• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I know what Darkstalkers is you guys, I just haven't seen in abbreviated DS before.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's a shame the roster isn't gonna be as big as the last installment.
If the 42 characters rumor is true, then we'll have 14 characters less than MvC2.
It's not too bad. It could've been a lot worse. And maybe this time, we'll actually have a lot more characters viable for tourneys.

I'm hoping that's the case.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If the 42 characters rumor is true, then we'll have 14 characters less than MvC2.
It's not too bad. It could've been a lot worse. And maybe this time, we'll actually have a lot more characters viable for tourneys.

I'm hoping that's the case.

Enter non-God tier tourneys, guys. They're a lot of fun, being forced to use all the Mid to Bottom tiers and finding how to make them work is some of the most fun I've had in the game in a long while. Although sometimes you do need to rely on Top tier assists like Tron Bonne's, but with that assist, Gambit and Silver Samurai with 2+ stocks of meter become really good and annoying characters.

Shuma ftw

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Enter non-God tier tourneys, guys. They're a lot of fun, being forced to use all the Mid to Bottom tiers and finding how to make them work is some of the most fun I've had in the game in a long while. Although sometimes you do need to rely on Top tier assists like Tron Bonne's, but with that assist, Gambit and Silver Samurai with 2+ stocks of meter become really good and annoying characters.

Shuma ftw
Yeah, there are quite a lot of creative things you can do with non-God tier teams. I've been messing around with Spidey teams (Spidey, BB Hood, Doom) or Mega Man teams (MM, Tron, and Doom). They're gimmicky, but they're pretty fun. Hopefully MvC3 will bring about the same sense of diversity and good team synergy here and there.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I can't operate without sentinels ground assist.
It is so good.
I pair it will jills back screen flood (dogs, birds, zombies) and I don't normally lose. Even if they manage to get past your wall, you still have racked up a special meter.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm a Duc (Spiral-A/Sentinel-Y/Cable-B) player. How am I supposed to lock people down without Sentinel's drones?

I do have fun taking Cable out of Duc though for someone else. His place on the team is such that anyone with a decent AA assist and a decent super can be used there. Cyclops is the obvious choice and he's fun, but oddly enough I also like Morrigan in that spot - she's not that good but fun to use and her beam super is pretty decent imo.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

Shuma ftw
meh if its a no god/top tier tourney they should have banned the top tier assists also.

I don't see how Gambit can be too annoying with meter though. While he does have a ghetto hail going on it's hardly anything to go crazy for. If anything I would be more worried about the ridic priority on that **** stick of his. It seriously goes through everything.

Also yeah silsam is crazy with meter. Call an assist at the wrong time and it loses half its health.

cutter

Smash Champion
If I play competitively I use Row (Mags/Sent/Cable), but when I want to mess around I go with BB Hood/Doom/CapCom. With CapCom being very doubtful to returning, I don't know how I'm going to live without Captain Corridor and its instantaneous full-screen reach combined with godly power and priority.

I also *love* to mix in Thanos and abuse the bubbles. I seriously believe Thanos could have been an upper tier character if he just had an air throw.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
meh if its a no god/top tier tourney they should have banned the top tier assists also.
Only one non-Iron-Man/War Machine top tier character allowed, but a lot of great assists aren't Top tier anyway. Psylocke, Tron, Captain Commando and Blackheart are only Upper. Cammy, Juggernaut and Zangief are mid. Akuma, Sonson, and Thanos are all Bottom or Low. It's not that bad.

I don't see how Gambit can be too annoying with meter though. While he does have a ghetto hail going on it's hardly anything to go crazy for. If anything I would be more worried about the ridic priority on that **** stick of his. It seriously goes through everything.

Also yeah silsam is crazy with meter. Call an assist at the wrong time and it loses half its health.
The meter was for Silver Samurai, I've never seen someone use his Ice super like that before, dayum.

Some teams for these I have been doing:

Captain America - B
Colossus - B
Psylocke - A

Anakaris - A/B
Guile - A
Charlie - B

Captain Commando - B
Akuma - Y
Shuma-Gorath - B

The last team I've also started to try ad bring into regular matches (at the arcade I go to 9/10 times it's a full god tier team)

cutter

Smash Champion
Dante has an assist that's almost exactly like Captain Corridor.
I know exactly what assist you're talking about. Dante's Jam Session isn't Captain Corridor 2.0. It's closer to Blackheart's AAA. Not exactly that damaging, no godly priority, and no pseudo-flying screen. :(

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Dante has an assist that's almost exactly like Captain Corridor.

CapCom on point? Madness.
Usually switch between him and Akuma. Both of their assists are really good and Akuma's makes Captain Commando on point viable. Most of the time they switch before the match tho.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well I know Ken's Hurricane Kick assist is really good, so I assume it's true for the rest of the shotos.

Team Shoto, another fun low tier team.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well I know Ken's Hurricane Kick assist is really good, so I assume it's true for the rest of the shotos.

Team Shoto, another fun low tier team.
All of Ryu's assists are pretty meh, but Ken and Akuma's are great. I just use Akuma because he's Akuma. My friend uses team shoto for lulz, also uses a team of Felicia/Ken/Ryu which is his main team and he's placed highly very consistently at our tournaments, not just in non-God tier tourneys either.

Strider really needs a spot in this game. I know it's still a long way to go and we have many more characters but I'm going to be a little anxious until if they announce him.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just to hear people spaz out, been using Hulk, Zangief and Cyclops.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Only one non-Iron-Man/War Machine top tier character allowed, but a lot of great assists aren't Top tier anyway. Psylocke, Tron, Captain Commando and Blackheart are only Upper. Cammy, Juggernaut and Zangief are mid. Akuma, Sonson, and Thanos are all Bottom or Low. It's not that bad.

The meter was for Silver Samurai, I've never seen someone use his Ice super like that before, dayum.

Some teams for these I have been doing:

Captain America - B
Colossus - B
Psylocke - A

Anakaris - A/B
Guile - A
Charlie - B

Captain Commando - B
Akuma - Y
Shuma-Gorath - B

The last team I've also started to try ad bring into regular matches (at the arcade I go to 9/10 times it's a full god tier team)
Now that I think about it when I said that I only really meant Tron proj lol. I know for the low tier tournies thrown on PSN that's generally banned cause it would become the go to assist for almost every low tier team thrown together.

Good to see some other mummy players he's def one of the more underrated characters. Also CapCom is toooooo fun on point.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Team Scrub ftw.
**** YEAH TEAM SCRUB. That was what I started out on before graduating to Duc. It still has a place in my heart, and I think it always will. Lately I've been interested in trying out Scrubclops though. The general premise of it is that you sacrifice CapCom's broken assist for Cyclops' ability to not be a free snapback kill. Not that CapCom is bad on point, but he does have an extremely hard time going up against Magneto, Storm, Iron Man, and the Summers family (Sentinel isn't so bad though).

I play Sim/IM/Cykes. No idea why,
I think you explained this once a long time ago. Something about Dhalsim's projectile or anti-air assist being a good combo extender.

cutter

Smash Champion
I'm already dying for more characters :(. NYCC seems like the perfect opportunity to reveal Magneto, since he's practically a shoe-in for the game.

I've also heard a bit of a hint towards Thanos coming back as well.

kr3wman

Smash Master
**** YEAH TEAM SCRUB. That was what I started out on before graduating to Duc. It still has a place in my heart, and I think it always will. Lately I've been interested in trying out Scrubclops though. The general premise of it is that you sacrifice CapCom's broken assist for Cyclops' ability to not be a free snapback kill. Not that CapCom is bad on point, but he does have an extremely hard time going up against Magneto, Storm, Iron Man, and the Summers family (Sentinel isn't so bad though).

I think you explained this once a long time ago. Something about Dhalsim's projectile or anti-air assist being a good combo extender.
pretty sure the Cable/Sent/Cykes team is like, an og team or something, older than team scrub lulz.

I use it when I feel like a cheater.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yeah, there are quite a lot of creative things you can do with non-God tier teams. I've been messing around with Spidey teams (Spidey, BB Hood, Doom) or Mega Man teams (MM, Tron, and Doom). They're gimmicky, but they're pretty fun. Hopefully MvC3 will bring about the same sense of diversity and good team synergy here and there.
You mentioned Doom twice, your awesome.

Doom and Megaman have a nasty projectile spam thing, if you do dooms laser while jumping and spam megamans projectile assist.(MvC2)

I looks awesome and is quite effective.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Isn't doom at least high? He has what could be considered one of the best assists... BH+doom is ridiculous too.

Top Bottom