’re reading this, and you’re not already in line or seated for it, you’re probably too late…)"

Sounds like Modok to me. So who is the other? Gambit?

http://marvel.com/news/all.14263.nycc_2010~colon~_marvel_vs~dot~_capcom_3_panel_liveblog
live blog

Get A Load of This!

Smash Journeyman
Eh shame these weren't really revealed where I was standing at NYCC. Did see MvC3 style art of Jill Valentine, Mega Man, Bison, Zangief and I think Strider, though. Posting pics later.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Guess I'll edit the thread again to include Mags and MODOK. Tomorrow feels less exciting now. :laugh:
I hope they'll have at least a little more to show than just these characters. These four aren't enough to called this Comic Con reveal 'epic', imo.

And yeah, I don't like the design they used to Spencer. Maybe we'll get the Rearmed design as an alternate costume? Doubt it, but it sure would be nice.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Well, I am actually hyped that we have Arthur and Spencer (even if it isn't the Spencer I wanted). Magneto returning is awesome, and MODOK's definitely going to be a crazy character. I just had hoped we got 6 reveals this time.

And it doesn't help that they weren't allowed to stream the trailers. Hopefully they'll have them up soon.

Top Bottom