• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
^^ I didn't really care much about him, but he did exceed my expectations - I don't know much about Resident Evil and I definitely wasn't expecting something so... Matrix-y.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wesker has a ton of stuff pumping through his veins. T-virus, G-virus, plagas, H1N1, AIDs, etc.

Tomo Takino

Smash Ace
Now if they had Leon and Krauser. That would be so awesome.
Hmm, I'm not sure what Leon would offer. Now that we've seen Wesker transmute his arm, its good to know that Krauser does indeed have a chance. Some people believe they are doing teams like in KoFs, and if that's true then we can hope for Krauser.

Suspect

Smash Hero
besides the DMC characters im upset with the cast so far. I still want Gambit, Jill, and Ken back.

This is gonna be TvC2 btw

kr3wman

Smash Master
I never played the game yet, I don't work at Capcom, didn't go to PAX, E3, EVO or TGS yet I have an opinion on how the game is gonna play and I'm 100% sure on it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wesker has a ton of stuff pumping through his veins. T-virus, G-virus, plagas, H1N1, AIDs, etc.
Which is why him just moving fas is such a let down. Mutate an arm, throw some virus containers, ect.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Dude, I've been playing MvC2 since i was 5, Ken is a waste of a spot and we all know most SF chars are bad is mvc.

coming from a person who loves Ken and Sean.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hmm, I'm not sure what Leon would offer.
- Better lines.
- Infinite rocket launcher.
- Doesn't look like he was drawn by Rob Liefeld.
- Chicago Typewriter.
- You are small time.

So what are all the characters so far?
Ryu
Wolverine
Morrigan
Iron Man
Chris Redfield
Hulk
Dante
Deadpool
Felicia
Captain America
Chun-Li
Dr. Doom
Trish
Super Skrull
Amaterasu
Thor
Viewtiful Joe
Dormammu
Tron Bonne
X-23
Wesker
Spider-Man

and how many spots are left?
Nobody knows for sure but it's safe to assume that there will only be a dozen or so more based on what Capcom has said.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
...are you guys seriously complaining about Ken?

KEN?

OG's for MvC3
I'm being serious, Ken's Hurricane Kick assist is amazing.

Dude, I've been playing MvC2 since i was 5, Ken is a waste of a spot and we all know most SF chars are bad is mvc.
Their properties are wildly different enough in every Marvel vs. game since Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (only 3 non-shoto SF characters in that game), so I wouldn't be disappointed if he or Akuma or Sakura made it in, but I would like to see a character who is more than a shoto fitted into this game. If one of them makes it in I'm not going to go like "AAAAH KEN [censored] THAT NOW 1 OF MY FAVRITE CHARACTERS GOT CUT BECAUSE OF HIM!!!! CAPACOM DOESNT LISTEN TO THERE FANS!!!!" like on eventscrubs or gamefaqs or facebook (< You guys should go there, it's pretty hilarious). Two tops, and since I use Akuma more in MvC 2....

Speaking of facebook there was a make your own roster thread, I've been compiling a 40-character list that I think is rather solid. Would that be alright to post here? It's like the only time I've mentioned what characters I want in a huge bulk, want to make sure it's not spam.

EDIT: Lol got censored. Just typing it like they do there. I accept my infraction :p

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The rules were
1. No deconfirmed characters (No Gene, No Power Stone, No Dr. Strange, no Daredevil, etc.)
2. Use trailers as hints where there is interpretation (Woman silhouette at end of Episode 2 can be up for grabs, as can the purple-ish looking thing X-23 strikes)
3. A realistic amount of characters, no less than 30 no more than 56, MvC 2's number.

We've heard anywhere from 35 to 50-ish, so I rounded it to 40, 20 from each side. Here is my somewhat thought out character list.

Wolverine - Ryu
Iron Man - Morrigan
Hulk - Chris Redfield
Captain America - Trish
Deadpool - Dante
Super Skrull - Felicia
Dr. Doom - Chun-Li
Thor - Amaterasu
Dormammu - Viewtiful Joe
X-23 - Tron Bonne
Spider-Man - Frank West
Storm - Charlie Nash
Gambit - Strider Hiryu
Venom - Albert Wesker
Psylocke - Ibuki
She-Hulk - Mike Haggar
Scarlet Witch - Juri
Magneto - Strider Hien
Shuma-Gorath - Sigma
Master Mold/Modok* - Mega Man

*Using purple-ish object from X-23 video for this, I can see it both ways

I kind of tried to do rivalries but I guess a few of them were just thrown in there so both characters had a rival. If we could use deconfirmed characters Emma Frost and The Thing would be on mine.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Two striders? Couldn't you replace the 2nd one with Nathan Spencer?

^^I think Felicia's rival is Skrull because they're the last of their races (at least thats what someone told me, it would be cool if someone could confirm this)

Caps rival is Trish. Strongest Sheild vs the strongest sword.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
A lot of Skrulls were killed in the Annihilus and Secret Invasion story arcs, but Super Skrull is definitely not the last one. He never was.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Charecter's confirmed/shown together =/= rival.
Not necessarily, as Comic-Con has Felicia and Trish with different pairings from when they were announced, but Ryu and Wolverine aren't rivals? Can also be looked at as not real rivals but more like a counter part. Still I should go over mine better.

Two striders? Couldn't you replace the 2nd one with Nathan Spencer?

Wielding three cyphers and being able to connect two of them together for a boomerang projectile (and he can throw two of these connected cyphers at once, so he must have more than three :p), rapid slashing, great slash, much longer boost, exploding shurikens, ceiling cling as well as wall cling, and since Strider summons generic enemies from Strider, Hien could call in bosses from Strider 2 for his supers. Strider Hien is his own different breed of bad ***. He also fits a role for Capcom villains that we apparently "need" in the game.

Nathan Spencer just barely missed it.

Caps rival is Trish. Strongest Sheild vs the strongest sword.
Makes sense. I kinda thought that Felicia and Captain America were paired since the US was the only country to accept catgirls in Vampire.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
who I personally want as the final 8....

Mega man-Magneto
Tessa-Electro
Bass.EXE-Bastion
C. Viper-Squirrel Girl

that's of course if it IS actually 30.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I pretty sure we're getting more than 30. There's no way we're only getting two more announcements, especially since the next one is most likely at the next comic con(which is on october 8).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
My guess is that there will be at least 10 more characters, making 32 total at minimum.

Sometimes it's a little hard to believe that we know almost the entire cast right now.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Does Kairi fall into the Shoto category, or are we not counting EX?
Kairi and Allen are, yes, but no one gives a **** about EX.

The term also goes into other Capcom games, it's pretty much defined by QCF+P, QCB+K, DP+P for what is usually the main character of another franchise (Why Demitri and Morrigan are called shotos)

Top Bottom